Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
So was the Templar thing a joke, or do you legit need to be a Templar to start a guild?

I find this fascinating and amazing if it's true.

Also, I plan on playing full on support cleric -> Plague Doctor when the game releases. Who's looking for a leveling buddy?

I swear I have something knocking around between my ears, sometimes.

Anyone from the CBT/kOBT who wouldn't mind looking at a few builds I'm tossing around in the simulator?

Cheers fellow knerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Comrayn posted:

80 classes and not a single one that can summon bees to attack my enemies or otherwise use weaponized bees such as a bee canon. Why even bother?

Wugushi C3 lets you turn defeated enemies into weaponized beez when you defeat enemies.

See "Jincan Goo" in their C3 tree.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat, it feels like I really want to grind poo poo in a game right now but the game isn't out yet. IMC what are you doing, this week would have been great to release the game.

I'm sure someone is in Virginia right now smacking the servers with a baseball bat to get them ready for the hoard that will be descending upon them next Tuesday.

Also, whoa man I finally got around to catching up on this thread and man I missed a lot of ups and downs apparently. Was interesting seeing the evolution of the game and the elements that pissed people off / hyped people up though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 23, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
I've managed to narrow it down to Cleric or Archer.

Probably archer though. Seems more my jam. Plus, their alt costumes look cooler. Thinking of going fletcher and making arrows for years.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Someone post a cool mage build that includes Thaumaturge please.

Also a cool cleric build that, I don't know, does something. i've said in discord a few times that I hated having no heals in open beta so preferably something that can heal and also deal damage.

Also also just a build for any class that has really huge burst because I like doing a big number.

For burst, anything that goes Ranger->Ranger2->Ranger3-> __ -> Muskateer will give you all the big numbers you want. (400% + big numbers on head shot scale to ridiculous proportions.)

For cleric,

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9osfd594cy/

This is the druid build I was thinking of going with. Insane damage, good utility, good heals. I skipped Zalciai because the tiny magic damage boost didn't seem worth investing points in, and magic can't crit so it's purely party support other than the tiny magic damage boost.

You could probably work a way to put one point in it just for the option/augment. I'm too lazy to edit the build right now though.

I vehemently refuse to take points out of Daino, because I'm convinced it's the key to totally breaking the game in party content. Note, you don't get stoneskin in this build. However, every other cleric in existence will have this. And any champlains will be able to give it to you. And since you can support +16 buffs, you'll be able to hold it. :P

Instead of stoneskin, I went with the unconventional approach of Sterea Trofh + Melstis. It allows you to have a duration based safety zone (and you still have safety zone on top of it) so I find it a viable alternative to stone skin. I'm actually looking for ways to get more points into Melstis for extra duration. If anyone sees and refinements, let me know.

Edit: Found out Sterea is now considered a magic circle (before it just made grass glow) so it might not be affected by Melstis. It's still useful, but not as imperative.

For stats, it's 100% INT. Maybe some con if you plan on pvping. Though, you're better off going with Oracle instead of Druid if you plan on pvping. They get bonkers broken skills for it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 26, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Goobs posted:

Anything you guys who've played the tests would recommend to a new player to this type of MMO? Are all classes viable or are there certain builds you should be doing to be "good"?

Unless you care about end game pvp, or leveling efficiency, you don't need to really worry about optimal builds. Nothing in this game is really hard, it's just that some builds wade through the mobs faster than others.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Goobs posted:

So basically level whatever I think is fun then at end game get a skill tome or something from the store and re-spec for pvp stuff? seems alright.

If you want to end with some pvp, you'll probably at least want a rough character outline going in. You can't reselect your classes once you choose them. So you can reskill your chosen skills in those classes, but you can't change the class choices themselves.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Sacro posted:

The game is not about rushing to max level and being the top dps for raiding so pick cool classes that you want to play.

I wish more people seemed to get this point. There is really no end game in this, so why play something that isn't fun/cool even if it's slightly more efficient than the others? :confused:

There's so much cool class diversity, it's a pity 90% of the people playing will be going in with a "babies first korean build" approach.

I'll probably hop in discord on Monday and see what everyone is theory crafting though. I'm pretty much settled on 2 routes, but I'm having a hell of a time deciding which will be the most fun in the long run.

Lets all get :sludgepal: for the Tuesday morning release.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

People start to care about efficiency when the game was based around aoe grinding mobs for hours on end to get a single level. The exp curve is better but lol if they still don't have you doing this and you notice the guy next to you is 10 times better at it than you are.

From what I've read. The game has turned into a dungeon crawler where people login, do their dungeons, then log out because mob density isn't enough for AoE mob grinding to be viable anymore.

I hope this isn't terribly true still.

That said, I get where people are coming from with the efficiency builds. I wasn't mocking/poking at other's definitions of fun. I just think a lot of people will burn themselves out thinking "THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE GAME TO BE FUN" based on 99% of the posts in the game's main forum.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

LegalPad posted:

What happened since beta to make cryo a choice over pyro?

Ice Wall has all sorts of bullshit interactions that trivialize every boss in the game.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

orphean posted:

Clearly this is something that will never be patched out and we all should go 100% cryo to the goon :v:

I'll stick to my druid build, so all of our 20 Cryos can have 21 buffs on at once.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Goobs posted:

hey all decided that I wanted to go squire. is swordsmen --> swordsmen --> hoplite --> hoplite --> squire decent enough? will probably do squire again for c2. not sure what else after that

The general consensus is to never go squire unless you're becoming a templar or going 3 circles into squire. Because the second someone goes 3 ranks in squire, all c2 and c1 squires are negated in usefulness.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Scoss posted:

Is there a moneymaking/crafting profession that doesn't ruin your character?

Alchemist from what I read.

Nettle Soup posted:

I'm gonna have 4 other people to run around with and look after, I want to do the healy thing. What is the most useful build I can get for cleric+?

I tried this in the beta, discovered the krivis lightning spell and never looked back...

Cleric -> Cleric C2 -> Priest -> Priest C2 -> Priest C3 -> Whatever you want -> Plague Doctor

This is the typical busted support build, until they unbreak plague doctor from being comically broken.

Edit: Looks like they released the pre-load on steam so people can download a day 1 200 mb patch. It's happening! (also, servers aren't up yet. Not till 2am EST.)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 28, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Goobs, you're going to want to find a leveling bro, because things are gonna be SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW with that much in Pale Tasty Pasta.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Goobs posted:

Yeah exactly hopefully someone on here is on the same time i am. It was either tanky tankerson or was messing around with a Sapper build, traps are kewl.

I would have been a sapper, if the conceal spell didn't have such an idiotic cooldown.

You really only need one rank of Pale Tasty Pasta, since you only need 5 points in the taunt to be a good tank forever lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
http://strawpoll.me/7210845

Go goons go.

• Locked thread