Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Wow, it's already greenlit. Even if it is a hoax that's just got to show the developers how excited people actually are for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

drat, doesn't look like I was lucky enough :smith:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

For what it's worth, I haven't played the game myself but all the streamers I've watched didn't seem to have huge issues with stamina

Gruknor posted:

Hopefully they let us get stamina drinks another way. Anyone know when the NA retail release is coming? I did not get into the beta and I can't find any details on ToS' retail release.

We don't know anything about actual release in any region. Best guess is not for a while

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Excited for another round of crippling disappointment

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Signups ended with over 150k people, the servers are probably going to spend the entire month on fire

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Some fansites might get extra keys for a giveaway or something, http://treeofsaviorgame.com and http://www.tosbase.com/ are the only two I know of though

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah, you can download the client as soon as you get your key

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you clicked on the button on the site, you'll get one. There's still six days left, there's no rush

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

rizzen posted:

I got a nice error about the game not being able to create flash player, so heads up, you need it installed to play for some reason.

The launcher uses flash, https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3pqavj/a_fix_for_those_with_error_47_failed_to_create/ this seems to work for people with that issue

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'm loving how dense with monsters some of these maps are, it's really satisfying gathering a bunch of monsters up and exploding them

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Rafzakael posted:

Got to 45, main quest bugged and remains bugged even after logging out and back in. I got the testing I wanted to out of this, but boy this game is a lot of fun. Can't wait for launch

Try abandoning the quest, F5 opens the quest log

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I doubt most people are going to switch, unless forced to, they're already attached to their existing characters

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I killed a world boss and died like 20 times doing it but didn't get the loot box at the end :smith:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

My character is wearing some giga puddi and a fried egg on their head, Tree of Savior definitely has its hat game on point

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The mercenary post in Fedimian, after level 100 you can talk to a dude in there and he sends you on missions. It dropped at the end for me, my friends all got weird gimmick weapons too

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Gotta say that I'm enjoying the game, flaws and all, but man this exp curve after 160 is brutal. I can't even imagine how bad 300/400+ is going to feel if they keep the rates this way. Still really early, though, hopefull they listen to feedback

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hivac posted:

CB2? the exp amount is several times more than how much we'll get at launch, IIRC

There's no way in hell they're dumb enough to do that, without significant changes to how the game works. Nobody in their right minds wants that

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Gibbo posted:

Am I crazy if I think the rate isn't that bad? Maybe a tiny bit more xp and money from mobs would be nice but the quest XP feels pretty spot on to my sensibilities. And slowing it down at around 160-200 seems reasonable because by then you have 5-6 ranks under your belt and actually have options.

Also is tosbase wrong on what drops the Sestas Staff? I've been dealing with the lovely disconnects of the broken rear end Mausoleum Construction Site storage for like 5 days and grinding until the random timeouts drive me crazy, and I can't get the loving thing to drop. I've got like 15 Hastas in total, but no staff.

For me it's more that the game did such a great job avoiding this before this part. There were a couple rough patches, even then I maybe had to grind out a level or two and then maybe I could go do a dungeon or the exp curve hit a reset. But as it stands now, the 160 dungeon is worthless, the next one is 175, and the next reset is like, 180 something. I have a couple zones I could maybe go do, but that might hit me up to 165 or 166, still ten levels away from doing something that isn't grinding

I'm not really trying to doomsay the game or anything, it's pretty obvious that higher level poo poo is way unfinished, but I just wanted to hit doppel so I could spin :(

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

blackflare posted:

Hah, my friend poked me to test something. Killed 10 of the same monster, no pet out, gained 3.5% exp bar. Same 10 monster, with a pet, gained 2.5% exp bar.

So the pet steals about 30% of all your exp. Greaaatttt

Are you sure there wasn't overkills or something else messing with the experience gain? All the testing I've seen shows that the companion doesn't actually leech exp

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The hoplite c2 spear poke can hit multiple mobs I'm pretty sure, but it feels like the aoe is less than the rest of your stuff

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

You get bonus exp based on the % of overkill, and it caps at 255%

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

There's a post on the official forums that says they're just doing testing with the steam servers or something

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The game was greenlit ages ago, the first two betas were on steam. It just isn't a public game so there isn't any listing for it. The entry for the beta was actually removed from peoples libraries around the time open beta was announced, it'll probably pop back up soon

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Guess I'm waiting until June, or maybe May. I liked what I played of the game, but not $30-50 like

I feel like this is gonna backfire on them so hard

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Did they change the exp rates or anything? Or does it still take 5 days of nonstop grinding to get through prison.

The way I understand it is getting to 200 should be pretty smooth, you get crazy bonuses from using the dungeon finder thing, but after that it can get pretty grindy

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I have to imagine that is how it works, the bad wording is just because they're Korean

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

would you bet 50 on it? much as i enjoy tos, i dont think its a good bet

They just posted an update, you can play on whatever server you want

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The top tier founder/early access packs are always kinda ridiculous. If they go with the poll results and pick the second option, 10bux is more than reasonable for a cheap tier

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

That's probably the one they want to do. Not sure they'd put up a poll when it's stacked so badly to begin with though

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

2 AM EST March 29

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I can't decide between playing Musketeer, Dragoon or Doppel. I played hoplite in the beta and that was cool but I wanna be a cool dude with a giant 2h weapon or gun this time

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The game was considered "out" but got changed to a preload, I think it has to do with that

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I think I've decided on dopple, I always appreciate a good whirlwind ability. Probably just go circle 2 to keep using swords as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

• Locked thread