Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I've been to small theaters with balconies for concerts. If you were dancing near one like you were drunk, there's a good chance an usher or someone would ask you to sit the hell down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

It's kind of hilarious because it implies he wouldn't have done the same thing had the waitress done exactly the same thing but been Chinese instead.

The great thing is that a Chinese waitress would probably be paying off her trip over or trying to support family back home, but let's give the white woman they hired to answer the phones the big tip.

(Also STDH just from the picture, congrats on having a $100 bill.)

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

poo poo that did happen: went to Gamestop to pick up my preorder of Dark Souls, girl behind the counter mentions that the bosses are crazy, and I tell her that I like hard enemies and Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game. She says, "oh, cool! Wait here!" and goes to the break room to get her SotC t-shirt out of her bag. I compliment her on it, pay for the game, and walk out. I'm gay. :smuggo:

e: no i'm actually gay

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Any time I see something clever written on homework or something lovely written on a restaurant receipt I just assume it's STDH.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

no, you do not need to be his wingman.

coworker, friday afternoon, 4:45 PM: "so, ah, you doing anything this weekend"
troper: "this troper has big plans... for a few wiki updates"
coworker: "huh. hey, man, you can come out with us tonight if you want. i know a few girls you might like. i'll even play wingman"
troper: "what sort of woobie do you mistake me for, sir"

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Let's all share our personal perspective on what words we may or may not have heard.

Never heard Cloud Cuckooland, been calling it a balaclava since I was a kid.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Tunicate posted:

STDH about STDH!

And the husband shouted one word: "owned."

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

You can tell it's STDH because it's a long-rear end conversation about cucking on the internet and no one used the word "cuck".

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Splicer posted:

I love my dead gay thoughts.

dead gay, son what

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

flosofl posted:

Not only are they really, really good at paying attention to body language and expressions, they're also the only animals outside of humans that will turn to look at what you're looking at if you're not making eye contact. So basically they understand indirect "pointing". They also realize when your eyes are closed, you can't see them. They did a really funny experiment with being denied a treat. Then the person closed their eyes. Almost without fail, the dog would creep up, steal the treat, and then try to look totally innocent when the person opened their eyes again.

I want to say that was in some PBS episode of NOVA or something that was all about dogs, but it could have been NatGeo.\

Dogs are awesome partners/friends to us humans.

I googled this a while back and dogs, cats, dolphins, elephants, and seals understand pointing behavior to some degree. Other animals may or may not, but primates surprisingly aren't on the list.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Women don't know how good they have it trying to find any means possible of trying to feed their children whose father died in war.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Worse than death for the men is the knowledge that their widows automatically get full custody. :smith:

You know, I think those cultures that had widows jump on the pyre had an idea....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

If you Google "ants in Keurig" there are a few videos of same and lots of people complaining about it.

It is really hard to clean them thoroughly unless you are very persnickety about it, so I can imagine people making enough sugar bomb coffee pods and missing enough of the residue that it would attract ants.

At my last workplace we had to get rid of the Keurig because it harbored German cockroaches. Same idea.

• Locked thread