Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol what is this mess of a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is what I am thinking

I am loving retarded

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/wwlxq43psi/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

been leveling up with friends, it goes fast

careful with some dialog options that launch boss events. If someone is not on that step, they don't enter and can't enter.

we are about level 26 and the game armps up in difficulty since there are npcs with quests that don't show up on the map

once you finish the mines talk to everyone you come across

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes. Lets go gently caress each other.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've been dumping spirit into my swordsman

gotta spam stuff mang

also stuffed all my boss cards into each other and lost it in a card game

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the experience curve has a hell level

http://www.tosbase.com/game/exp-tables/base/

go look at level 46 and 47

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

barbarian is just a better highlander and it is laugho

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Did someone get my good friend drinkfist a key?

I want to see him install the game and bail on it after 10 levels yelling this game is poo poo over and over again in mumble.

All he wants is a chronomancer in a game somewhere something

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am very jealous of a pelt I saw grab most of the mobs in a room and drag them to their selves

then I laughed my rear end off since they couldn't kill them without help

I want to do a pelt for grinding or boss runs but I also do not want to do grinding or boss runs

Hoplite just looks more fun, but you should get both so you can throw your spear and shield and have no weapons for like 12 seconds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This game has some neat classes that are made obsolete since they seemed to have removed grinding.

Also swordsman has only two or three ways to go that are good.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

korean tree of savior is so much better

http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/skill/dragging_death

cataphracts get a ability to drag people behind them

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

there are very few times I'd recommend circle 2 swordsman and spears or fencer are the only times I might recommend it

the 20 or 25 percent change to stun targets on hits really help on the health issue

the other thing to do is just have enough damage to not take much damage

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

overkilling mobs gives more exp

lol

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I went swordsman, pelt, hoplite, and the aoe is a god send as well as the block ability.

Too bad there are only two ways that I can see to get block.

It also looks like if you want a good crit build, due to how the stat system works and the simple crit equations, you need a lot of dex which can only be done at high levels or you need to pick up hoplite for finestra.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The crit formual is your critical rating minus their critical resistance and that is your percent chance to crit. There may be a cap on that, but I don't know.

So lets take a level 49 boss.
http://www.tosbase.com/database/monsters/47323/
Crit resistance 34

A 49 monster
http://www.tosbase.com/database/monsters/57030/
Crit resistance 19

At level 50, we have something like 49 stat points
Add in your base stat points for your class, 6 for swordsmen, 9 for archers
Stats gain bonus points as you rank up, more as you get higher up. So they get +1 bonus every 5 points while below 50. Then it is +1 for every 4 points for the next 100 points.

1 ~ 50 total stats Bonus every 5th stat point
51 ~ 150 total stats Bonus every 4th stat point
151 ~ 300 total stats Bonus every 3rd stat point
301 ~ 500 total stats Bonus every 2nd stat point
500+ total stats Bonus every stat point

If you had 59 points in dex, you would get 59 crit rating. That would mean 59-19=40% chance to crit on that monster and 59-34=25% chance to crit on the boss.
You would also have way less damage and crit bonus damage from a lack of strength.

So the higher level you get, the easier it may be to do a stat build.

For reference
158 boss
http://www.tosbase.com/database/monsters/41367/
Crit resistance 70

149 monster
http://www.tosbase.com/database/monsters/11123
Crit resistance 57

By this time you have 150 stat points or so and can be getting a larger bonus
Crit damage is 1.5 your normal damage then plus the crit damage stat.
Pure strength goes a long way at the start and later on you can respec into dex for crit builds. It looks like you mainly need dex for accuracy at lower levels.
This is why finestra is so good, it adds 10 crit chance per rank.
This is also a reason why gung ho isn't so bad, the bonus damage is like missing strength.

Most of this information was pulled from this
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/guide-damage-formula/3541

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 1, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You need dex for accuracy but you probably won't get a high crit rate and good damage until like level 150 or higher and I don't plan to play that long.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I play with friends. Otherwise it is a poo poo solo spec. Highlander is way better if you plan to be solo often.

You will respec to get more buffs as you go along and drop your swordsman attack skills.

But when it comes to bosses, I am watching sword/ highlander/barb players just die or have issues at level 75 and waiting for groups while I am able to just deal with anything without magic just by blocking. I solo the boss but it takes forever.

While blocking, my physical defense goes from 131 to 196 and block goes from 98 to 586. It is free, no spirit, and can be maintained unless knocked around.

I still need to train the evasion and max hp bonus for the guardian buff. Generally though I just have gung ho and finestra on. I really need to train gung ho a lot more.

I plan on going cataphract soon for even more goofy spear stuff.

EDIT:
Going highlander for the two hander bonus is nice and I didn't know if it would work with two handed spears, so I skipped it for cataphract. If it works, it is the better path unless you want to be able to block at times. The only ways to get that is roderlero or peltasta.

