Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

Automatic Retard posted:

I've had all the work done by Walkinshaw Performance FormulaTech so far...

Hmm, if I had to chose a workshop with the worst reputation in WA this would be close to the top. I feel like an idiot talking about workshop reputations and all, but I've seen many people have nothing but trouble from FormulaTech.

That said, if you're getting results that you're happy with keep it up. But as everyone says, find out what the cam is and that should at least get you on your way to an answer.

Are you sticking to straight line stuff or are you interested in getting up to Barbagallo for a No Limits track day/night?

Also, that 32R that went 306kmh is insane hey, fast as a Bugatti Veyron on a dusty airstrip!?

Dinosorcerer fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pazrs
Mar 27, 2005

Dinosorcerer posted:

Also, that 32R that went 306kmh is insane hey, fast as a Bugatti Veyron on a dusty airstrip!?

Steve Jones has big balls.

To the OP, it's your tune. I purchased a car (VY) with a FormulaTech tune and it would stall constantly and carry on. WA Performance re-tuned it and although it still stalled very occasionally, it was drastically better. It made about 400rwhp NA.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date
I have a turbocharged ZX-14 with nitrous that's a bit "twitchy", any tips to make it a little more streetable?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

A Melted Tarp posted:

I have a turbocharged ZX-14 with nitrous that's a bit "twitchy", any tips to make it a little more streetable?
Are you riding with a helmet? It's possibly blocking your hearing the engine note a little, stopping you getting quite as nuanced a feel as you need for smaller throttle openings (which is itself likely a factor in making it feel nervous on roll-on, try being a little more aggressive). You might want to get some mirrored shades to keep the wind out your eyes, though.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Sounds like your nitrous jets are too small ... Or you're not running enough pressure in the system.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date
Cool, thanks for the replies. Now I just need to sort out some high speed handling issues with my Lycoming LTS-101 powered go-cart.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Hey G8 buddy!

Any chance you can get the specs of the cam? It's probably way too big.

Guys here use the stock LS9 (Corvette ZR1) cam as an upgrade when they add a 1900 or 2300 blower.

Another thing you can do is add an aftermarket torque converter (stall converter, whatever you call them) with a 2800-3200 RPM stall speed. And that will make it drive better but it will also annihilate your tires.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Bob Morales posted:

Hey G8 buddy!

Any chance you can get the specs of the cam? It's probably way too big.

Guys here use the stock LS9 (Corvette ZR1) cam as an upgrade when they add a 1900 or 2300 blower.

Another thing you can do is add an aftermarket torque converter (stall converter, whatever you call them) with a 2800-3200 RPM stall speed. And that will make it drive better but it will also annihilate your tires.

I'm not positive, but I think he is running a manual trans. So a different converter is not a option for him.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Since we're sort of turning this into an LSx thread….

My Vette just decided to throw the P0420 code after I installed ARH headers with high flow cats and a new exhaust system on it. Likely cause 02 sensor or bad cat?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

JaySB posted:

My Vette just decided to throw the P0420 code after I installed ARH headers with high flow cats and a new exhaust system on it. Likely cause 02 sensor or bad cat?

Possibly just insufficient cat, at least for what the stock PCM is looking for. It's possible you could get it tuned to accept the new value, though that could cause complications depending on where you live and whether or not you have to deal with a sniffer test.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Fucknag posted:

Possibly just insufficient cat, at least for what the stock PCM is looking for. It's possible you could get it tuned to accept the new value, though that could cause complications depending on where you live and whether or not you have to deal with a sniffer test.

Well a tune is in order anyways before the blower and after. I'm not too worried about this whole passing smog thing.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Put anti foulers on the rear o2 sensors. Supposedly that works for when you use high flow cats on certain vehicles.

Way2slow
Sep 14, 2007

Not a Miata!

JaySB posted:

If you put headers on it (if they are anything more than shorties), you should get it tuned. You can have that code turned off with the tune, or just put 02 simulators in place of the second O2 sensors. Your first set of sensors are not causing this code to be thrown and should be left alone. To reiterate, it is your post cat O2 sensors you should just drop O2 simulators into.

Way2slow fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 17, 2014

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

Dinosorcerer posted:

Hmm, if I had to chose a workshop with the worst reputation in WA this would be close to the top. I feel like an idiot talking about workshop reputations and all, but I've seen many people have nothing but trouble from FormulaTech.

That said, if you're getting results that you're happy with keep it up. But as everyone says, find out what the cam is and that should at least get you on your way to an answer.

Are you sticking to straight line stuff or are you interested in getting up to Barbagallo for a No Limits track day/night?

I would love to hit Barbagallo up for some circuit racing.
How often does that sort of thing happen there? I've only gotten invites from HSV for track days there but I'm always working or drunk.

I just want to have fun with my car, I'm not willing to spend the necessary megabucks on getting it to be competetive in either drag or curcuit racing. I guess I just want more power for the sake of it, and also because every time I drive it I'm thinking "this thing needs more power" haha

Anyway, I recently lost my job cos I'm a retard, and all these plans are going to have to be put on hold till I get another one, but I reckon I'll go to Whoop rear end Wednesday tomorrow.

IOwnCalculus - can we change the thread title to an LSx megathread type thing please? I'm really amazed that there isn't one already.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
No Limits Events runs events there every month or so with a bit of a break over winter. They're the best way for your average punter to get out on the track. You will need a CAMS L2S licence to enter, though that is just a fee; you don't have to prove ability or anything. You can even apply and pay for it at the event.

They are very well run events catering to all skill and speed levels with instructors that will come out in the car with you and give you pointers (or even drive your car to show you what's what).

It's a friendly atmosphere and a hell of a lot of fun. Keep it out of the walls and what have you got to lose?

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks mate, thats an awesome website! I'll definately head there after winter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

How much power does an Over The Radiator air intake net you? I've heard/read anything from 30 or 40hp, to 40+kw.

I doubt that would be at the wheels though.

Will that get me over 600hp do you think?

Blown and cammed LS3 with exhaust mods making 560rwhp so far.

• Locked thread