Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
West Australia represent! I was at Racewars last year (R32 GTR), those 800m roll-ons are a bunch of fun aren't they.

Who was the tuner/workshop you used? The standard answer for V8 tuning in WA is WA Performance. Heaps of people swear by them. I would at least give them a call and have a chat to them about it. From what I hear there wouldn't be many people with a better reputation or more knowledge of these engines, in WA at least.

http://www.waperf.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

Automatic Retard posted:

I've had all the work done by Walkinshaw Performance FormulaTech so far...

Hmm, if I had to chose a workshop with the worst reputation in WA this would be close to the top. I feel like an idiot talking about workshop reputations and all, but I've seen many people have nothing but trouble from FormulaTech.

That said, if you're getting results that you're happy with keep it up. But as everyone says, find out what the cam is and that should at least get you on your way to an answer.

Are you sticking to straight line stuff or are you interested in getting up to Barbagallo for a No Limits track day/night?

Also, that 32R that went 306kmh is insane hey, fast as a Bugatti Veyron on a dusty airstrip!?

Dinosorcerer fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 7, 2014

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
No Limits Events runs events there every month or so with a bit of a break over winter. They're the best way for your average punter to get out on the track. You will need a CAMS L2S licence to enter, though that is just a fee; you don't have to prove ability or anything. You can even apply and pay for it at the event.

They are very well run events catering to all skill and speed levels with instructors that will come out in the car with you and give you pointers (or even drive your car to show you what's what).

It's a friendly atmosphere and a hell of a lot of fun. Keep it out of the walls and what have you got to lose?

• Locked thread