Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Nckdictator posted:

[ "real life exorcism", definitely not a Dresden Files fanfic, it really happened I swear]

Does anybody know where this post came from? The way it's written I'm sure the person has tons more stdh about how he's some kind of magical antiestablishment hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm beyond disappointed the pretty chill sounding ex-bully didn't kick his rear end for a second time. Like at the end there, we're not supposed to seriously think this dude came out on top right?

But he's dating X! He's the school president! His dad's probably still got a humiliating disease but he is winning at life.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

There's no possible way that a strange man screwing around with a young girl will create unwanted attention. Now way it could ever go wrong.
I think that's why he added that line about looking for the parents first although instead of making it more believable it just made it even creepier.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

ibntumart posted:

The article leaves out that "ManichestBreastiny" didn't just bellow, she used a demon's voice to summon forth the unholy brown curse upon her harasser. Because, you see, she practices pants-making GBS threads scary voices just for fun. This is the original post in case anyone's curious:

I mean, this is all believable up to the part where anyone but her considers her weird hobby of dumb voices scary, much less brown note capable.

This is one of those ones I hope is real but not for the reason she thinks. Some dude is just blackout drunk and stumbles into this girl and says "Hey" then shits himself because he's so hosed up but the girl is like "I must use my power for good...".

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Totally happened to me, but with Hitler instead of Stalin. And with hate instead of love.

So did you receive a [highest mark]?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

If he was going to make it up, he should have said the kid was practicing punches and kicks or just martial arts. As is, the Japanese kid could have been practicing to be a rockette.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

It depends on whether or not I'm trying to gently caress him. I'm much more tolerant of forced beer tastings when that is the case.

Yeah, I'm sure that makes it more flirtatious or at least quirky. If it's just some stranger yelling about how you don't know what you like, it's probably a lot more uncomfortable. The parties I used to go to had some kind of weird vibe where if somebody said "You guys gotta try this" everyone would mindlessly obey out of fear of being excluded from the group.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Bloodnose posted:

Zack Parsons wrote some great STDH for the front page today:

You Won't Belive the Heartless Thing An Imaginary Person Did to My Child

That was hilarious and I'm glad he got the phrase "fug of jazz cigarettes" in there. This article was funny enough to make me want to read the one it is sort of based on again but the author took it down. Here's a recap but the author of this article just sums up the blog and leaves out a lot of the embellishments that are hallmarks of stdh. Still, the paragraph that's there is pretty funny.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Y'see, she says smartass, as in the US version (Brits say smartarse), but then specifies Tesco, which is (I think) UK only. You've got to get the details right if you want someone to believe your pointless and overly cutesy story.

But my WIFE does science and she's a girl and I'm just her lovable rascal of a husband. Now give me internet points!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Explain How! posted:

something something mra fedoras

The perfect post/username combo.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Halfway through that long drug story I forgot what the guys point was because I kept getting excited about how insane the guys story was but it was a letdown. There was a dead grandma that went nowhere, a stoner kid from the inner city whose dad was a powerful politician and the raver friends out on the old hunting grounds and this guy chooses to devote a large part about building a garden. I can imagine the guy typing multiple drafts of this bullshit and finally settling on the most boring one because it might be believable. The problem is no one gives a poo poo on the internet, either it's over the top and fun to read like 50 ft Ant or it's boring and stupid and then everybody is laughing at the writer not with him.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Wasn't he also the guy who wrote about the haunted bunker he was stationed in in Germany? Also, I used to think his stories in the bad rpg experience thread were funny. Not believable at all, but funny. I might have been in the minority there, though.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oh, Humper Monkey. Based on the writing, I'd believe they were the same guy. Who was the guy with the horrible hotel stories? I seem to remember him having a similar style too. Actually, now that I think about it, Acts of Gord that was posted earlier looks similar, too. Maybe it's just they're all similar forums and so the writer is trying to cater to the same types of reader so it all sounds the same.

Alouicious posted:

are you really into hot, pregnant wives?

Ha, I almost mentioned that"how hot/pregnant was your wife?" Was practically a catchphrase in that thread.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I'm not sure what the sensitive hair part even means. I don't think makes it easier to pull some one over a counter and I think anyone who got dragged around by their hair is going to be hurt by it. That's such a weird fake story.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Maybe everyone was giving him a hard time because he drove a truck through the restaurant wall. It actually turns out that they are the most patient people ever but from his point of view they were hassling him.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Samizdata posted:

And how did you miss he's 1/97000000000000000000th Native American? He knows the feels that come with oppression. It is in his racial memory.

That was why he shed one single tear.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

I'll have you know I am a gamer and therefore possess intellectual superpowers. Fear me, female.

This probably really happened but this guy is just a giant rear end in a top hat. Someone tries to make small talk with him and he starts yelling at them. Then his boss laughs but it's a nervous laugh where he's not sure if the guy is going to flip out even more.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

N. Senada posted:

According to that note, the girlfriend is named after that beer or the beer is the girlfriend.

Haha, that's the best. "poo poo, what's my fake girlfriend's name? I know, I'll just put her initials...which are...um...K...CCO. Now to sit back and enjoy those sweet internet points."

