Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How is the founder server gonna work in regard to people from different regions? Since I'll probably end up playing on the Brazilian server, the current system doesn't mean much to me, is it NA only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are good Swordsman DPS Builds? Is Dragoon viable? If so, is Cataphract > Dragoon good or is it a newbie trap and there is a better solution?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

auzuguwu posted:

Tree of Savior: The #1 Selling Game in Brazil

I can confirm that everyone is going to play ToS. It's the first game I see unite everyone in this country since... well, Ragnarok Online.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gibbo posted:

Do Brazilians like cute things?

What is it about RO, gunbound, and now tos that attracts huge numbers from your country?

I don't know much about gunbound. In RO's case it's because it was at the time the best MMO that arrived here. At the time MMOs were getting popular here and paid MMOs were not easy to access. I remember WoW, which came out many years later, to be a chore - most places did not accept our local credit cards and you had to buy the game on eBay and wait 1-5 months for it to be cleared. I bought WoW as soon as it was out and only got to play around the time patch 1.3 was released. So in 2001 when RO's Beta was out there was basically no paid MMO available even if you wanted to pay, people mostly played private UO shards and jumped from bad free MMO to bad free MMO.

Since RO was the first MMO to gain any real traction here among MMO enthusiasts, it was the first MMO to be effectively brought to Brazil with a local server. After that happened a lot of non-enthusiasts got into it. RO being the only game at the time with a local server was massive, it attracted many different crowds. It had probably the weirdest MMO subculture I've ever seen too, by quite a large margin.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 21, 2016

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Dex useful at all to melee builds? Unless I'm missing like a crit buff or something, the Crit Rate gained from Dex seems really low compared to the raw damage you get from Str.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does attack speed behave in this game? Are all the weapons the same attack speed? I couldn't find information about it anywhere.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

I wish more people seemed to get this point. There is really no end game in this, so why play something that isn't fun/cool even if it's slightly more efficient than the others? :confused:

Some people specifically derive fun in being more efficient, like they're more interested in the meta game than the game itself. I'd say most people fall somewhere in-between because no one wants to play something terribly inefficient. No matter how much you like a class archetype it's not going to be fun hitting a brick wall where you can't do anything by yourself and no group wants you either, so people who are not familiar with the game like me want to make sure we aren't falling into a trap with our class choice.

Some games are well balanced to make everything viable and some games punish you super hard for not knowing the meta beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Orsha is a good name guys.

• Locked thread