Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat, it feels like I really want to grind poo poo in a game right now but the game isn't out yet. IMC what are you doing, this week would have been great to release the game.

Well see now, the community got a hissy fit because of the previous preorder model, so IMC had to change everything, costing us this week of playtime. It was supposed to be launched Tuesday, but no, 3 months of early access was too much for some people to handle. "MY FREE TO PLAY GAME IMMERSION!" they said. And then IMC said "Well, we don't care about the people who were going to throw $50 at this game anyway, we'd much rather have all the cheap rear end scumbags be happy with their $10 option, because God forbid they have to forego their Chicken McNuggets for a day, or their doughnuts or their pizza", and there you have it. The reason we aren't playing right now is poor people. loving poor people. They can afford a computer, they can afford internet, but they can't afford $50 for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No they did the right thing for the good of the entire game, its juts that I dont see how shifting their early access schedule would influence their release a whole lot.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Hey I heard welfare crybabies ruined everything about this game already; c/d?

frt it looks nice, might get

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

suicide4sexbots posted:

Hey I heard welfare crybabies ruined everything about this game already; c/d?

frt it looks nice, might get

they only ruined it by getting the release date pushed back 1 week, but other than that it resulted in a better deal for everyone

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
RE: Squire.

Is it really that bad? I'd heard you could make a fortune with the weapon enhancement shop because everyone wants that buff on at all times.

Drium fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 25, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean if you are going to have your guild leader in an alt account then you might as well and have complete suffering and go 2x on squire so you can plop him in a safe spot to act as a repair/buff bot. Losing 3 circles, specially later ones, to completely support classes is devastating.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
The weapon buff is ok, but silver can be used to more permanent damage buffs to skills. You'll still make some silver if you go squire, pardoner, or alchemist at first because people will buy the things but it's going to hurt your ability to kill things quite a bit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK so IMC is actually saying all the right things right now. They've mentioned that that the plan is to reduced the price of the early access package a few weeks after release by 30% to compensate people that jump in later, it will also help early population split by having people not flood the servers initially (it will still happen but whatever, it might not be as bad)

They are also adding a free one time transfer to a differen't server in the case that the early server becomes a ghost town thanks to f2p, but that'll happen later on so to not greatly affect the f2p launch servers.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does attack speed behave in this game? Are all the weapons the same attack speed? I couldn't find information about it anywhere.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are also adding a free one time transfer to a differen't server in the case that the early server becomes a ghost town thanks to f2p, but that'll happen later on so to not greatly affect the f2p launch servers.

im really glad to hear this

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm getting more excited as we close in to Tuesday. I've got my starter class nailed down to cleric, archer, mage, or swordsman.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

forge posted:

I'm getting more excited as we close in to Tuesday. I've got my starter class nailed down to cleric, archer, mage, or swordsman.

glad to hear you finally decided

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

forge posted:

:yeah:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
I've managed to narrow it down to Cleric or Archer.

Probably archer though. Seems more my jam. Plus, their alt costumes look cooler. Thinking of going fletcher and making arrows for years.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I think I've decided on dopple, I always appreciate a good whirlwind ability. Probably just go circle 2 to keep using swords as well

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
does anyone know if monk and the associated playstyle is good or a huge, stinking dumpster

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Luceid posted:

does anyone know if monk and the associated playstyle is good or a huge, stinking dumpster

From what I can see it's one of the better content soloers due to being able to self buff and self heal themselves yet still do decent damage. Also a great team player due to the many buffs they can dish out.

Only downside is that since you'll be dumping most of your stats into Str and Con you'll be relatively useless until you actually unlock monk at CR5 and have gotten some skills.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/y78kned1gc/ seems to be one of the more popular builds currently used.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm either going Cleric 2, Priest 3, Chaplain, Plague doctor or Cleirc 1, Priest 3, Chaplain, Druid 2. It all depends if I want to be more offense or support oriented.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How hard/inconvenient is respecing in this game?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

What's a good spear user build if I don't particularly care about having a mount? Targeting Dragoon for last class I guess. Seems like you can either build 2h or spear+shield. Looking for something pretty solo-able.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

fadam posted:

How hard/inconvenient is respecing in this game?

Stat resets are only from events or 1 from buying the $50 early access pack, but there were a lot of those given out in Korea so we can expect a few. Skill resets are ~$8(may change) in the pay shop or 1 from the $50 pack. You can never reset class choices. If you read the stat descriptions it's hard to gently caress up so badly you need to reset. Skills require some looking around though.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

What's a good spear user build if I don't particularly care about having a mount? Targeting Dragoon for last class I guess. Seems like you can either build 2h or spear+shield. Looking for something pretty solo-able.

