Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

What is wrong with that person.

:itwaspoo:.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nerd plus rage posted:

Tried to to my best impression of the voice I read this to myself in.

J... Jer... Jeremy?..

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Why do tvtropers dispense with the shortest first person singular subject pronoun in any written language, and choose instead to awkwardly write about themselves in the third person? :psyduck:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It was reasonably written and easy to follow, which is more than I can say for what "This Troper" keeps writing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This joke usually involves a rabbit and carrot cake.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

sweeperbravo posted:

Or that duck song from a few years ago.

And he waddled away, waddle-waddle. Til the very next day.

Unless it was this duck:

'cause this duck don't waddle.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

sweeperbravo posted:

I hate how people don't realize inside jokes inherently, by their very name and nature, aren't funny to people on the outside. Like no one reads those jokes being like "Dang man lol I feel so left out I wish I could be in on that cool funny joke!!!"

Sinfest had this covered 16 years ago, almost to the day (:tinfoil:):

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Verisimilidude posted:

I'm not sure if these quick-form "pat me on the back for this pointless thing I did Internet strangers!" are worse than the long fake stories that go no where. I mean, I actually end up reading these, so that negatively affects me personally.

shaggy_dog_that_never_happened.txt

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hate you all

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:frogleave:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
A joke with unrealistic elements? Well I never! :wotwot:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BioEnchanted posted:

Do those people realise

Nope.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Decrepus posted:

Their self-inserts are so well endowed that they can self insert.

:master:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
creep_that_didn't(?!)_happen.txt

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
jokes_you_weren't_meant_to_believe_happened.jpg meets goons.txt

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
We can make up whatever acronym we'd like. MIL = Madame I Loathe.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Monkey posted:

This is like in that Gene Wolf book, where there's a nation of people that speak the same language as their neighbors, but all 'words' have been replaced with phrases with many layered meanings that alter the way that language functions fundamentally.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Praise Him, apparently.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Scathach posted:

Whoa double modpost. This must be some sort of holy thread.

Two mods have posted in succession on this page. This will bring you fame and fortune, but only if you post "Stay safe poverty mods" before the next page. Otherwise you will be cursed forever.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kay Kessler posted:

My personal "favorite" christian fundie movie has to be one where the Anti-Christ is played by loving Basil Exposition from Austin Powers.

Another had Mr. T in it, and I don't think he was doing it for the paycheck.

The one with Mr. T is Judgment, and is the only one I half-way watched. I don't remember much other than Mr. T being with some Christians who were being oppressed, also there was the Sign of the Beast they were refusing. It was in the background while I was doing something else.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

quote:

Ultermarto 208 points : 12 replies : 7 hours ago reply
This conversation seems pretty drat artificial.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Postal Parcel posted:

?????????
Okay, maybe I missed it, but how did he find out his name was Jody? And how did he find his dad(I guess if you know which recruiting station and know the name, you can narrow the results down...)
At any rate, the biggest red flag to me was the 17 minute gap between telling him the recruiting post and the guy getting the call and reacting. That is probably fastest I've ever seen something get replied to and carried out. Military efficiency I guess

e: Like, I realize this is STDH, but there are so many plot holes

Hint: "Jody" is a term, not a given name.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

walrusman posted:

But doesn't that cost the military more in dependent costs? Why would they promote something that costs them more?

Intentional or not, it is exactly this cost, namely the various benefits and liberties that come from matrimony, which promotes it regardless of whether the soldiers in question are ready for it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I've known quite a few female anthropologists and heard many horror stories about the sexism rampant in that discipline, so I would actually totally believe a male anthropologist saying that when drunk. "If this goes on, I might not be able to sexually assault women during fieldwork!! :qq:"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
shit_that_sadly_does_happen.txt :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RNG posted:

Women don't know how good they have it trying to find any means possible of trying to feed their children whose father died in war.

Worse than death for the men is the knowledge that their widows automatically get full custody. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAROOQ posted:

Yeah let's poo poo on the 14 year old kids that historically got sent to war to die.

I'm mostly trying to poo poo on common MRA tropes, but I'm sorry if my joke was in poor taste. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RNG posted:

At my last workplace we had to get rid of the Keurig because it harbored German cockroaches. Same idea.

Sounds to me like the roaches did you a solid.

• Locked thread