Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Baldbeard posted:

The issue for me was that unconventional builds, or even many 'conventional' PVP builds added many hundreds of hours onto your leveling time as opposed to a strictly PVE build. Like, at the end of the day you still have to kill 4000 of X mob for that level, and doing it with a build that is not optimized for the task is torturous.

Man I remember when the 2nd classes came out in Beta 2 and people were met with the crushing realization that their level 70+ merchants that they've been using as Vit/Str/Agi characters would never be able to craft anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gotta use those 4[s]

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

What am I looking at here, a leaderboard for each monster and the times they've been killed?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

whalestory posted:

goons sans frontieres

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
can't wait to play this pile with old RO people and reminisce about the time there was a suicide in our vent

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

One of our players in Europe shot himself over vent and apparently had left voice chat on because not only could you hear everything, but the next morning you could hear the ambulance drivers talking about him as they took him away (iirc it was in Sweden, and they were calling him a no life loser). It was incredibly haunting and I can still remember it vividly to this day

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i also remember how Zaki wanted to strip their character and give their gear out to the guild because he's an epic psychogamer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

:sludgepal:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
let's play on Lamia, because it's closer to me and presumably more people in general

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you hate anime *spits chewing tobacco on ground* we're gonna have some problems

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

forge posted:

We need to play on the middle server in the list. Most people will pick the first or last. If we don't want to be iceskating the whole time pick the second option.

Edit: also if your not in slack your vote doesn't count!

link

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hachi machi !!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
no one who actually says "waifu" is a true anime fan, its like that comic about the mangaka trying to learn how to properly use "moe" for her comic and all the otaku are like "it basically means cute but no one actually says that except for people trying to make fun of anime"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also see: senpai meme

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Essence was 05/06 i think, because I remember playing with people my freshman year of college

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
someone better fl*ppin give interrodactyl and dash keys or I'm gonna bop every last one of ya

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Arzachel posted:

Here's a list of trap skills/dumb poo poo I picked up when digging through the official forums to sate my sperg, feel free to add or correct anything.

Wizard:
-Energy Bolt and Earthquake mana cost scales up way too fast with extra points and the damage is poo poo. Leave at 1 or 3 if you absolutely want the attributes for some reason.
-Surecast is way less useful than the RO counterpart because the majority of skills are instant cast and because the wizard class is really bad at actually killing things, why would you subject yourself to more of that? Might be used for some mlg 360 pvp builds but should generally be avoided.
-Quickcast see Surecast.

Cryo:
-Ice Blast had no cooldown and didn't have a chance to unfreeze in the previous beta, then they nerfed it a bunch and didn't change the damage so it's extremely bad now.

Pyro:
-Flare see Ice Blast.
-Enchant Fire is bad but maybe worth a point for the attribute, idk.
-Fire Wall isn't amazing, but you might as well dump extra points in it after getting 5 in Fireball and Flame Ground, if you aren't going to go for c2.

Psychokino:
-Teleport has a cast time and the direction is only random if you don't hold down a direction when it casts.

Elementalist:
-Prominence has randomized wander and is more likely to gently caress off in some random direction than kill the pack you cast it on. The reduced wander radius attribute doesn't really help.
-Petrify reduces damage the mob takes to 1/10.

Chronomancer:
-Reincarnate doesn't work on bosses

Necromancer/Sorcerer:
-Pet AI kinda sucks right now.

Swordsman:
-Gung Ho is sweet early on but falls off later unless you invest in the attribute because you're limited to 5 buff slots unless you party with a Krivis.
-Concentrate is rear end currently. Less damage than Gung Ho unless you buy a bunch of levels in it's attribute and you run out in a couple of swings if you hit more than one mob because every damage instance uses a charge. Priest's Blessing had the same issue earlier but imc buffed the charge count massively.
-Pain Barrier doesn't resist a bunch of cc effects and scales very poorly with levels but probably worth getting a single point.
-Pommel Beat and Double Slash are bad even when procing the extra damage on stunned/bleeding mobs.

Peltasta:
-Guardian is really bad since you lose out on Gung Ho, defense is flat reduction and the damage penalty scales faster than the defense buff, but with the attribute giving +18% to your evasion stat, it might be worth getting a single point? I'll try it for my build.
-High Guard gives 240 block at 15 but you can get way over 1000 without it later in the game. I'm not sure whether the attack reduction applies to your total damage or just the Attack stat and 330% stronger Umbo Blow and Rim Blow might look tempting, but -100 crit reduction is about 40% worth of crit so it looks kind of rear end especially for the point investment needed.

Barbarian:
-Embowel, Stomping Kick and Giant Swing are left over unchanged from older builds when barbs still had some insane self buffs which got removed so get Cleave, Helm Chopper and Seism instead.

Rodelero:
-All your c1 skills get good cc effects but damage scales like rear end for everything except Montanto and Targe Smash.

Hoplite:
-Stabbing might look weak but it hits 20 loving times, but you probably need a setup to get all those hits onto mobs. Pretty much the defining Hoplite ability.
-Long Stride has a cast time, people generally only get a single point in it I think.

