Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Here's another variant on the classic professor STDH (in other words, where Tumblr meets Freep):

When they said white liquid I was expecting it to be cum. I was disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Minarchist posted:

I just wanna believe :allears:

Who are these people that can't hold in a poo poo if they don't have access to a toilet.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

so what exactly stops him from looking them up with his phone at the store

I mean I know it didn't happen, but come on, that's low hanging fruit

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Elysiume posted:

For anyone who doesn't want to copy/paste that warcrime of a URL:

Why the hell would you report some douche who made a poo poo out of himself in response to a gay kiss to the cops unless you wanted to feed his "HOMO-NAZI POLICE STATE INDOCTRINATING OUR CHILDREN AND DESTROYING AMERICA :bahgawd:" complex :psyduck:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

http://notalwaysworking.com/speaking-up-for-those-who-cant/33669

quote:

(I work in the IT office for a small distribution warehouse. Normally there’s a manager and two staff to answer calls in regards to shipping. We have a third person who does a lot of our picking and heavy lifting. He’s autistic and does not speak, instead communicating via sign language. He’s worked with the company for about seven years. We have a new manager who has taken a rather strong dislike to him because he does not speak. He never answers phones because he doesn’t talk, but is a lovely chap with whom I have the occasional conversation in broken sign. One day the phone rings.)

Manager: *eyes the phone and then the picker* “[Picker], you answer the phone. Now!”

(The picker looks confused and begins to sign ‘No.’ However, the manager interrupts.)

Manager: “I don’t give a s***! It’s about time you did some work around here! Now answer that phone before I sack you on the spot!”

(The picker looks distraught and continues to attempt to explain via sign that he cannot speak, but the manager ignores him. After a few rings, he very slowly and reluctantly picks up the phone, nearly in tears. He puts it to his ear and someone starts speaking. However, as soon as they do, he starts to press one of the numbers on the phone-pad.)

Manager: “What the h*** do you think you’re doing!?”

(The picker ignores her and continues to press the button over and over. After a short time he puts the phone down, turns around, and walks off.)

Manager: “HOW DARE YOU WASTE A CUSTOMER’S TIME AND WALK AWAY FROM ME WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU! YOU’RE FIRED! GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE YOU F****** S***!”

(At this point the picker has walked away, and my coworker and I both feel bad for not interjecting. About half an hour later, the picker walks back into the room, followed by a man in a Hawaiian shirt. The picker says something in sign to the new man before pointing to the manager. The new man turns to the manager.)

Man: “You must be [Manager]. I had hoped to meet you under better circumstances, but instead it appears I will be meeting you under the guise of giving you your P45. My name is [Company CEO] and this is my brother, [Picker]. What you just did counts as discrimination against a worker. It was just cruel and completely out of line. I expect you to be out of this building within the next ten minutes; otherwise I’m going to call the police and have you forcefully ejected.”

(The manager’s face goes sheet white and she begins to stammer an apology, but the CEO has none of it and turfs her out. He double-checks with us as to what happened and checks the CCTV. Turns out he had been ringing into the office on his day off to make sure everything was all right and ended up having a conversation in Morse code over the telephone!)

Because obviously a CEO's brother is so poor he can't afford a smartphone with texting and thus needs to use Morse.

• Locked thread