Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Even when the City fans were saying Dzeko was in poo poo form he was scoring winning goals for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Very not-legal.
Seems like you were right.

Burqa King posted:

Didn't know Ron atkinson posted here?
Well I couldn't ask on my official twitter account.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Thirteenth Step posted:

One more game against west ham /at home for plucky underdogs manchester City. Will they be able to win or will they fail (again, typical city :rolleyes: )

I see no reason to count chickens, and never claimed we were either plucky, or underdogs.

Spiller posted:

Even when the City fans were saying Dzeko was in poo poo form he was scoring winning goals for them

On Dzeko, noone ever claimed he doesn't score. But he does require 3 or 4 chances to score 1 which is massively frustrating, and when he's not in a purple patch, he barely breaks a sweat and makes no effort for the team.

Never the less, his form in the last month has been his best ever at City, and hopefully he can keep his effort levels where they are and retain his place alongside Aguero next season.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Never the less, his form in the last month has been his best ever at City

I wonder if there's anything happening over the summer that may have motivated him.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Thirteenth Step posted:

One more game against west ham /at home for plucky underdogs manchester City. Will they be able to win or will they fail (again, typical city :rolleyes: )

Lol when did you start hating us so much it's kinda embarrassing

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If West Ham can eek out a win it would be the most legendary thing ever.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

T Bowl posted:

If West Ham can eek out a win it would be the most legendary thing ever.

fyi we already did this when we gave Blackburn the title thanks to the greatest performance in Czechoslovakian history.

Sadly we fired Ludo as a coach when big sam took over so I'm not sure it'll happen but Adrian might just have one of his special games.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
To you, and luvd, because you're both the loving worst at this: if we acted like we expected the team to win everything before us you'd call us arrogant entitled cunts, but because we still remember the first couple of decades of supporting city everything still seems like the weirdest loving dream. Without having your own club plucked from decades of comical obscurity and catapulted into the elite it's impossible to comprehend.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

To you, and luvd, because you're both the loving worst at this: if we acted like we expected the team to win everything before us you'd call us arrogant entitled cunts, but because we still remember the first couple of decades of supporting city everything still seems like the weirdest loving dream. Without having your own club plucked from decades of comical obscurity and catapulted into the elite it's impossible to comprehend.

I think everyone's just freaked out that you've managed to avoid being drowned in plastics yet. A second title might start to speed up the process though.

If West Ham were made billionaires and bought, say, two world-class Argentina players, I'd probably become paranoid.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Butterfly Valley posted:

Tgulp I don't know how you've been around this forum for like 7 years and have failed to realize that everything is a catch 22 lol

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Spangly A posted:

fyi we already did this when we gave Blackburn the title

Fyi, you didn't win that game.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I do realise that tbp I'd just like to think some of the better posters could avoid blanket cliches thinly papering over jealousy

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Spangly A posted:

I think everyone's just freaked out that you've managed to avoid being drowned in plastics yet. A second title might start to speed up the process though.

If West Ham were made billionaires and bought, say, two world-class Argentina players, I'd probably become paranoid.

Big Sam would still start Nolan and Matt Taylor ahead of them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Butterfly Valley posted:

Nice meltdown about winning the league

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Butterfly Valley posted:

I do realise that tbp I'd just like to think some of the better posters could avoid blanket cliches thinly papering over jealousy

accusing posters of jealousy while complaining about blanket cliches hahaha

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

decades of comical obscurity

Oh please, you dropped down a couple of leagues and had some bad managers, you're not some sort of miracle resurrection story.

You're the incarnation of the death of football and anyone who by historical accident supports Manchester City should have the good grace to just be quiet about it.

Also, literal slave-owners.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I'm heading down to the Snark&Gloat for a black and tan

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Spangly A posted:

The modern plastic is a very savvy individual who knows that supporting the very winningest team will be frowned upon. Which is why there are so many Liverpool and Arsenal supporters.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blue Screen Error posted:

The modern plastic is a very savvy individual who knows that supporting the very winningest team will be frowned upon. Which is why there are so many Liverpool and Arsenal supporters.

I do think thats a thing but in real life here in cool USA there's way more Manchester United and Barcelonas then anyone one else I think City is gaining now surprisingly

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

fat gay nonce posted:

accusing posters of jealousy while complaining about blanket cliches hahaha

I didn't say everyone and I'm sure lots of people have many other reasons to hate us but I felt like in his case it probably came down to jealousy? Idk I'd be happy to argue with him about it and see what he says but from a city fan perspective having remembered how I felt before and after it does seem like straight up 'gently caress you for winning the lottery'

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

DickEmery posted:

Oh please, you dropped down a couple of leagues and had some bad managers, you're not some sort of miracle resurrection story.

