Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alter Ego posted:

Every time I see another one of those troper STDHs I can't think of anything except the Unsullied from Game of Thrones.

"This troper is pleased to have served you, Great Master."

Why can't they just use the pronoun I? Is it part of that whole "special unique snowflake" thing they have going on?

It's against rules to share personal theories or whatever, so idiots used 'this troper' to get around this rule. Later on, all 'this troper' nonsense was moved from main articles to other sections like Wild Mass Guessing or Fridge Brilliance.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

quote:

So this semester I lost my full ride scholarship and got kicked out of my university.
I became incredibly depressed and ashamed. I contemplated suicide and it was really dark for me. I figured that before I went home for the summer I would do it (Golden Gate Bridge)
Then a new Naxxramas card came out, and I almost sarcastically thought that its too bad that I wouldn't get to see the Naxxramas expansion. Then I realized that this could be applied to my entire life. I could miss out on so much. Even my worst case scenario is that I get a crappy job and live in a crappy house. But I would at least get to experience tons of stuff where money and a degree aren't necessary.
I guess nobody may care. But I figured I may throw that out here
TL;DR Life is a F2P game. Money is only useful for card backs ;)

I am pretty sure it didn't happen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

silencekit posted:

"I check him out..."

Heh, I'll bet you do.

But yeah, none of that ever happened. Also, the details kinda read like the guy Clark Kents his sweater open to reveal a Catholic priest's collar. It's always seemed to me that the Bible belt assholes were Southern Baptists, no? Although I guess maybe it could be that this story is like an ad for the Catholic church.

Bonus: super colonialist/racist/"magical negro" shit_that_didn't_happen.txt:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(philosophy)
Oh, so that's why Ubuntu is called that, huh?

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 21:27 on May 16, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

York_M_Chan posted:

Sorry if this is a repost but haven't seen in yet

I love the generic "well-known speaker" at nondescript seminar.

If he'd wiped his arse with the bill, I wouldn't take it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Farmland Park posted:

To end credit card chat I have this toughguy.txt revenge fantasy from an expat forum

All those stories start as pretty believable, but then the protagonists becomes a sex guru superman against all odds all of a sudden. I bet this guy was hit, humiliated (IN BROKEN ENGLISH) and couldn't do anything about it. The story is considerably unusual not to share, but too shameful to tell unaltered.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Amy Lee reads like Borjes' 'Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius', only with people that also exist in our world. It's art.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Unexpected Road posted:

Ok, I know nothing about waiting tables or how they get their tips besides putting cash in their pockets/aprons/whatever so I have to ask, how exactly does this person walk out with less money than they started because the customers didn't tip?

She's actually not a very good waitress, so she probably smashed some plates.

Waiting a whole month because someone didn't tip is so idiotic, though, that it hardly matters. They didn't even remember her. They probably thought that she just changed her mind with the car, which happens ten times a day. Surely, she'd want them to remember her and should have gone there the very next day. I understand creating a story where you serve everyone some sick burns in the end, but this one is so anti-climactic, I actually suspect it might have happened.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

How in the holy gently caress does knowing other languages make you mix up words in English? When I read the first paragraph I assumed they would say something like "oh hi I really need to get my coche from the garage." This сказка is mierda.

E: and :lol: at "fluent in several other languages." I'm guessing Japanese learned through anime.

Nah, I'm multilingual and it's not unusual for me to forget a word in my native language and use bad translation instead. A pretty common thing if you have to switch between languages a lot. The story itself is pretty dull, though. He should have made the police involved or something.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Reddit is a shithole.

I am ~flabbergasted~

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tunicate posted:

I give this story a truthfulness of [number].

Totally happened to me, but with Hitler instead of Stalin. And with hate instead of love.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jodai posted:

So did you receive a [highest mark]?

No, but a nazi sympathiser did receive a [fail grade].

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Atmus posted:

Are married lesbians such a problem in Germany that they need extra cops specifically for them?