The only other reason to get peltasta is the aoe taunt which makes barbarian a whole lot more fun.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 1, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I like cross guard, I really do. I tried it out, noticed it was a skill, and as such will bug out like other longer skills with the current server situation.

How that priest class can't summon statues since they just disappear or hoplite can't do a charge attack since the game changes the target randomly.

If it was an actual block it would be way better. Or didn't cost SP.

EDIT: at the same time, barbarian pretty much does everything highlander does, except the crit, and with a better aoe. You can even use a shield with them but why would you.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I mostly ignored the mobs that link things together as a swordsman. If I am feeling nice and someone else got linked to me, I block for a bit.

But now I got a pet and I just realized that the npcs will link the pet to a friendly player and they will get a lot of damage from my pet being a low level.

I am enjoying this a lot since I can still block through it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

if you need to respec, both skill and stat respec scrolls are 5 icoins at the south npc in town. The item merchant I believe

you also get icoins for cheevos and you can get those from the feather icoin npc in the east part of town

you get a lot of icoins

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

yah and it is loving halarious

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've seen at least 4 zones by level 76 that were off the main quest chain and had quests in them. I bet I have missed a few too.

I really just want to get cataphract and call it a day, but it is taking so god drat long I don't think I can do it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am finally a catarack

they also give you a free pet when you get it

rip EmergencyRations

Also all of my abilities work on it so that seems good.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I only have the one skill point at the moment and I put it in impaler, where I can pick up enemies. It is a rather useless skill unless you have earth wave as it locks you out of anything but movement, block, and possibly the other cataphract skills like earth wave.

I have been picking up mobs and bringing them to wizard fire balls though. That is kinda funny.

The tool tips are still pretty low damage but that is what I was expecting. They match the tos data base exactly. I think I may not use impaler much and just go with the other three skills.

Mounting up actually adds stats, they seem to not be based off of the pet stats as leveling them up had no effect. I may be wrong on that.

Health went from 8500 to 9210
Gained 5 physical defense, 8 evasion, and 4 speed. You can not sprint while on the mount. Sprint speed is slightly faster, but with trot it would be ok.

Earth wave may be good on bosses, and I'll respec in a bit and go try that out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

pretty much

Hoplite gets you one or two nice moves and access to spears which the entire class is based around fighting larger things than you and you get a nice bonus to that

My hasta is +2 so it is 77-92(+12) but gets a bonus 17 on medium targets and 34 on large targets. Also 5 more attack range. It is a nice boost on larger targets but not great. Two handed spears don't get that bonus, just get a longer reach. There are no two handed spears easily available until about level 100 besides the one in town. And that guy is 107-144 damage with 10 reach instead of 5. No other bonuses on most two handed spears that are unique to spears it looks like.

Stabbing and pierce really do help out a lot, but hoplite two makes pierce better where it can hit 4 times on bosses instead of 3. On a medium creature it does about 1000-1400 damage total from two hits but the long cool down sucks. Stabbing ends up doing way more damage though since it hits like 10 or 15 times for like 350 each. If the cool down on that was lower, it would be fine.

I have no idea if synchro thrusting has ever done bonus attack from counter attacks, but part of its damage is based on your shield, so it should scale well into higher levels.

Here is earth wave.

It doesn't seem to bad on a 30 second cool down. I do like steed charge being on a 15 second cool down though.

edit: earth wave with the lovely two handed dunkel spear is 1000.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 2, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Forgot, two handed spears get one thing from cataphract passives. Up to 40% bonus shield penetration.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

from 4chan

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

There is a 2h spear that hits large enemies 3 times per swing. http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/251103/

Hoplite and thamaturge probably go together nicely, with tham having a buff that increases monster size and hp/rewards.

That looks nice, but gently caress a level 100 zone. Not doing that yet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I was wrong about the cataphract skill impaler. You can use it again even though it is dark and on cool down tos lam the enemy into the ground. It also uses SP almost every time you press it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

just because it is funny

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

just wear plate you don't lose a whole lot

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

that seems right and it isn't a bad system at all

it does prevent flipping on the market to an extent which is a good thing

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

trip report on that trident two handed spear

it says hits large monsters three times, and it does, for the sum damage of one time

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

yah that is the only reason to use it

that or if you went C2 swordsman for that sweet sweet stun

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Corea

So I did the second dungeon as a tank, and by tank I mean if you picked up 1 peltasta level you are a tank.

Cataphract really does help out since you can run faster, but it looks like the thing I need the most is more hp and more magic resistance since the only thing that gets past my shield is magic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/wAH2rR7.gifv

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I think when this game goes live I am going to make a circle 3 hoplite crit build

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Thenk you for your service but I didn't order a word salad

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I can't find anything backing that up.

I can find information that the korean beta test is at a much higher rate than ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

uh hoplites own

• Locked thread