Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Also I love that "drunk professor" is the adult equivalent of "witty wisdom from the mouths of babes." Like other stdhs in this thread feature a kid spouting some word to the wise that we should all take heed to because a child's mind is pure and untainted by political correctness, but it would b eunrealistic to place a child as the mouthpiece for this anthropological voice of reason. So we do the next best thing- in vino veritas, with the most revered, trustworthy figure possible- a professor of the subject matter.

After all, polygraphs measure what is objectively true rather than what the person in the chair happens to believe is true, right? So the same must be true for a drunk person! Liquor them up enough and they'll educate you about the universe and its mysteries.

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, this reads like it was written by a guy with no idea what he's talking about but who then attached the rant to a fictional, sexist yet somehow educated friend in an effort to both appear more convincing and hide behind an extra layer of subterfuge

Personally when my friends say lovely things, which happens kind of often, I argue with them, I don't just passively nod my head in agreement

I thought the guy posting it (well, the guy who wrote it to begin with, not hte person here who posted it in the thread) was doing so because he agreed with the sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

A drunken misogynistic academic is complaining about women and feminism? Yeah, that's poo poo that happens. Though honestly he's probably just a grad student instead of a tenured professor.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Worse than death for the men is the knowledge that their widows automatically get full custody. :smith:

Yeah let's poo poo on the 14 year old kids that historically got sent to war to die.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FAROOQ posted:

Yeah let's poo poo on the 14 year old kids that historically got sent to war to die.

Lol. You're slowly but surely becoming my favorite novelty account.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAROOQ posted:

I'm mostly trying to poo poo on common MRA tropes, but I'm sorry if my joke was in poor taste. :smith:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm mostly trying to poo poo on common MRA tropes, but I'm sorry if my joke was in poor taste. :smith:

No your post was good, Farooq is a butt who missed the point.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

flosofl posted:

Lol. You're slowly but surely becoming my favorite novelty account.

Don't encourage him, it makes him get lazy.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Makes her get lazy

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I hope this didn't happen.

vvvv: HA

cash crab has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Apr 11, 2016

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Totally false. A real French person would never learn another language to fluency.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

cash crab posted:

what the gently caress is a Keurig

Eponine posted:

Totally false. A real French person would never learn another language to fluency.

That's how I guessed it was stdh!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

what the gently caress is a Keurig

IIRC a very wasteful machine where you stick in tiny coffee pods that make single cups of coffee. My parents have one and my mom thinks I love it so she buys me cases of pods before I come over, when in reality I just drink lots of coffee. :( Just make me a regular pot of coffee.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Eponine posted:

:laugh: It's funny cause it's true.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I know a very small, very quiet French lady who speaks better English than me.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I know a very small, very quiet French lady who speaks better English than me.

She's probably actually Belgian or something. Maybe Swiss. Check to see if she bleeds money.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

She's probably actually Belgian or something. Maybe Swiss. Check to see if she bleeds money.

If money: Swiss. If mayo: Belgian.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Two epic tales of justice for your delectation:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

ibntumart posted:

Person A has never been to the gym. Person B has never had a girlfriend.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I love the idea of a treadmill going up to 50 mph. That's twice Usain Bolt's record-breaking speed.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It's almost like

Verisimilidude posted:

Person A has never been to the gym.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

I love the idea of a treadmill going up to 50 mph. That's twice Usain Bolt's record-breaking speed.

That's fast enough to keep an airplane on the ground!

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Verisimilidude posted:

welp, two sentences that perfectly pre-empt the need for any further comment on these two.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Leavemywife posted:

Sounds like they should anthropologize.

I appreciate this, but probably not for the reason you intended.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

hyperhazard posted:

that's just how leet their phone hacking skills are

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Verisimilidude posted:

Person B was never in the military either.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Person A has actually played far too much Watch Dogs.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

moosecow333 posted:

Person A has actually played far too much Watch Dogs.

You mean everyday objects /can't/ be controlled by having a phone and dressing like a hobo??

Fake edit: I assumed anyone writing that stdh already looked like a hobo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ibntumart posted:

Why didn't she just go all the way and hack into his cybernetic brain and disable his bowel control.

What an amateur phone hack :rolleyes:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Generally when women have their tires slashed and their car filled with mud and cowshit, the first person they suspect is an ex-boyfriend. It's generally pretty easy to narrow it down to which boyfriend was the craziest and most likely to do that (and have access to, like, a combat knife for slashing tires). Also women generally break relationships off through the mail or the like because, well, their boyfriend is crazy and they're legit afraid he'd stab them with the combat knife if they did it in person.

Also why the gently caress would the gym owner give you a 12-month subscription for loving up a guy and the treadmill? Generally it's the injured party who gets compensation.

e: generally

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Generally when women have their tires slashed and their car filled with mud and cowshit, the first person they suspect is an ex-boyfriend. It's generally pretty easy to narrow it down to which boyfriend was the craziest and most likely to do that (and have access to, like, a combat knife for slashing tires). Also women generally break relationships off through the mail or the like because, well, their boyfriend is crazy and they're legit afraid he'd stab them with the combat knife if they did it in person.

Also why the gently caress would the gym owner give you a 12-month subscription for loving up a guy and the treadmill? Generally it's the injured party who gets compensation.

e: generally

no, you see, he whislted at her.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I audibly groaned. Ugh

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

cash crab posted:

vvvv: HA

Ants infesting electronics is actually a thing, believe it or not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasberry_crazy_ant

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
If you Google "ants in Keurig" there are a few videos of same and lots of people complaining about it.

It is really hard to clean them thoroughly unless you are very persnickety about it, so I can imagine people making enough sugar bomb coffee pods and missing enough of the residue that it would attract ants.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Christo posted:

Ants infesting electronics is actually a thing, believe it or not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasberry_crazy_ant

quote:

If an ant is electrocuted, it can release an alarm pheromone in dying, which causes other ants to rush over and search for attackers. If a large enough number of ants collects, it may short out systems

:smith: OH NO

Also, gross! This extra turns me off of using my mom's Keurig as I am pretty sure it's only busted out when I am over.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

If you Google "ants in Keurig" there are a few videos of same and lots of people complaining about it.

It is really hard to clean them thoroughly unless you are very persnickety about it, so I can imagine people making enough sugar bomb coffee pods and missing enough of the residue that it would attract ants.

At my last workplace we had to get rid of the Keurig because it harbored German cockroaches. Same idea.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RNG posted:

At my last workplace we had to get rid of the Keurig because it harbored German cockroaches. Same idea.

Sounds to me like the roaches did you a solid.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RNG posted:

Goddamn illegal immigrants hiding in our small appliances :bahgawd:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fathis Munk posted:

Goddamn illegal immigrants hiding in our small appliances :bahgawd:

Someone should build a great wall through Germany, keep those roaches in line :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psutify
Oct 19, 2012
Does anyone have an old stdh that was a handwritten note from a neighbour complementing some guy on all his very loud and frequent sex-havings?

Just thinking about how much that didn't happen makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Locked thread