Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

diarmuidqq posted:

How do you get into the localization effort? It would be a shame if it turned out crap and I could probably help.

The github project for it is here. You can also change anything translatable locally on your client too, at any time, while you're playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

Okay, if nothing else, their real-time updating is super cool and even more advanced that some of the rapid-prototyping technology I've used in some games in the past, which is still leagues ahead of what most of the industry still insists on doing.

That and their move to steam is pretty insane, in a good way. Just staying hopeful that the game itself will be fun long term.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

GlenQuagmire posted:

http://tos.nexon.com/events/20150723/index.aspx

CBT 3 is happening in 7 days! I don't know about calling this one a closed beta, since the first thing it says is that "anyone who applies will be accepted". I suppose it's "closed" in the sense that they're wiping the server after the test.
So, if anyone is curious about the game and happens to have a korean nexon account, now would be a good time to apply! Signups are from now until the 28th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf52s_kNDiY

E: included preview video
PVP and card dueling!? :getin:

Don't you still need a valid Korean ID to register?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

No key for me either, time to live vicariously through you guys streaming

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

pertinent posted:

Okay so when you're enchanting items, up to +5 is just buy the anvil item and enchant away. Above +5 you have a chance of failing. If you fail, it eats a Potential point (items have potential points) and resets it to rank 0. Expect +6 and above to get expensive real fast.

Wouldn't be an asian MMO without this (+5 for "free" is super generous)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

pertinent posted:

Free as in it still costs a good deal of money to get up there, but yeah. Usually it's only +3 or so. But on the other hand I have no idea what the maximum is. There could be many, many levels of failure to go through. Introducing cash shop item Auto-Enchanter Mk.IX?

I want to know who it will be that finds out about a maximum (without datamining) and how many resources they spent getting there.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Silento posted:

I thought they said it was there to stymie bots, but if you can just buy the potions then idk. :confused:

I thought so too, but wouldn't they just code them to attack crystals? Isn't the stamina replenish off of them area wide? Thought I saw that in the cbt2 stream

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Relaxodon posted:

drat, not among them again. A question for those who are playing: What activities are there except for pure grinding? Grinding is alright if it is a means to an end.

There are achievements to do that give rewards like hair colour etc, the cards that drop ingame have a cardgame attached to them. That's from what I've seen

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

QuantaStarFire posted:

:stare:

This worries me considering how grindy most Korean MMOs tend to be.

A part of me thinks they meant the grind was too much "for the length of this CBT" in terms of actually reaching the high end classes. I don't mind a grind without a time limit.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

If you're one of the few that got a key at the start of iCBT, you might have gotten another one if you link your steam on the ToS main site.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

i had a key and played the game, its good and fun. unfortunately i learned they want xigncode3 as their anticheat so i wont be playing :(

Explain for us not in the know, please?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Well that sucks, but... I don't think I could boycott ToS :(

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

pertinent posted:

The more people you have the more exp monsters give, but it's of course split between players. Still better than soloing though. Unless you're a tank and can kill your entire pull by yourself, then people wanting to "help out" just end up sucking your tit.

LF tank with a big tit to suck on for next beta!

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Thanks for the key Silento!

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

QuantaStarFire posted:

Good OP. Also, I didn't realize that class selection locked you out of the others, so that's good to know.

Yeah class selection can be a bit daunting, here's something I found to maybe help you figure it out:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You are locked into your class decisions right?

Yes, they warn you beforehand iirc

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

It's all Silento's fault!

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Yessssssssssssssss, let's do this

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

hubris.height posted:

someones gotta make a channel in cts but i'm all set up to get in on this

yeah I don't want to end up in Tree of Life again and have goons laugh at me :(

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Jehuti posted:

Friend told me about this game yesterday and I went to check it out but I guess I've missed signing up for the beta? No other way to get in right?

rip if so, the game looks pretty great.

Once the keys are being given out, come hang out in the IRC. With luck some goons might have gotten multiple keys and will give some away.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Countblanc posted:

let's play on Gabija, because it's closer to me and presumably more people in general

same

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Godspeed to everyone signing up with their email to the site that got hacked not too long ago! Remember to check your emails real hard in case the fake site messages you.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Absurd Revolver posted:

I also learned that the Enchant Fire buff has synergy with the Cleric's Blessing spell, in that it causes the bonus damage to proc twice on everything. It turned our party into a machine of death.

Double that with Sacrament's holy and the Cafrisun set and you'd proc it 4 times a hit. Same with Concentrate, and Ranger steady aim (i think)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

So is there any way to get Potential back or are you just poo poo out of luck once it runs out? Being a linear improvement doesn't tell you anything about how important it is unless you know what the improvement is relative to the base stats either. It's hard NOT to be more completely hosed than DFO's system though :v:

(Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Equipment has x amount of potential. There is no way to regain this potential.

Potential is used for:
1) Trading (per trade -1, this includes selling/buying from market)
2) Failing an Upgrade
3) Adding socket and magic amulet (whatever that is...)
4) Alchemist skills Briquetting and Item Awakening

This makes equipment enhancing and overall gear upgrades a lot harder/rewarding. There won't be x amounts of perfectly crafted equipments being handed down forever, because this is the game's "true" item decay. Having said that, at 0 potential you can still use equipment to their full extent, you just can't do any of the above things.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

quote:

Hello. We are IMCGAMES TOS Team.
To accommodate more fans to the new server, we’ve been contacting Steam to obtain more keys and the keys have been just approved today.
The registration process will be the same as last time. You have to first log into our website and click on [Register for 2nd CBT] button which will be displayed on the top right corner of our website.
We are going to accept registrations from you until November 6th, 00:00 AM (EST).
Due to limited number of Beta Keys, we will select our testers by using a lucky draw method. The selected testers will receive the keys through their emails and they can also check their keys on our website by clicking on [Check your Beta Key] button from November 6th.
Thank you.
Please note that the registrants from the regions where we have our local publishers will be excluded the selection process. We recommend you to participate for the tests in your local regions.
Thank you

:getin:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

whalestory posted:

Carving statues is hit or miss as anything that touches you +- any server lag will interrupt your cast but trigger the cooldown and take your materials!!

or so i've heard

It's gotten a bit better now, it works alright in dungeons at least. Just be wary of any elevations, players, pets and ground effects (and enemies interrupting you)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Gibbo posted:

If only linked enemies actually shared debuffs.

Has anyone played around with monster gems yet? I kinda want to know how they scale when leveling them, because I'm half building around the ability to only take 1 rank of linker but still be able to get to skill 6+ in joint penalty through shenanigans.

You can't level them anymore, always +1 afaik

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah I just lost all interest in this game after reading that. Too bad. The potential was there.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Wind Tempest posted:

The fact you can enter another guild's building to vandalize and sabotage is hilarious. Each and every guild battle will start with someone's precious flower garden getting destroyed Just Cause 2/3 style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Sadhu's OOB autoattack is a triple strike magicattack, so it benefits a lot from INT. If you're OOB you can still technically cast spells but they will be cast on/in front of your mainbody, which is still vulnerable to attacks.

The main goon i know that tried out Sadhu to high levels actually took 3 in cleric, instead of Krivis, which might be a more obvious INT choice. It would definetely make leveling easier. Cleric 3 gives you more out of your safety zone, your main source of security for your fragile body. You'll be OOB a lot, so you probably want to keep your actual spells either as support or long CD/high impact.

Then again I haven't been paying attention to any changes since the last time i played...

• Locked thread