Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I am very excited about Thaumaturgy and the swoling thereof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

He was pretty all right in Wushu.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ambivalent so far. I like the visual aesthetic and the character animations, as well as nostalgic hat collection.

My main issue with the game is that everything is on rails. Unlike Ragnarok Online, you can't just wander around to every city and get haplessly murdered by Orcs on giant-squarish maps while going there, progressing through each map actually requires you to run the gamut instead of being able to take shortcuts to get to where you want to go. There's also map spreads where the closest statue is two or three maps away so going back to town or taking care of something else can be a minor annoyance. It doesn't help that the first town is the only functional hub that you see for about a hundred levels and unlike Prontera, it isn't actually centrally located. On the other hand there's actual quests as you level up, unlike RO and also some sort of main quest about trees or something.

What I like about the game is the diverse class choices and combinations, but in reality that makes for somewhat frustrating planning and the realization that there's only one or two paths to not be considered building terribly. Poor life decisions such as Cryo C2 come to mind. I'm also not a fan of potential being reduced on items when they're traded and no way to give your alts drops you find without reducing their potential. Also, like Drinkfist said, boss fights are plodding and forgettable so far. Alchemy looks cool though.

tl;dr: Lots of things wrong with the game and the bad outweighs the good, but it could maybe be better if they stopped punishing players for doing normal MMO things. Will probably still try it on launch.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I don't disagree with anything you said, but IIRC Warp Scrolls allow you to teleport to town to go do something and then teleport back to Previous Warp, right?

Yeah, that's why it's a minor annoyance instead of a major inconvenience.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Dievdirbys is a very cool class.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

No beggars to vomit alcohol on everyone in Luoyang.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Oh come on, no alpaca mount?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I just want to make drugs and roast gems.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Item World is but a stepping stone on the path to AFK shop.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Something about gem roasting would be amicable.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Yikes. This seems like a pretty bad decision all around.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

One month is far more reasonable.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Musketeer looks really fashionable. Argh.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Cataphract is pretty cool because you can stab someone and take them away to eat.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

As far as I know, no one on Discord has said a thing about Squire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fadam posted:

What are the tightest ranger builds?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#31444bbb.154555.1f354f6575.1f4f5a65 This is pretty all right. Provided that you want to go into Fletcher to stay exclusively bow. If not, you have some wiggle room in taking more circles of archer for kneeling shot and swift step or doing something else completely.

• Locked thread