Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Somebody I know linked to this story on Facebook today, includes the obligatory stdh "everyone clapped"

quote:

Lustrous.

A man in the grocery store line today approached me and said, "Sir, when I first saw you I was extremely attracted to you, but then I noticed that you are a boy. How... I mean, why do you dress so provocatively?"

I responded, "Well, in today's world the majority of the straight male race view women as objects, or something that belongs to them. I dress provocatively because it attracts the attention of men in a sexual and OBJECTIVE way. However, when realized that I am actually male, they often become confused, disgusted, upset or all of the above. By inflicting this minor emotional damaged upon the ego of a man raised by twisted societal gender norms, maybe, just maybe the individual will think twice before viewing another woman with an objective attitude and sense of belonging. No woman, belongs to ANYONE. Male or female, the equality of human beings needs to be a priority. It is something worth dressing up for."

I AM NOT KIDDING. The woman behind me, the female cashier, the old lady bagging groceries and the woman in front of me who was talking on the phone STOPPED, ... and proceeded to gasp and clap. The man shook my hand, told me to have a blessed day and then said, "excuse me ladies, I need to visit my daughter."

... I was shaking by the time I walked out of the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bloopsy posted:

I'm confused, and not because I leered at the dude in the story. Was he wearing women's clothing? Is he trans? Was he wearing men's clothing in a provocative fashion (whatever that is)? Also

LUSTROUS

According to their sidebar they run a "gender variant fashion blog" and it looks like they're wearing a drapey hipster dress in the post they made which I assume is what they were supposed to be wearing when the story happened. So genderbending/genderqueer.

Chococat has a new favorite as of 11:23 on May 11, 2014

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Kinder eggs are still super illegal in the US, only this terrible knockoff kind with the plastic sticking out from the seams is ok. I think the Target-looking shelf tags are from Target's recent disastrous push into the Canadian market.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Almost every Canadian mall I've been in has had some kind of alterations shop in it, even the tiny run down suburban ones, but they don't exist so much in the US as far as I've seen.

• Locked thread