Swordsman - Peltasta - Hoplite - Hoplite - Hoplite - Doppelsoeldner - Dragoon is the tryhard good build for this. It is very strong but you'll be using basic attacks a lot at early levels.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Alright Sacro, you seem like you're the build expert here.

What are decent PvP options that can still solo (aoe farm a bonus) decently well for either archer or swordsman? Since I assume we'll be doing guild vs guild I guess I want to plan ahead.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sacro posted:

Swordsman - Peltasta - Hoplite - Hoplite - Hoplite - Doppelsoeldner - Dragoon is the tryhard good build for this. It is very strong but you'll be using basic attacks a lot at early levels.

That's the exact build I was eyeballing, sweet. Is there a good breakdown on where to put stats now?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Someone post a cool mage build that includes Thaumaturge please.

Also a cool cleric build that, I don't know, does something. i've said in discord a few times that I hated having no heals in open beta so preferably something that can heal and also deal damage.

Also also just a build for any class that has really huge burst because I like doing a big number.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Also a cool cleric build that, I don't know, does something. i've said in discord a few times that I hated having no heals in open beta so preferably something that can heal and also deal damage.

Also also just a build for any class that has really huge burst because I like doing a big number.

For burst, anything that goes Ranger->Ranger2->Ranger3-> __ -> Muskateer will give you all the big numbers you want. (400% + big numbers on head shot scale to ridiculous proportions.)

For cleric,

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9osfd594cy/

This is the druid build I was thinking of going with. Insane damage, good utility, good heals. I skipped Zalciai because the tiny magic damage boost didn't seem worth investing points in, and magic can't crit so it's purely party support other than the tiny magic damage boost.

You could probably work a way to put one point in it just for the option/augment. I'm too lazy to edit the build right now though.

I vehemently refuse to take points out of Daino, because I'm convinced it's the key to totally breaking the game in party content. Note, you don't get stoneskin in this build. However, every other cleric in existence will have this. And any champlains will be able to give it to you. And since you can support +16 buffs, you'll be able to hold it. :P

Instead of stoneskin, I went with the unconventional approach of Sterea Trofh + Melstis. It allows you to have a duration based safety zone (and you still have safety zone on top of it) so I find it a viable alternative to stone skin. I'm actually looking for ways to get more points into Melstis for extra duration. If anyone sees and refinements, let me know.

Edit: Found out Sterea is now considered a magic circle (before it just made grass glow) so it might not be affected by Melstis. It's still useful, but not as imperative.

For stats, it's 100% INT. Maybe some con if you plan on pvping. Though, you're better off going with Oracle instead of Druid if you plan on pvping. They get bonkers broken skills for it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 26, 2016

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So when is the earliest F2F person can join? I like the art style.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

Note I am not omniscient knower of Tree of Savior mechanics and things may change with the launch of the English servers anyways.

Drium posted:

Alright Sacro, you seem like you're the build expert here.

What are decent PvP options that can still solo (aoe farm a bonus) decently well for either archer or swordsman? Since I assume we'll be doing guild vs guild I guess I want to plan ahead.

Archer 2 - Ranger 3 - Scout - Musketeer or Cannoneer, can swap the Archer 2 for Rogue or whatever really. Scout and Cannon or Musket are the big pvp ones.
Swordsman 2 - Hoplite - Cataphract 3 - Doppelsoeldner or Dragoon, Swordsman 2+ get a buff to stun enemies and Cataphract's spin or Doppelsoeldner's spin will kill people with the stun. Peltasta 1 for 25% maxhp is also a thing.
If you don't want to do Cataphract 3 you can also go with Barbarian 2/3 and Doppelsoeldner 2 or Doppelsoeldner into Dragoon.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That's the exact build I was eyeballing, sweet. Is there a good breakdown on where to put stats now?

Str and dex, pick a ratio between 1 to 3 either direction. Higher dex means more crits and if you take very high dex you dodge most physical attacks, higher str means more flat damage. Some points in con if you feel like you're dying, but if you're not doing pvp you shouldn't have much of a problem. Plate vs leather is also debatable but you'll have to pick one to sink silver into the mastery, if you're going mostly str you probably want plate.

Countblanc posted:

Wizard - Cryomancer - Linker - Thaumaturge 2 - Sorcerer 2? I don't know if Necromancer is very cool but it could also be a thing.

