Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That's an old joke. Was he passing it off as his actual story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It's a Home Depot or lowes. They literally sell all the stuff you need to cut wood. And usually have it set up to see/demo.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The dumbest part of that one is that the windshield looks pretty clear?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Why? The reason being he told me was he didn't want to sign the back of his loving bank/credit card.

The stated reason for this is that if the card gets stolen, the thief has an easily accessible sample of your signature to learn how to fake. So to that guy it might have been logical to pull out his drivers license each time rather than whatever he perceived as the risk of signing the back of his card.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Slime posted:

A signature is worthless as a means of identification anyway. I've completely hosed it up and my bank has accepted it, and most of those screens you're meant to sign are so loving inaccurate that if you manage to get something that looks like something other than a child scribbling is a challenge.

Right no. I'm not defending it, merely explaining the reasoning behind it, even if it's faulty. I, personally, cannot wait until the chip thing the the UK has becomes prevalent over here.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Some Idiotic Website posted:

As with any story with minimal documentation (Ardentleprechaun’s pictures are currently floating at the top of Reddit.com), we’re going to assume, for the sake of storytelling, that Shane is a real person, and that these notes from -Management are real as well.

No, this is not how that works. God did these people never learn anything about sources?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
They probably weren't up early, but rather up late, and they didn't want their parents to know that they'd been up all night pooping in boxes and playing mmos.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Conal Cochran posted:

What is higher class fast food? Chick-fil-a? Starbucks?

Not even that.. it would be almost impossible for you to mistake the MASSIVELY AND INTENSELY BRANDED cup from another chain.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

duckmaster posted:

Genuine question: do American service staff actually talk like this? All these stories seem to feature an offensively condescending fast food worker on some kind of power trip, banging on about franchises and the moral issues surrounding free coffee.

I'm going to America soon and I don't want to go to land of condescending dickhead fast food workers so please tell me this is just STDH land :ohdear:

No, these are all the hackneyed tales written by people who think they're really clever writers.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is my favorite part.

Also he's driving drunk! What a hero!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dis posted:

"De-Alex Macking." If this wasn't a term before, I applaud you for making it one. I haven't thought about that show in years.

I agree, I hadn't thought about it in so long that it took me about thirty seconds before I was even able to parse what he meant.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

I figure this particular case is that he's been keeping a "this is why I'm not having sex" diary, most people can't actually remember things that precisely.

Even then, is having good recall really that creepy? I have a crazy accurate event-based memory, you can't just wake up and switch it off :(

No. But using it to slam your partner or try to shame her into sex is pretty much the height of creepiness.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm married, And while I'm not going to go talking about personal details on an internet forum, when my wife and I have had issues between us, we sit down and talk about them like adults.

In what possible world is it not creepy to list out every little detail of your sex life then email it to your partner? If it's so bad that she won't talk about it, bring that up. If she still refuses to discuss it, reevaluate your marriage. Don't be the creepy weirdo who is listing every 'infraction' in an email, talk to your partner like an adult human being. This is not really a complex or difficult thing to grasp. If you can't be an adult about it, you probably weren't ready to get married so it may not actually end up being a healthy marriage.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

Is that poo poo OTC or prescription?

It's prescription. Also, if you overuse it, it could cause cluster headaches or extra migraines. It's sort of a double edged sword, you know?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

That one's a satire, though.

What do the missing letter spell out?

All that's missing is an L and he said dead not death in the bottom paragraph? Am I crazy? I read it like 4 times.

Am I missing a joke?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

KiddieGrinder posted:

Also it would be a controlled observation, not an experiment. Experiments are about measuring the change in X when you add/subtract/modify Y. An observation is just doing something and watching what happens.

edit: for example an observation would be me (as a white person) yelling racial slurs in the street. An experiment would be the same thing, but also repeating it with blackface and seeing what difference it made. And for a control, yelling racial slurs painted green or something.

edit two: I think I'm correct, but I could be wrong. It's been a while.

Yeah that's correct. Another example of an experiment would be for you, a white person, to do that, then have a black person do it, and a hispanic person, etc. using the same set of slurs in the same of similar areas.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Also someone who is isn't getting sex.

Patton Oswalt?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I worked as a teacher's aide for a little while when I was much younger, and there are children with things like actual diagnosed autism who sometimes get to wear headphones all day just because it really does filter out noise. However, those kids are not in regular classrooms, and they certainly do not have the wherewithal and social skills necessary to smugly speak up in class the way that person did. At best, they'd mumble out the correct information, and then get overwhelmed when addressed and either shut down or act out.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah. He was a giant tool and he was completely full of poo poo in every way. He may be good with a rifle, but he's such an atrocious person over all that it's been super annoying lately.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

I too regularly compliment random people on their hairstyle. That's what actual people do right ?

