Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

THIS will be the year they turn the franchise around! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Just two more hours until we get excited about November! :fap:

And just 3 1/2 more months or so until we hate the new game again!

The circle of COD...

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

loving World of Warduty...

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Holy poo poo they have that pseudo soccer game mode from UT2K3...TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Spoon Man posted:

BOMBING RUNS?!

I played that all the time with goons until it got discontinued as a vacant gametype.

loving right!

I'm sold on this game just based on the modes alone. That is the single biggest reason I quit playing Ghosts. They took out all of the modes that were halfway decent and left us with Blitz, which although it looked good on paper, it ended up being incredibly lovely in practice.

CTF and Hardpoint should have never been taken out. Even if Momentum and Uplink end up sucking, it's nice to know we'll have some solid classics to fall back on.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

There are more. The devs did a Q&A on Twitter this morning, and they said there are more streaks and more modules, but none of them will be revealed until launch.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

The "Pro Bootcamp" is about to start at twitch.tv/callofduty. Tune in to see your favorite teenagers begin to evaluate which guns and perks and streaks should be removed from the "sport!"

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

An Uplink match is about to start. :allears:

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Uplink stuff (new to me):
- Throwing the ball into the goal is 1 point
- Jumping into the goal while holding the ball is 2 points
- If the game is tied at the end of regulation, it goes to a stopwatch overtime like CTF in BO2.

I'm trying not to overhype myself, but drat I can't wait to play that mode...

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

el B posted:

They remade Uplink for this game? Wasn't that already a remake?

It was a remake of Summit from BO1 in BO2. It's a new game mode similar to UT's Bombing Run in AW.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

venutolo posted:

Well, yeah, it is obviously possible. I just don't get why they don't do it.

We are getting ping bars back! Woo!

<some joke about how it would unfairly inflate the K/Ds of those who play on Playstation more>

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

The Merry Marauder posted:

I thought they were just not-Tomahawks, but who knows.

If you're talking about the thing I think you're talking about, that thing can be recalled like a boomerang. They talked about it on one of the streams the other day. So you can not only kill people via direct impact, but you can pull it back to you and kill anything in the way.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Here you go.

No fancy form submissions or any additional coding, just a plain old spreadsheet.

You take Steam off there right this second! This here be the console thread!

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Wazzit posted:

Honestly, I just want to play this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7gLkJtHNg

Free to play too, if you consider living in China FREE. :911:

gently caress China

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

:gizz:

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Gordon Shumway posted:

I thought you could only have one hoppy suit ability at a time?

I think double jumping and dashing are common abilities for every player. Cloaking is a distinct "ability" or whatever.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

penis bandana posted:

I will get this game for whatever console the important nerds get it for, and then I will be forever pissed at you guys for forcing me into a lovely purchase and flipping spawns all the time.

The gigantic gap between PS4 and Xbone console sales would suggest PS4. The huge disparity in goon populations for Destiny would suggest PS4.

The spreadsheet says it's Xbone. :iiam:

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

That's the boat I'm in at this point. The only reason I'm getting it on Xbone is because I've enjoyed playing CODs with the Xbox group in the past. Unless you care about getting the map packs a month early, I'm not sure there's any other reason to get it for the Xbone.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Another reason Ghosts was terrible: lovely game modes. No CTF, no Hardpoint (which had been a big hit in the previous installment), no Headquarters, and I don't think there was even Demolition. Blitz looked cool on paper, but it played horribly. Every game turned in to teams trading caps as fast as possible with virtually no defense played.

AW is bringing back CTF and HP, so it's already on the right track. Uplink looks like a ton of fun, and I don't think it will flop like Blitz since the ball mechanic draws the action to a central location at all times. And then Momentum should be solid. It's a formula that works great in TF2. If anything, it's like a more dynamic Domination (which needs to die already).

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Never been wrecked in a goon group like last night. I think we had about a .3 W/L after around 20 games. Lost the only Momentum game we played, lost EVERY Uplink we played (pretty badly at that), and even had some Doms that we only won by like one or two points or even tied.
- Shotguns suck dick from what I saw last night. I'm hoping it might be like MW3 where they're terrible until you get a few attachments, at which point they're amazing. I got hitmarkers with the pump action shotty more often that not, even from like 10 ft. away. The S12 was even worse...I would get three or four hitmarkers from close range and still not have a kill to show for it.

- Love the movement. The game feels so much faster now.

- A lot of the killstreaks feel very underwhelming, and they're made even worse by the perks you get straight out of the gate. The stock Warbird feels like it stays in the air all of 10 seconds, and if you're lucky enough to find someone NOT running the stealth perk, it seems like it takes way too many bullets to kill. I'm sure it gets better with the extra modules, but I feel like there's no incentive to use it otherwise. Haven't tried the Paladin yet.

- I like the new game modes a lot. Momentum is a good spin on the standard point capturing formula. Uplink is cool too, but it takes a fuckton more coordination and teamwork than something like Domination and is definitely frustrating to play when everyone isn't on the same page. I'm glad Hardpoint is back, but they desperately need raised borders for the capture area. It's drat near impossible to see that little yellow line sometimes.

- I know the game just came out, and there's still a lot to learn, but I just can't see how it would ever be possible to get a DNA Bomb without camping your rear end off. The game is way too fast, and you are vulnerable from drat near every loving angle imaginable. It's a little disappointing since it was possible in MW3 and Ghosts to gets MOABs/KEMs while running around like a madman as long as you played smart. I just can't see that happening in this game.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

All PC players:

:siren:There are two settings in your advanced video options, these settings are:

-Cache Sun Shadow Maps
-Cache Spot Shadow Maps

SET THESE TO OFF!

This will eliminate the poo poo textures in game and should alleviate a significant amount of hitching/freezing.

:siren:

Wouldn't it be easier to just PM the other guy?

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

According to the app, clan wars are currently frozen. They will reevaluate the situation at 11 EST this morning. I guess that explains why our wins weren't updating last night. :argh:

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Radio Talmudist posted:

Playing on the PC for the free weekend.

I'm really enjoying it.

On regular weekends, what's the wait-time like on lobbies?

Please refer to the OP.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

I read something earlier today that said AW sales are lagging 27% behind Ghosts sales over the same time frame last year. Maybe the average consumer is finally realizing what goons realized years ago. :shrug:

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

How much was the System Hack before? Is 700 that much of an increase? At least that loving skull is gone...

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/treyarch/status/562318393060364288

Treyarch apparently has some sort of zombies announcement coming up. Seems way too early for something like this, but oh well.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Agoat posted:

The main Xbone clan is full? I'll make another if people will play.

If you're talking about BOYS, I seem to remember there being around 58 or so members last time I looked at the in-game roster. And I can't remember the last time I saw more than maybe three or four of those people online playing COD at once.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Maybe this is old news, but apparently the Ohm has a hidden slug mode: http://youtu.be/d3IW4tCIkwU

You have to use the hybrid sight to activate it. It has the same range as the normal shotgun mode, but it's a one-shot kill at max range. From what Sledgehammer tweeted, it sounds like this might be patched soon.

Almost makes me want to play tonight...

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

I'm gonna sign us up for GameBattles. :rms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

They're currently running a promotion where if you buy Titanfall, you don't have to contemplate playing AW.

• Locked thread