Cleric - Priest 3 - Chaplain - Druid 2 or finish off with Krivis/Plague Doctor. Priest gets mass heal in c2 and Chaplain/Druid/Plague Doctor do some damage.
Wildcard option Cleric - Priest 2 - Sadhu 3 - Plague Doctor

Alder posted:

So when is the earliest F2F person can join? I like the art style.

April 28th it will be totally free.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sacro posted:

Wildcard option Cleric - Priest 2 - Sadhu 3 - Plague Doctor

What does Sadhu even do? Like, I understand what its skills do, but they seem like, to not synergize with anyything. What stats do they even want?

also thank you both for the suggestions

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Anything you guys who've played the tests would recommend to a new player to this type of MMO? Are all classes viable or are there certain builds you should be doing to be "good"?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Goobs posted:

Anything you guys who've played the tests would recommend to a new player to this type of MMO? Are all classes viable or are there certain builds you should be doing to be "good"?

Unless you care about end game pvp, or leveling efficiency, you don't need to really worry about optimal builds. Nothing in this game is really hard, it's just that some builds wade through the mobs faster than others.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Unless you care about end game pvp, or leveling efficiency, you don't need to really worry about optimal builds. Nothing in this game is really hard, it's just that some builds wade through the mobs faster than others.

So basically level whatever I think is fun then at end game get a skill tome or something from the store and re-spec for pvp stuff? seems alright.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Goobs posted:

So basically level whatever I think is fun then at end game get a skill tome or something from the store and re-spec for pvp stuff? seems alright.

If you want to end with some pvp, you'll probably at least want a rough character outline going in. You can't reselect your classes once you choose them. So you can reskill your chosen skills in those classes, but you can't change the class choices themselves.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

If you want to end with some pvp, you'll probably at least want a rough character outline going in. You can't reselect your classes once you choose them. So you can reskill your chosen skills in those classes, but you can't change the class choices themselves.

Ahhh I see okay thanks, I'm going to have to do some homework it seems.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Countblanc posted:

What does Sadhu even do? Like, I understand what its skills do, but they seem like, to not synergize with anyything. What stats do they even want?

i only just started looking at this game so i might be wrong, but from i saw it seems like sadhu is all about autoattacking while out of body, which gains bonus damage from int

so you stack int and combo with other spells with damage from int (krivis - zaibas) while your spirit beats down mobs

you just have to protect your body while doing that

e: so it seems like a high dps cleric that probably shines well in teams where your body won't get attacked often

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 26, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Foppington posted:

Only downside is that since you'll be dumping most of your stats into Str and Con you'll be relatively useless until you actually unlock monk at CR5 and have gotten some skills.

it's gonna be like making an RO monk all over again. im fuckin rock hard boys

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Countblanc posted:

Sadhu stand in one place and kill the gently caress out of things. I didn't play one, but every time I saw someone streaming with one, it was just sitting in one spot and using its weird ghost thing to just facetank and destroy,

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Sadhu's OOB autoattack is a triple strike magicattack, so it benefits a lot from INT. If you're OOB you can still technically cast spells but they will be cast on/in front of your mainbody, which is still vulnerable to attacks.

The main goon i know that tried out Sadhu to high levels actually took 3 in cleric, instead of Krivis, which might be a more obvious INT choice. It would definetely make leveling easier. Cleric 3 gives you more out of your safety zone, your main source of security for your fragile body. You'll be OOB a lot, so you probably want to keep your actual spells either as support or long CD/high impact.

Then again I haven't been paying attention to any changes since the last time i played...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sacro posted:

April 28th it will be totally free.

Thanks, I'm going to do PVE so any build is fine right? I really like flashy skills and magic sooo I'll focus on that too.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

You can get by in pve with just about anything but yes some builds will be significantly better than others. If you're in doubt ask before you change classes or throw out what build you're looking at. There will be a lot of activity in discord when the game is out and people will tell you if you are making a huge mistake or not. The game is not about rushing to max level and being the top dps for raiding so pick cool classes that you want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Sacro posted:

The game is not about rushing to max level and being the top dps for raiding so pick cool classes that you want to play.

I wish more people seemed to get this point. There is really no end game in this, so why play something that isn't fun/cool even if it's slightly more efficient than the others? :confused:

There's so much cool class diversity, it's a pity 90% of the people playing will be going in with a "babies first korean build" approach.

I'll probably hop in discord on Monday and see what everyone is theory crafting though. I'm pretty much settled on 2 routes, but I'm having a hell of a time deciding which will be the most fun in the long run.

Lets all get :sludgepal: for the Tuesday morning release.

• Locked thread