I do that sometimes? That's not that weird is it?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Nah man, a lot of teachers let you eat in class if you're quiet and not a troublemaker. At least in the states it's not that uncommon.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

I guess it's just that I have never been complimented by a random stranger :smith: There you have it, the truth is out, are you happy now? :colbert:

You probably don't live in an area where it's common. Some areas of the U.S. it's normal. Some it isn't.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Well I don't even live in the US :v: I guess French people are compliment stingy. Especially in Paris which does not surprise me!

:3:

Yeah that makes a ton of sense. Also I really like your avatar too. Adorable confused kitty.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

No, we were busy bombing innocents

Yeah, the US got to that part a bit late to the game. But we more than made up for lost time.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lblitzer posted:

I'm deeming this "stupid poo poo that's not going to happen in a fantastic way":

https://www.reddit.com/r/editthegame/comments/2tevp8/our_crazy_idea/

A reddit user & game dev has an idea to run a game company. Wow, zany right? Well actually it is, but only because he says this:

A hivemind controlling the destiny of a company :rolleyes:

If there's one thing that means a strong, stable, worthwhile company, it's completely and utterly lacking any sort of vision.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Don't worry, it's still complete bullshit.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

turnways posted:

Yeah even the pics of his fiancee's various scars seem kinda...well, decide for yourself:

http://imgur.com/gallery/AvOv8

Woman with literally no definition to her arms/shoulders/legs and scars that look like she either grew up in the country or maybe crashed her bike a couple times as a teenager = NAVY SEAL HYPERMARINE VETERAN.

lol

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kimmalah posted:

The one former Marine I knew was a huge fatass because when he got out he basically rebelled by saying "gently caress it" and letting himself go. Scar girl is definitely a load of poo poo, but there are a lot of fat soldiers out there.

Yeah that's possible. I dunno though, even fat dudes that used to be buff tend to have big arms.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Shells are so loving hot you have no idea. I got one caught between my belt and my pants once and it hurt so bad. It was like a one in a million event too. It was awful.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I cut my hand between the first and second fingers with a steak knife when I was cutting an apple.

Then a couple years later I cut my other hand's pointer finger with an X-acto knife and it bled bad that my friend who was in the garage with me started throwing up and nearly passed out. I was a very clumsy child :smith:

Both of those are far more impressive looking than literally any of that combat vet's scars.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The stdh guy might be in a state that makes it really hard to legally comp a drink. Or he could work at a number of restaurants that claim that it's illegal, even when it's technically not. They hold to that party line hardcore because alcohol is a money maker.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Coyotes can also travel in packs, and it's just about the only time that they are anything even resembling confident. So if a coyote did get mad enough to fight a dude, it probably had like 4-7 other coyotes at its back, and they'd all come in and gently caress your day up. Or it had rabies. A grown rear end man is not really opportunistic prey for something like a coyote, so even if it was weak/old/starving it wouldn't go near you. It might go after like a kid or something, but even that is pretty unlikely.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Rudager posted:

Has anyone ever called their kid "spawn", or is it some terrible censoring where she misses replacing her name about 80% of the time.

She's just got a WACKY JEWISH MOTHER!!!!!!!!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lblitzer posted:

I swear I posted about this earlier but I don't think I did but in any case I was wondering the same thing. I've worked several retail jobs and I can't recall hearing myself or anyone saying it more than just a few times, which is why my brain hurts every time I do read it because it seems it's in every story.

That's the one thing that never even registers to me. But I'm from Texas and that's just how I was always raised to talk, especially in a retail setting. I still say sir/ma'am just regularly, but I get that it is strongly regional.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pistoph posted:

Same here, but again, it's a product of the way I was raised. I'm a military brat and both of my parents were born in southern states. It used to really weird me out when adults used to ask me not to address them that way. It's just one way I learned to show respect. :shrug:

Both my parents are Southern staters, and they were both military brats so maybe that's where I got it. Neither of them joined the military, but I just always did/do it unless I know the person pretty well. If someone gets mad I just sort of shrug and ask their name, then call them what they tell me. Fortunately I no longer work in customer service so it doesn't matter.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I actually believe that one in small town Texas.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

It says a lot about this guy that once PIV sex was off the table, he was like "well I give up, nothing else to do here". The girl probably decided to bounce one she realized he wasn't going to go down on her.

lol only betas do that bro. - redpillers

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Jesus Christ goons love talking about how smart they were as children. The vaccination thread in D&D also had a couple pages of a bunch of posters talking about how they were reading at a college level at the age of 4 or whatever.

:goonsay:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Nerds who spend their 20's and later on an internet forum devoted to lovely comedy probably value their intelligence highly, either as the sole source of their self confidence, or a part of it. Given a forum for discussion, they will probably mention it, especially in relation to people they didn't like when they were younger. There may just be some sort of correlation between people like that and the communities of SA and Reddit.

This is like bitching that GiP posters are all (ex-)military guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BrainDance posted:

It would make the creepy filet o fish story even creepier if there was any way it was true.

Seriously, how do you commit 6 felonies in a short span of time without being in prison for a very very long time?

Drugs and being white and/or rich.

• Locked thread