Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Way2slow
Sep 14, 2007

Not a Miata!
Get someone who absolutely knows what they are doing tunewise for this application, and it will be resolved.
There have been tuners out there who can dial in everything but idle, and adjust idle by drilling holes in the throttle body. This isn't the right way to do it, and will cause the problems you describe, amongst others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Way2slow
Sep 14, 2007

Not a Miata!

Automatic Retard posted:

I'm seriously comsiderimg adding a centrifugal supercharger to it but I think they make the whole engine bay look ugly.

I know that the positive displacement blowers are good at compressing air, but really poo poo at actually sucking it in...
Maybe a small remote turbo? That'll give it more overall HP, but will it solve the everyday driveability issue?

I had a D1-SC powered LS1 that made 681 RWHP (mild blower cam, headers, ported heads, LS6 intake, bigger crank pulley (for the blower), smaller blower pulley, and it was fully built. I'm near 100% positive a GOOD tune will fix your issue. Some of the first tunes I had resulted in similar issues, and I found the guy had tuned WOT, and "fixed" idle by drilling holes in the TB plate to allow it to idle. This wasn't the right way, obviously, and I didn't find out until I went to resolve them.

A centrifugal blower won't fix the issue. My buddy with a LS1GTO had a maggie on it, and it had none of the problems you describe. The type of blower isn't your problem. In fact, a positive displacement blower should have even more down low than a turbo/centrifugal blower.

Way2slow
Sep 14, 2007

Not a Miata!

JaySB posted:

Since we're sort of turning this into an LSx thread….

My Vette just decided to throw the P0420 code after I installed ARH headers with high flow cats and a new exhaust system on it. Likely cause 02 sensor or bad cat?

If you put headers on it (if they are anything more than shorties), you should get it tuned. You can have that code turned off with the tune, or just put 02 simulators in place of the second O2 sensors. Your first set of sensors are not causing this code to be thrown and should be left alone. To reiterate, it is your post cat O2 sensors you should just drop O2 simulators into.

Way2slow fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 17, 2014

• Locked thread