Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Captain Bravo posted:

As long as you promise to never go that fast again, it's all cool.

(:v:)

Don't listen to them, go slow and you'll end up like me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pookah posted:

My dog has one but she does fulfil your basic critera, in that her memory is awful and she is ancient.

I dunno if your dog is smart enough to distinguish days from each other and operate a pill holder without opposable thumbs you may be underselling her smarts.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

From another forum I frequent, this is just part of a post in a thread about trans issues:

quote:

Pick a belief you hold dear. Any of them.

Now imagine that stating them out loud when you're a child would get you mocked and bullied, especially by authority figures. Imagine that stating them out loud as an adult would get you asked to leave public businesses, thrown out of colleges, and make you lose your job.

Welcome to my world.

Do you think that peer pressure and societal acceptance are by any means limited to the LGBT group? Hint: They're not. Hell, most LGBT people I see suffer far less of it than the traditional Catholics I know. I've seen schools with kids openly professing their transgendered status with no problems, while those same schools give a kid detention for praying in class. I've seen people asked to leave restaurants because they were talking among themselves about their beliefs on LGBT issues. I myself am frightened to voice any of these complaints in person, because I know how much it can cost me.

He's a pretty hardline Christian who lives in a red state (dunno which) sooo yeah I called him out on this and he got really pissy.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Stroop There It Is posted:

I like how he literally describes the discrimination that LGBT people face, except we get it for existing and not for publicly stating beliefs that other people are subhuman. Oh, and we also get assaulted and murdered for it too--I wonder how many anecdotes he can pull up for that happening to people for being traditional Catholics in the U.S.?

Most of what he said doesn't fit in the stdh.txt thread, but yeah he's absolutely convinced he's being brutally oppressed because some of us were saying his opinions are lovely. Here are a couple more gems:

quote:

As I've pointed out, I'm also living in a country where I'm not being murdered for making the sign of the cross, but merely in a progressive country where I can be ostracized from society merely for publicly voicing my beliefs. Even in a "conservative" state.

quote:

So, again, they're free to voice their issues, and force them on to others. But I'm not even allowed to state mine for myself. And they're the ones being repressed.

Apparently our posts where we disagree with him and try to educate him on both the medical facts of trans people and their issues, and on the effects dismissing the legitimacy of trans people, are oppressing him. I pointed out that if I wanted to 'force' him to change his views I could edit his posts or silence him because I'm a mod on the forum in question, but no apparently "I disagree and here's why:" is oppression.

quote:

If you've never see a transgendered kid come forth in school, maybe you won't believe it. But they're given all sorts of special treatment by teachers, watched like a hawk at recess to prevent bullying, and will actually have the class stopped so that the teachers can make sure everyone is accepting of them.

Make any sort of religious declaration, though, and you will be told to be quite, and can be given detention or sent to the principle's office if you don't obey. I've seen it.

So basically yeah, a combination of stdh and him thinking asslords being noisy and disruptive are being punished for being Christian, instead of being noisy and disruptive.

e; as for the anecdotes question he linked to a site that I'm pretty sure is like an actual hate site and I'm now on a list just for clicking his link and it was going on about all kinds of poo poo about white genocide and how awful and racist black people are and stuff.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ReidRansom posted:

I think even people who believe in that poo poo probably know better than to link to Stormfront as proof or evidence of anything. It was probably one that flies more under the radar, like vdare or amren or something along those lines.

It was http://violenceagainstwhites.wordpress.com/the-hate-crimes-you-dont-hear-about/ :notstayingoffwatchlistssafe:

Actually it's some good stdh itself, given some of those tags :v: "White girls turned into kebabs" oh no the Ottomans are spending their admin points to culture-flip England :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Honestly from what I know of retail and services I can easily see this one happening.

• Locked thread