You're the incarnation of the death of football and anyone who by historical accident supports Manchester City should have the good grace to just be quiet about it.

Also, literal slave-owners.

Ok let's all stop supporting our teams because football died years ago you go first

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

I didn't say everyone and I'm sure lots of people have many other reasons to hate us but I felt like in his case it probably came down to jealousy? Idk I'd be happy to argue with him about it and see what he says but from a city fan perspective having remembered how I felt before and after it does seem like straight up 'gently caress you for winning the lottery'

welcome to the #banterzone b!tch

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

tbp posted:

I do think thats a thing but in real life here in cool USA there's way more Manchester United and Barcelonas then anyone one else I think City is gaining now surprisingly

Thats true there were always people who supported Manchester United in order to compensate for some hideous personality flaw, given Party in the UAE maybe those people are choosing City now.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blue Screen Error posted:

Thats true there were always people who supported Manchester United in order to compensate for some hideous personality flaw, given Party in the UAE maybe those people are choosing City now.

I posted about it before but I got poo poo for Liverpool doing poorly two years ago by a guy who thought Ronaldo was still at Manchester United, and coincidentally that is who he supported

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

City didn't win the lottery. the lottery is ostensibly a charity that you know, helps people throughout England and the world. City accepted money from literal slave owners and then shat on all sensible financial limits to the extent that now any team that doesn't accept money from literal slave owners cannot possibly compet with them. City have also helped to strengthen the presence and influence of loving Qatar in the footballing world which is terrible for everyone on both a footballing and human level.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

excuse me lady posted:

Fyi, you didn't win that game.

neither did you

Big Andy gonna get some bitches this weekend. And by "some bitches", I mean Joe Hart.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Dickail Bulgeakov posted:

City didn't win the lottery. the lottery is ostensibly a charity that you know, helps people throughout England and the world. City accepted money from literal slave owners and then shat on all sensible financial limits to the extent that now any team that doesn't accept money from literal slave owners cannot possibly compet with them. City have also helped to strengthen the presence and influence of loving Qatar in the footballing world which is terrible for everyone on both a footballing and human level.

And your club would do it all in a loving heartbeat if it could

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

City are Abu Dhabi/UAE you daft twat, Qatar is Barcelona.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
*enthusiastically and emitting saliva* It jutht seems positively DWEAMlike that prince towelhead spebt a billion pounds on foreign players and managers against a backdrop of widening social inequality, guess you could say its pretty much a modern day fairytale but you know something? *takes hueg rip on inhaler* i won't let it change me

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

City are Abu Dhabi you daft twat, Qatar is Barcelona.

Also that, but to a guy that mad it's probably splitting hairs

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Butterfly Valley posted:

I am glad my club is owned by a local businessman who views the club as a way of giving back something to the town he grew up in.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Byolante posted:

I am glad my club is owned by a local businessman who views the club as a way of giving back something to the town he grew up in.

Why aren't they wearing locally sourced and manufactured kits and boots then? Why are they continuing the ruthless exploitation of the third world? Perpetuating slavery, for shame.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
A local businessman that made his money in the profoundly ethical gambling industry.

Football club owners have always mostly been scummy.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

to the extent that now any team that doesn't accept money from literal slave owners cannot possibly compet with them.

Yeah, before City got bought, loads of teams could challenge for the title, it was a total free for all.

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

probably. but if I then talked about my club's successes in a breathy diction on a public forum as if its some sort of quasi-cindarella story I'd accept that some people are going to call me a wanker, and wouldn't whine about it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Byolante posted:

Hahaha

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

probably. but if I then talked about my club's successes in a breathy diction on a public forum as if its some sort of quasi-cindarella story I'd accept that some people are going to call me a wanker, and wouldn't whine about it.

who's done that?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Why aren't they wearing locally sourced and manufactured kits and boots then? Why are they continuing the ruthless exploitation of the third world? Perpetuating slavery, for shame.

Until your club actively engages in slavery via unpaid internships you can gently caress off imo

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I'm sorry that you can't see the difference between interacting at arms length with dodgy third world businessmen, which is certainly still regrettable, and directly depending on slave owners for ALL of your income and contributing to their bid for the world's largest sporting competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Lots of sour grapes and racism about Manchester City's owners going on right now.

• Locked thread