Catapract:
-You're limited in what skills you can use while mounted. Don't know much about them tbh, go bother Silento.

Doppelsoeldner:
-Punish requires knockdown
-Not sure whether Deeds of Valor increases total outgoing damage or just the Attack stat and whether it procs on block/evade.

Cleric:
-Clerics are pretty decent for a base class, but c2 and c3 skills are kinda lackluster.
-Heal scales much better with the target's hp than int if you use it for the healing so stacking int isn't mandatory for a support build.
-Cure has poo poo base damage, limited charges and the tick rate attribute is gated behind c2. One point is good but not worth more unless you're stacking int.
-Safety Zone is good but the range on it is very small
-Divine Might is bad, you get +1 to the skill level of your 1-10 next skills depending on the level.

Krivis:
-Aukuras is not very good. Your hp regen ticks every 20 secs in combat so ~100 hp every 17-13 seconds is bad and doesn't get much better with the paladin regen skill. Might be used to quickly regen hp out of combat but that's a very marginal niche when you're already straped for points because the rest of your kit is amazing.
-Melstis is weird, you channel for up to 20 sec and drains 5% mana/sec to create an area that freezes the timer on every buff and debuff. Doesn't seem like extra points after the first change anything.
-Don't put just a single point in Daino, because it takes up a buff slot itself.

Priest:
-Aspersion is really good due to the % def buff.
-Monstrance dex buff is 16 dex iirc and doesn't scale with extra points
-Blessing procs the damage and uses a charge on every mob hit and on extra damage instances from elemental damage buffs (see Sacrament).
-There doesn't seem to be a death penalty besides gear durability so Resurection doesn't seem as useful as it could be but still probably nice to have.
-Sacrement is pretty bad, but a point is useful to proc extra Blessing charges because elemental buffs apply their damage as a seperate hit.
-Revive is a self cast soulstone.
-Mass Heal scales well with your hp pool.
-Exorcise is bad, the damage isn't amazing and range is small.
-Stone skin is good but doesn't work on party members that aren't wearing a shield.

I'll do cleric a bit later and I don't really know much about archers beyond that it's actually worth getting c2 and/or c3 in their base class wow!

It sounds like everything is bad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So what early skills are actually worth taking as a Swordsman? I'm shooting for Hoplite and eventually Squire probably (may do something else for beta idk), but apparently most of the swordsman options are bunk

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's only been 12 hours and I already feel super behind. Is this the fate of Temmie Countblanc??

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
bosses at low levels have way too much health since auto attacks do piss damage and you dont have the SP or skills to do much else yet. otherwise game is cool when you can actually talk to npcs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Anyone have thoughts on going c1 pelt > c2 hoplite vs. c3 pelt? I'm close to circle 3 and have no idea. Probably hop since pelt still takes forever on bosses?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Pelt is fine for Fencer, the evasion attribute is really nice and having a taunt gives you some good utility. Not like you're hurting for damage options with Fencer. Highlander would definitely level faster though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Horizontal Tree posted:

Yeah really this, but Archer C2 is good cause Quick Step 100% uptime at level 10, and an attribute to get yourself +25 crit rate with it..

Can anyone confirm about Fencer using spear skills? I was gonna go Sword > Pelt > Barb 3 > Fencer, but is hoplite actually good? Whats it like

Hoplite shreds bosses with Stabbing, especially compared to Pelt's arduous boss kill speed. I can't speak on more than that though. My only annoyance with it so far is how lag seems to gently caress with Stabbing a lot and you'll only get a fraction of the number of attacks you were supposed to.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Repair for squires seems like a really poorly thought out skill. Not only does it pair poorly with the other repair skills (it fills in gaps but I assume you can't have multiple repair shops open at a time anyway), but it also leads to less business in the first place. Repairing gear above the threshold means people will need repairs less often so you have fewer customers. I guess the advantage is that you can camp by the repair npcs and offer a superior service, but this could have been accomplished with some sort of buff without the loss of business.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eonwe posted:

everyone, we are posting in a kmmo thread, we are all absolutely terrible

I'm badass

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wqhats the deal with the "hidden" classes in that pic from last page

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Someone post a cool mage build that includes Thaumaturge please.

Also a cool cleric build that, I don't know, does something. i've said in discord a few times that I hated having no heals in open beta so preferably something that can heal and also deal damage.

Also also just a build for any class that has really huge burst because I like doing a big number.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sacro posted:

Wildcard option Cleric - Priest 2 - Sadhu 3 - Plague Doctor

What does Sadhu even do? Like, I understand what its skills do, but they seem like, to not synergize with anyything. What stats do they even want?

also thank you both for the suggestions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Luceid posted:

i can't wait to throw down ten bucks and re-experience the early levels of battle-acolyte leveling in a new game and new world. god bless us all, each and every one

godspeed gamer. i havent decided if i want to play thaumaturge mage, fletcher archer, or some flavor of swordsman yet. why does squire have to suck so bad, the sprite is good

• Locked thread