Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squidgy
May 22, 2010
All the classes look awesome, I don't know which one to choose. Also, to make things more complicated you can be like, multiple classes at the same time by class advancing horizontally?? I think I'm going to end up making like a hundred characters.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO SAVE ME FROM REAL LIFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This game seems like it could be sweet. Im skeptical but excited at the moment.

Some of the class mechanics they've revealed are really unique and thats why I think this game has real promise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6hch4Yo6ys

E: I mean theres generic 2handed swordmans and archer or whatever but then theres a whole class dedicated to carving statues :psyduck:

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 7, 2014

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Some of the class mechanics they've revealed are really unique and thats why I think this game has real promise.

E: I mean theres generic 2handed swordmans and archer or whatever but then theres a whole class dedicated to carving statues :psyduck:

Yeah some of the classes are really out there, didn't think much of it until I saw classes like Centurion with the formations and some super niche classes like Oracle who just serve to make you farm better. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/14/nexon-teases-hyper-universe-with-a-trailer-will-publish-tree-of/

The dream is dead. RIP.

Please save us, Owen Mahoney, you are our only hope. :smithcloud:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nexon is publishing it in korea. I dont know if it'll mean that they'll publish it in US anyways, but it'll still be better than it being published by someone like Gravity.

After Trions bungling of AA, I dont think there are any worthwhile mmo publishers in the states. Its a sad world when Perfect World is probably your best bet, and thats mostly because they leave the developers do whatever they want.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Nexon is publishing it in korea. I dont know if it'll mean that they'll publish it in US anyways, but it'll still be better than it being published by someone like Gravity.

After Trions bungling of AA, I dont think there are any worthwhile mmo publishers in the states. Its a sad world when Perfect World is probably your best bet, and thats mostly because they leave the developers do whatever they want.

Yeah, I said the same thing about Trion to a friend of mine in IRC. Nexon has been getting better mostly, but their customer service still sucks. I sure hope nothing in ToS is client-side, because :laffo:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gravity is significantly worse than Nexon.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Biowarfare posted:

Gravity is significantly worse than Nexon.

Wow, look at this Nexon shill. :jerkbag:

With an avatar like that you can't expect anyone to take you seriously!

Just kidding, love you babe. :kimchi:

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
Is this actually even an MMO or is it an MMO the way that Diablo and Path of Exile are technically MMO's.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Silento posted:

Wow, look at this Nexon shill. :jerkbag:

With an avatar like that you can't expect anyone to take you seriously!

Just kidding, love you babe. :kimchi:

I'm being serious btw, anything is better than gravity/aeriagames, even a steaming pile of poo poo on the ground

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No.Mercy posted:

Is this actually even an MMO or is it an MMO the way that Diablo and Path of Exile are technically MMO's.

The trailer in the OP made me think this was an action RPG, not an MMO. I would much rather this be an action RPG.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

G-Star trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz59DqcTc4k

They've really polished up the graphics. Looks great.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The audio quality of that trailer was horrendous. The bitrate or hz must have been low as hell.

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011

PureRok posted:

The audio quality of that trailer was horrendous. The bitrate or hz must have been low as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWYn2E9KHT8

Check out that one, it just came out. Better quality.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

No.Mercy posted:

Game's bloody gorgeous.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
The trailers make it look pretty good. Not that the trailers show that much, it can easily turn out to be grindy, primitive and horribly imbalanced.

But still, many MMOs fail to look appealing even in trailers, so I'd say that ToS has something going for it :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

No.Mercy posted:

that actually looks pretty hot

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I was hoping for a date for the beta, but this is cool too. Graphics are still kickass. :)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

A new interview was posted, the translation is kinda bad but definitely readable.

Some highlights:
[/list]

[*]They're following through on their promise to have 80 classes! 4 Base classes, with 19 subclasses each.

[*]Bosses drop cards that can be used in a myriad of different ways. For example, the Sorcerer class can summon bosses to ride on/fight with by using cards (this class was shown in one of the blog updates, actually). The interview goes on to say that there will be lots of other uses for them too. I sure hope the drop rates aren't bad...

[*]This isn't stated in the interview, but apparently the first Korean beta is coming up in a few weeks! I hope there's no NDA, I want tons of info!

Edit: Whoops, really hosed up that list.

Silento fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 26, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ground floor.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

Ground floor.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Ground floor.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Ground floor.

There doesn't appear to be fishing in this game, so I'm sure the pedos will stay away.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Silento posted:

There doesn't appear to be fishing in this game, so I'm sure the pedos will stay away.

:eyepop:

but no seriously, the game actually looks pretty fun, I'll be following it

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dievdirbys

They're reaching out(to the european world) when it comes to ideas for classes.
Interested, even if Nexon is involved.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think that linker class looks fun as gently caress to play

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly I love gimmicky classes but drat will this be a nightmare to balance. Im ok with it because RO was horribly inbalanced and I still had a lot of fun in it.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Postal Parcel posted:

Interested, even if Nexon is involved.

Please tell me why nexon being invovled is a bad thing? What did they do wrong to you?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silento posted:

Hell yes sign me up

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Biowarfare posted:

Please tell me why nexon being invovled is a bad thing? What did they do wrong to you?

Every single person who works at nexon is actually Adolf Hitler.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Biowarfare posted:

For one they wont even let me play their drat games from where I'm at because they decide to region lock their servers. Despite us being a territory of the US and despite getting better pings/having more bandwidth that some idiot in the middle of dumbfuck nowhere CONUS.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I think that linker class looks fun as gently caress to play

Yeah a lot of the classes look fun as heck

Idk if what I want to play first. I think I like the idea of playing the swordman guy who jumps on idiots all day.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

For one they wont even let me play their drat games from where I'm at because they decide to region lock their servers. Despite us being a territory of the US and despite getting better pings/having more bandwidth that some idiot in the middle of dumbfuck nowhere CONUS.

This is not a nexon problem, this is a legal publisher law problem.

RottenK posted:

Every single person who works at nexon is actually Adolf Hitler.

:???:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Biowarfare posted:

This is not a nexon problem, this is a legal publisher law problem.

:???:

Surprisingly enough no other MMO I've played has this issue! So im going to blame Nexon on this!

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Surprisingly enough no other MMO I've played has this issue! So im going to blame Nexon on this!

Why can't you use a gaming VPN service to circumvent this?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

gepgepgep posted:

Why can't you use a gaming VPN service to circumvent this?

Does your gaming vpn offer you a Korean ssn and a working Korean cellphone number?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Biowarfare posted:

I find the way Nexon monetizes their games to be really, really effective at stopping me from buying just about anything. Still better than if Gravity picked up the game, though.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Pesterchum posted:

I find the way Nexon monetizes their games to be really, really effective at stopping me from buying just about anything. Still better than if Gravity picked up the game, though.

Nexon's monetisation will be toned down on future games, don't worry!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Saw 20 replies since yesterday. Thought maybe there's a beta starting or something.

Nope, just people arguing about Nixon :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Truga posted:

Saw 20 replies since yesterday. Thought maybe there's a beta starting or something.

Nope, just people arguing about Nixon :(
right? this game looks interesting and if nex gently caress up the money then dont play it, jerks

• Locked thread