Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Assuming this is suppose to be kids in high school, wouldn't said bully instantly know who wrote the note based on that info of having 2 dads?

The bully would try to harass the linebacker and get destroyed by the linebacker's superior might while the bully's cohorts said "This kid.. is.. inhuman..".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gridlocked posted:

What Travis Woo wishes he was.

Magic fans only reference

He's too busy walking up stairs backwards and defending Hitler.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The trope is about comically exaggerated penises for the purposes of, well, comedy.

To say one has one in real life is to say "yeah, I'm so incredibly well-endowed that I've become a parody of masculinity."

Marshmallow Hell is about being smothered in breasts so much that one can't breathe. It's also a comedy trope but usually of the anime fanservice variety.

What the troper intended was "My monster dick got me laid by busty babes constantly. :smug:" The actual meaning given the tropes named is "My penis is gigantic. The usual nature of my colossal cock was cleverly undermined into a comedy scenario when girls kept inviting me to sleepovers and bringing me to the brink of suffocation death with their tits. This continued two years."

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

First Brilliant But Lazy and now Bunny Ears Lawyer. How many other tropes have troper tales that are just I'M SO WEIRD BUT GOOD AT THINGS!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Paladinus posted:

I know the ending of Bioshock Infinite and haven't played it.
The writer lady is legit, though it's strange to see a person in their sixties on tumblr.

When one's writing credits include an episode of Transformers, an episode of My Little Pony, two Scrappy Doo episodes, one each of Star Trek TNG and Spider-Man Unlimited, a mid-nineties FMV adventure game, Laverne & Shirley, and a Barbie movie, one can just shitpost on tumblr knowing they've lived a full life.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Captain Monkey posted:

This is like in that Gene Wolf book, where there's a nation of people that speak the same language as their neighbors, but all 'words' have been replaced with phrases with many layered meanings that alter the way that language functions fundamentally.

I know TV Tropes words and the tl;dr is "I used to be wacky but then my life went to poo poo in a variety of ways and now I'm at a dead end hoping for a lucky break, because my life is not in my control."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm mostly trying to poo poo on common MRA tropes, but I'm sorry if my joke was in poor taste. :smith:

No your post was good, Farooq is a butt who missed the point.

• Locked thread