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

No I think that's the joke though, you know?

I mean it's not a good joke at all but the guy is literally saying the beers are his girlfriend. You'll note the logo is also a bird, thus a crummy pun on "tit" as well

I was wondering about the titties in the face line. I do still like to imagine him panicking and writing kcco as his girlfriends name, mostly because it's funnier to me than the actual joke the guy was making.

Also I feel dumb that I didn't get it right away.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Buh posted:

My job is literally refund processing, sorry your business has a more oppresive culture I guess.

I think you're lucky to have an experience that gives you this attitude. From my own experience, autonomy is frowned on in low level retail employees. That's why "let me get the manager" is a key phrase in real life and stdh. It could also be that a lot of NAR stuff is made up by people who have a vague idea of how stores work and think they have a funny idea.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

a happy rear end in a top hat leaves faster than an angry one.
This is a better and truer customer service slogan than "the customer is always right".

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

We were the honors class. You know, with the 16 year old 7th grader and the kid who proudly pissed his pants. The height of wit was "That's what she said". We were just a bunch of smart kids, with our own bus and everything.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

That's what she said.

A truly gifted post.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

I like that someone so sensitive as to be physically hurled though space by the word retarded wrote such a ridiculous caricature of a retarded person.

I cant believe that this person bothered writing this whole story. They are so sensitive to words but keep contemplating attacking the person who said them as if that reaction is somehow noble. If this person really has a kid with autism, I imagine the kid is absolutely miserable.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

http://notalwaysfriendly.com/

God drat, this is the worst site. It makes me really sad but I imagine some of this is still made up, too. Most of the setup is longer than the actual stories so that the reader can get some stupid inside joke.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

JGdmn posted:

No I don't know what that is. I'm sorry.

Best quote/avatar combo.

I think that story is really poorly written. Why is any of it happening? "Hey, remember your abusive step father who I divorced? I told him he could stay at your house." Seems like a pretty big plot hole.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I feel like most of her fans and half of her trolls are just puppet accounts. See also: her open letter to her son.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Roro posted:

Can I get a link to that? I don't really feel like having her website open on my computer.

Here it is.

It's blatantly obvious that this isn't to her son. It's to everybody else about her son because nobody gave a poo poo about her kid except to be worried about his safety. Her kid was not famous. She was "famous" for being a loving loon. The idea of keeping a diary or something for your kids when they're older is actually nice but I don't think it should be kept in the same place as your made up stories about ComCast.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Love the fact the story continues in the tags, making them effectively worthless.

Also, would've been more believable is someone tried to recreate their favorite three stooges sketch and take a running tackle to get her through the door if she actually tried getting through and got stuck.

I like to imagine that was a hash tag that was trending for a while." Tell us your definitely not made up stories #when I got home my parents didn't believe that I had gun pulled on me and I cried! Leave the spaces in kids!"

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I like when stdh is so completely foreign to me that I can believe it because I only have guesses at what is happening. I don't know what Long Island Dad-core is or why a t-shirt with a print of Starry Night is a joke but I love hearing about it.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Rudager posted:

If this really happened, I hope the guy got slapped in his smug face shortly afterwards.

If it really happened, he would have got shut down somewhere in his monologue, probably after the "reinforces my sentiments" because if he already thinks you're an rear end in a top hat, why not prove him right?

E: no wait maybe the point was that some cops are really good people because the cop let him talk all that poo poo and then just kinda nodded and moved away from him instead of (insert cool term for beating the guy up).

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

Wasn't this in a movie?

It was all a set up. The first customer was friends with the second customer who has a "retail worker makes him mop up a mess" fetish.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I thought the "how tall are you?" was going to be some version of "I didn't know they stacked poo poo that high." I'm actually pretty disappointed.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Manager:*looks at me*"[my name]?"

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

What the gently caress is that last line about? "Consider the story confirmed because the guy who originally told it told it to us again. A true American bad rear end."

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

edit: an idiot phone posting.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

Why not go see the movie and then you'll know what it's like? Hell, people make movies about criminals all the time.

As for criminals, look no further than this:

That whole premise doesnt make any sense. Putting aside the idea the kid would probably just think they messed up and not get righteously indignant with the teacher, the teachers knew they hosed up and tried to cover it up twice. Why would they even bring it up to the parent? The whole story was made up by someone who doesn't have a kid and probably just saw a long last name once.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

There's so much going on in that story. I think my favorite part is the whole "my co-worker has another job at Hershey..." like it wasn't enough to say we had candy to hand out on Halloween. Second favorite was the insinuation that the mom is just going to eat two armloads of junk herself. Those drat fat poors.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Well, there you go. An stdh with almost no dialogue. Of course what he does write down is stilted, weird nonsense and he had to add several people cheering and clapping. Then, a second helping of stdh about how you're not allowed to tell people to have a good day and a closing sentence that pretty much invalidates his whole point.

Is this what that forum is like all the time or is this guy a special case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Shit_that_didn't_happen.txt-I'm can usually handle most anything

• Locked thread