Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drium
Jun 24, 2015
I'd been watching and waiting for ToS for a while now, and man, that's a huge downer.

A founder-only server for 50$? Isn't it going to die as soon as F2P goes live? And 50$ is pretty expensive for a Ragnarok Online clone...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Seems like they're taking a poll to see whether people want 1 week, 1 month or 3 months of early access.

Unfortunately the game price isn't changing in function of that.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announcement-regarding-changes-in-plans/145592

Looks like the 1 month option adds a lot of goodies to the package though, like a companion and a stat/skill reset token, as well as 60 days of premium?

Drium fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 17, 2016

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
The game can now be downloaded on Steam, and the early access packs are for sale.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Silento posted:

Oops. Updated the header for now, new OP is done for now and will be posted closer to launch. Any ideas for thread titles?

Also, icbt2 accepted anyone who applied by a certain date! C'mon man!
Tree of Savor: Over 80 Flavors.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
My Steam ID is Moemura, go ahead and add me!

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Squire looks like a lot of fun, but it also looks like the sort of class that if you waste points in it, you're suddenly worthless in PvP and only useful in PvE if you're the only Squire around. How does that end up playing for those 'support' classes?

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
So out of curiosity, is anyone currently planning to roll Squire at all? I've heard it's a popular choice for guild leaders to go squire/squire/templar for their last three ranks.

I'm very very strongly considering something like a sword/sword/barb/barb/squire/squire/squire build, max out weapon enhancement, but if someone else is musing squire already it might be superfluous.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
RE: Squire.

Is it really that bad? I'd heard you could make a fortune with the weapon enhancement shop because everyone wants that buff on at all times.

Drium fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 25, 2016

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Alright Sacro, you seem like you're the build expert here.

What are decent PvP options that can still solo (aoe farm a bonus) decently well for either archer or swordsman? Since I assume we'll be doing guild vs guild I guess I want to plan ahead.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
I fall pretty neatly in the "derive fun from being efficient" category. Or, rather, "derive fun from being useful".

So for instance, if we're planning to guild vs guild, my personal satisfaction will be from helping us do that. That's not to say I don't enjoy vydia games for what they are, but I'm a very "think ahead" person.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

ellbent posted:

I'm going to play a Sadhu just because I want to kill slimes and rabbits with my Stand.
Only if you make a macro to spam MUDA MUDA MUDA.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
So is the game launching in six hours, or thirty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Sacro posted:

http://strawpoll.me/7207039

Please vote on server selection, if you have some different calculus to determine the best server do share.
I'd pick it based on letter.

'First server that starts with M, or first server that starts with a letter after M otherwise.' for example.

• Locked thread