Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I can appreciate that her delusions are coherently written, as opposed to the impenetrable word salad one usually gets with internet crazies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Why does it bother me that every version I've seen of that story has quotation marks around "documented by our video surveillance cameras" like it's an obscure figure of speech?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Isn't that literally what "The customer is always right" actually means?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I like that idiot writing the Disney STDH (or misunderstood advances from a pedo) finds it plausible that Disney would want to record a random kid to re-record their songs to play in the parks. Because I guess they can't use the world-recognized originals?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I guess it's "priceless" because the premise is an idiot incriminating himself online.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Marley Wants More posted:

I think she also claimed to have been involved with a drug cartel, or some kind of gang. Something like that. I might have an exaggerated memory of it because everything she said was such horseshit, but I think her whole spiel started out talking about some kind of bad rear end gang she was a part of.

I think that was a different girl. It was an A/T thread by some guy who was in a California Asian street gang as a kid when that was still a thing in the 90s, and was actually p believable. He made it clear he was only a small potatoes teen in the scheme of things and only got involved small-time shakedowns and clumsy street brawls.

Then another user jumped in talking about how she and her brother, both orphans on their own, rose to the top of an East Coast Asian gang in the same timeframe, complete with swearing bloody revenge when her bro was assassinated (tearful dying last words to her too iirc), becoming the biggest badass in East Coast gang history, changing her identity to leave the gang life for an Ivy League school, and becoming a world-class physicist or something. She got called out for constantly using West Coast gang slang that was popularized by thug rap but not really used on the East Coast in the 90s.

I'd love to find that thread again. Went from interesting (the OPs experiences) to bullshit (badass gang leader physicist fantasy) very suddenly in the last few pages.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
"Whinge" is p typical outside North America, where we say "whine". I don't like the former either but I've gotten used to it.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
So did that Jeff guy just leave his Alzheimer's dad at the store or what?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Of course the comments of that Facebook post are 50% men wanting to gently caress the girl.

That's way lower than I would've expected.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Postal Parcel posted:

Basically, "Enjoy your AIDS :byewhore:"
Even when the punchline isn't aids, it comes down to "you may have gotten the girl/guy, but I'm the winner in the end"

"... I mean, I have HIV too, but I somehow win anyway haha *coughing fit with blood*"

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Why call the kid "OB" while also revealing his name is "Scotty"?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

well... yeah???

are you european or something?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

jodai posted:

How can anyone think stabbing someone in the eye with a pen is justified or something that people eventually just forget? I think that troper has not had a lot of human contact and maybe just fantasizes about being bullied.

I read it as the two confrontations are real and his reactions are the fantasy. Rather than sulking and whimpering.

Thin Privilege posted:

Why the gently caress would you make it completely obvious what store it is and then still write [store]??

I worked a customer service counter for five years and "I have no receipt but just give me cash" is every goddamn day. The writer spun a bullshit story about an OUTRAGEOUS customer just for a fantasy about dropping limp anine bon mots at him.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

A religious Facebook forward an acquaintance posted

I know that this is a common refrain amongst certain sects of Christianity, but I can't get over the belief that if he hadn't said the magic words and accepted Jesus, this (fictional) fireman who died saving people's lives wouldn't have been admitted to heaven.

I like that they missed their flight and instead of being put on the next plane they're just like welp, gotta go home empty handed.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
What? How
[/quote]

And how old was he when he finally dropped out? 22?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Tunicate posted:

STDH about STDH!

The way the dialogue's written makes me imagine each character staring off into the middle distance and pausing dramatically after key words..

Also seconding that this sounds like the kind of thing that might've been written in India or Singapore, with all the overwrought sentimality and peculiar phrasing.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
haha typical MRA-style "hey, men who aren't rich/powerful have had a historically poo poo deal too... must be the fault of :supaburn: feminism :supaburn: and is definitely remedied by by rigid gender roles!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Verisimilidude posted:

Person A has never been to the gym. Person B has never had a girlfriend.

welp, two sentences that perfectly pre-empt the need for any further comment on these two.

• Locked thread