Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Biowarfare posted:

22 december

tos.nexon.com

it begins

Will that be something playable for westerners or are we just gonna get a glut of information out of people playing the korean cbt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Crateria posted:

omgosh yes. And the art director is so incredible I love her art style. :allears:

Her website :)

Oh man, I forgot Granada Espada was a game that existed. I wish more kmmos would have expanded on the having a party for a character idea.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I think it depends on just how early the stage of beta it's in. It could be the beginning of balance changes, and maybe they won't be lovely about balance like such notable MMOs as: every mmo released in recent history.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Arzachel posted:

You know that menu interaction is done with the mouse, right?

There's nothing better than having to keep switching controls between actually playing the game and menus. Being inconvenienced is the epitome of the mmo experience, I guess.

Sorry, but he's right. Not having mouse controls is very loving strange. The fact that the devs "couldn't make it work" is also very loving strange.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

cathead posted:

You guys do realize if there's keyboard control you can pretty easily map it to a controller with Joy2Key or something like that, if for whatever reason they don't implement controller support. People do it in DFO all the time.

I mean it's not a mouse but if keyboard control REALLY bothers you then it's an alternative.

Is it really that hard to understand why it's so weird that there's no mouse controls? Is this the twilight zone?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Does diablo have strafing? Like can you shoot at a monster while moving in different directions. Cause if you cant then there goes 1/4 of the classes in the game because everything stemming from archers need that. Most of the classes stemming from mages also have mechanics that are completely unwieldy with a mouse, like the ball abilities that need players to face in a particular direction to hit it in that angle. Things like the formation abilities from one of the warrior classes would also be entirely unwieldy with a mouse.

Honestly the problem is that you are looking at it like an ARPG and not something like a mana or zelda.

How do you strafe with the controls they've shown, then? Strafing would require movement with wasd or arrow keys or something and then facing with the mouse. The controls they've shown are up, down, left, right, and z and x for attacking. You can't strafe with that. I don't remember being able to strafe in zelda, either.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You can lock into enemies with an archer class.

Look at the classes and the gameplay and say "Yes this is a diablo like"

Nice way to load your question. I've already seen all of the videos for it, because believe it or not I want to play this game too, and I assumed that the mouse is involved somewhere. Like, archer wouldn't have to lock on if you used the mouse to face and moved with wasd. Is it really so hard to understand why someone would assume that and be confused by it not being that way?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So you though the mouse was for facing/probably 2 attacks max right? Not like an arpg where you move and attack by clicking poo poo?

I'll answer with a question: in which way is this game not an ARPG? I'll give you a hint, ARPG =/= diablolike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

GlenQuagmire posted:

Looks like they've managed to implement support for gamepads, which is nice to see.

Please don't mention control schemes, you will trigger me.

• Locked thread