Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The "I wrote all music" lady is called Amy Lee. Here you go.

Or just listen to the F Plus episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sensitive hair.

Sensitive. Hair.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Rudager posted:

Yeah, don't think I ever had to put milk (sorry, cream) in my coffee before I visited the USA. But we also use proper milk too, where as everywhere in the US only seemed to have those little UHT cup looking things or just straight UHT powder. I had about 2 cups of coffee while I was over there because UHT milk is loving vile.

Dunkin' Donuts for legit half-and-half. Mmmm.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Wikipedia says his actual name is David Michael Bautista, Jr. Batista is his ring name.

He's billed as "Bautista" in the movie.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Hello, little girl, where are you parents? Oh, I'm Joe Disney. Why don't you sing me a song? Oops, I think I can see your dad, I have to go.

There isn't a Joe Disney. The younger Roy Disney's sons are Roy and Tim; Walt only had daughters. Can't people loving Google for a second before making up stdh/masquerading as grandchildren of actual creative people?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

MinistryofLard posted:

Is that really a thing? Like, wouldn't the cake be stale and gross as hell after a year? That's a pretty morbid metaphor for a marriage.

You put it in the freezer now. In the old days, wedding cakes were booze-soaked fruitcakes that kept for a year or more even without refrigeration, so the custom probably made more sense then.

I would kill to have some of my wedding cake now. Stupid gluten.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

hate hoot posted:

I can definitely believe this happens. And definitely that he considers himself a comedian. And definitely that it is happening in a high school.

Only thing missing is the half-subtle glance around after every worthless comment, checking to see if any "mundanes" are listening in.

One of the best things about being old is never again having to be part of any conversation in which the phrase "freaking the mundanes" is used.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

biblecorn, where did this fine story originate?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

nucleicmaxid posted:

Patton Oswalt?

Married people don't have sex :rimshot:

Actually, I just looked up Patton Oswalt's wife and she looks so much like him that she could be his sister. That always freaks me out when married people look that much alike.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

Well I tend to think that anyone who says "Oh OK sure that makes perfect sense" when their spouse says they're a trained assassin for the CIA or whatever is at least a little batshit.

Did she actually say that? Or was it all his delusion?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

davidspackage posted:

He's invented shareholding.

Oh, come on, that's only been around for like 500 years! How could he be expected to keep up with every economic development of the past millennium?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Not to say it happened but in NYS you cant give free drinks away I dunno if you can comp them or not.. but ladies night use to be ladies drink free around here and now theybjust charge a dollar or something nominal.

Massachusetts law says you can't comp drinks and you can't discount drinks during happy hour. So happy hours here are free or cheap food, mostly.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

"chew and screw"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

What in the world is a m'noncl?

mon oncle = my uncle

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CrotchDropJeans posted:

I thought only Catholic priests wore those? I live in the Bible Belt and Catholics aren't exactly beloved there.

Episcopal priests wear them, too. But they'd probably be considered the wrong kind of Protestant by that bigot customer if he existed.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

KiddieGrinder posted:

Also how does one 'try' to feel someone up? You either grab someone's rear end/tits/dick, or you don't. How can you get caught 'trying' to feel someone up, without actually accomplishing your intent to feel them up? :confused:

I was going to say something super sarcastic, but maybe your reflexes are terrible and you don't see people's hands coming at you in time to deflect them before they actually connect with you? Trying to feel someone up is like trying to hit them; if you get blocked, it's still clear what you were doing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Obsolete posted:

Not sure this is the right place, but a friend recommended me the book Ready Player One. Hoooo boy. It could probably better be called "Tales of a Reddit Manchild: The Book."

It has it all, our savvy hero tearing apart not one, but two high school bullies with verbal takedowns (and everyone cheers afterwards), militant atheism, self-diagnosed Asbergers, friendzones, super hacker skills, magical virtual currency, weird obsession with 80s nerd culture, all wrapped in a "video games are the only thing that understands me" narrative.

Can't say I'd recommend it, but it feels like the id of this entire thread. It's a decent hate-read.

You have to hear the IDontEvenOwnATelevision.com episode reviewing it. You will die laughing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

There's one editor there who always adds Princeton to any mention of Harvard and/or Yale. Dude, you're just embarrassing everyone.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

aardwolf posted:

Of course you'd say that. You're a ghost :colbert:.

Jesus Christ, let a Deceased-American be bilingual without the shaming.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I like how after the whole love letter to himself ("look at me helping wheelchair widower vet") there was just a gratuitous slam on Caitlyn Jenner. Because the mere existence of a pop culture celebrity hurts ARE VETS :911:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

Woudl you use a condom to have sex with a fish???

Clamydia

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

It is sad, but also hilarious. Delusions must loving suck.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

There is nothing a self-interested professor would rather do than failing an entire class, because the department heads and deans totally love when you do that, and it looks fantastic on your tenure portfolio.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

When I was in Yale, at the tender age of 18, I developed a computer meant for business use with a graphical interface. I met two young men, both of whom I gave the name Steve, and explained to them how this system worked. During creation, I was called away to UCLA and the Marine Corp to practice neurosurgery, but before I left, I named this device the "Macintosh" based on the Apple of the same name.

Not rapey enough for Amy Lee, not Jesusy enough for Ben Carson, but a fine effort nonetheless.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ha, ha, ha, like anyone in the business of selling clothes wants people to think they look okay without other clothes that are for sale at the same store.

I suppose that woman thinks that when waiters ask if she wants dessert that they're trying to give her diabetes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Eponine posted:

Spanx are like wearing underwear or a bra or a slip: they're so that the fabric that, for example, this dress is made of, doesn't drape weird on your human shape. If you do not want to wear Spanx with a formal dress, you should wear fabric that has more structure and won't bunch on you. If she'd tried it on with the proper undergarments, she might not have thought that the dress looked "old."

Nah, that's a mother of the bride dress, not a prom dress. It would look better with Spanx, for the reasons you say, though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Elfgames posted:

if some doughnuts make you break into tears, that's loving soul crushingly depressing

It was a reminder of her painful celiac disease.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

{I misread the whole dumb Jesusy thing, which was debunked on Snopes in any case. Sorry I am stupid.}

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Feb 7, 2016

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I am really allergic to both dogs and cats, and have antihistamines with me always, because sometimes people have service animals.

Poor little guy. His parents suck for not planning better, but maybe they weren't familiar with air travel? I hope all the airline people were really nice to him and that he felt better after getting some fresh air and meds.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

goose fleet posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy has to stop completely every three minutes for another reason

Two points for Hufflepuff!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

The person I quoted told a similar story. I just kept my head down and kept eating my meal. Yeah, I guess I'm a shitlord as well, but it's kind of water over the dam as it was like 2 years ago by now. Also the nurse is like gotta be nearing 70.

Also, I mention my own role because I do kind of feel residually guilty about it. Idk, what would you have done in my position?

Norma Rae-d yourself up onto the table in a Crowning Moment of Awesome, given a Badass Monologue about how racism hurts everyone, Kramered out of the room flipping birds at all the mundanes, then had Marine Albert Einstein carry you to your car a la An Officer and a Gentleman, while the entire school applauded and the sobbing nurse donated her year's paycheck to Black Lives Matter, of course.

It's like you haven't even been reading this thread at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

If you Google "ants in Keurig" there are a few videos of same and lots of people complaining about it.

It is really hard to clean them thoroughly unless you are very persnickety about it, so I can imagine people making enough sugar bomb coffee pods and missing enough of the residue that it would attract ants.

• Locked thread