Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all

Not Always Romantic posted:

(I sometimes revert to a form of baby talk when I get really excited. My boyfriend has just proposed. It’s late because he proposes after a special dinner and takes me to our favorite evening spot in the park. I am calling my parents, particularly my mom who doesn’t always understand my personality. I am speaking in baby talk the entire time.)

Mom: “Hello? You know it’s late, right?”

Me: “Hi, Mommy! Sorry it’s late!”

Mom: “Uh, hi.”

Me: “Mom! [Fiancé] proposed!”

Mom: “What?”

Me: “He proposed! [Fiancé] proposed!”

Mom: *angrily* “What? I can’t understand you! Why are you talking like that?”

Me: “Because I’m happy!”

Mom: “You’re happy?”

Me: “Yeah! I’m getting married!”

Mom: “Are you drunk?”

Me: *shocked into normal speech* “What? No! [Fiancé] just proposed and I wanted to tell you first!”

Mom: “Oh. You’re sure you’re not drunk?”

Me: “Yes. I’m sure I’m not drunk.”

Mom: “Oh, okay.” *silence* “Well… congratulations, then?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

Nckdictator posted:

I turned and went down the aisle of the grocery store. He started to come after me, viciously cursing as he did so, but a man stopped him and said, “I’m married to a ‘dyke’, and am the father of a ‘dyke’, and it is my duty to make sure the Queen of Dykes is not hosed with any further by a little pissant like you. I suggest you leave, before you find out how many other men are fond of ‘dykes’ like her.”

Thank goodness there was a man there to intervene.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

My art teacher showed us a black and white photo of some dude with half an arm in his rear end and apparently this was a relatively famous photographer. You'll see at least 5-10 dicks in every art class FYI.

That would be Robert Mapplethorpe. Apart from being a legitimately amazing photographer, he's also pretty important in modern art history because his choices in subject matter kicked off a lot of major arguments about public funding for and display of controversial art. I'd be surprised if any art history class covering recent history didn't cover him, really.

:eng101:

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

I work at an online helpdesk for a billing service. We just got this email from a customer who'd used our service to pay for a meal at a chain restaurant, as a reply to her billing statement.

• Locked thread