It's a subdivision of :cumpolice:.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXCjIy6iUsE

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lowly posted:

Where is that thread? I could really use something like that about now.

Meanwhile, on tumblr:

Minus creativity points for:

- No standing ovation from the women across the way
- Alternately, the women across the way do not burst into a round of "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- No one notices her heroics and proposes marriage

And then the guy put on his fedora and posted on an MRA forum about another horrifying act of misandry.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Unreal unfunny things that no one fitting a stereotype has said.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The sad part is that since Japanese names start with surnames those two have same lame given names.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And that teacher? Tara Strong.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Minarch posted:

Wait, if you only speak Swedish and English, then how did you interpret this ridiculous diatribe spoken in ~~fluent Italian~~?

His imaginary colleague translated it to him in meticulous detail afterwards, obviously.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

razorrozar posted:

Tell me more about how your special snowflake is the specialest :allears:

You can even see them both reflected in the tap. Totally legit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The real stdh part here is that a five-year-old wouldn't be able to reach all the way to turn the water on.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elysiume posted:

For anyone who doesn't want to copy/paste that warcrime of a URL:

A photo of Reagan is a nice touch. Do people really do this in America?

Also, why couldn't the wife pay?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That's totally fake, because girls don't play video games. HEY-OH!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sweeperbravo posted:

He loves [Anime]

For Christ's sake

I never understood this. Do they think someone might doxx them just by anime they were cosplaying? I mean, it didn't happen anyway, so why not just mention any popular anime?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This one didn't use [pizza brand], so it reads more like shifty ad gimmick.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bringmyfishback posted:

I just love this sentence.

Also, my migraines tend to happen "in" my left eye.

She might have been bi or even one of those tumblr sexualities like asexual, so her logic is bollocks.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Serperoth posted:

Wow look at all these people in the thread who haven't played Popular New Visual Novel Series, and consider themselves Popular New Japanese Media Series fans.

I actually went to [city, country] and attended [convention] to meet [popular artist], so from their Q&A I learned a couple of things about Popular New Japanese Entertainment Franchise that most Western fans are not even aware of. I posted it on [site] and you can easily [search engine] it if you want proof.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Khazar-khum posted:

The Ultimate reward for an interesting resume.

It reads like something from a Simpsons episode down to an unrealistic number of wars Abe Simpson has survived due to show's existing 25 years without aging anyone.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'll have you know I am a gamer and therefore possess intellectual superpowers. Fear me, female.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yes, I have a feeling that his boss was laughing at him, while his colleague just couldn't understand his reaction to innocent small talk.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Imaduck posted:

I don't even understand this persecution complex. It's loving 2014. You're a weirdo if you don't play games on your phone.

But you see, those pesky broads are only interested in dresses and jewelry. They can never appreciate a man of reason.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bargearse posted:

Something tells me this didn't happen exactly the way we're told it did.

'Bless you, motherfucker.'
'You're going to the principal's office this instant, young lady!'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are they still allowed to say 'tedious poo poo' instead of 'boring stuff' and 'get smashed' instead of 'hang out'?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aston posted:

This article has popped up on my facebook page, about a professor at Oxford University giving an atheist lecture and a hundred students walking out. Maybe it did happen, but something definitely rings false about it.

Also her writing style really irritates me, I can't put my finger on why it but it sounds like a teenager.

I'm surprised they all didn't leave on the fatkini part.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Torquemada posted:

Liked this morning by two people on facebook...

Where is my 'dislike' button, Zuckerberg you prick.

Beep-boop, I'm reading an outstanding literary piece set in the magical land of Albion and filled from front to back with ghastly thrills and mysterious happenings, you pleb. Begone!

Hurf-durf, women stupid. Oh no, I poo poo pants.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The mother in this story was probably doing the right thing explaining that the boy won't like the toy from the pink one and it would be waste of money. My 4-years-old nephew once talked me into buying him a pink Kinder Surprise and he almost ended up crying because of this shoddy Barbie doll. On the other hand, I wouldn't buy it for a girl either.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Wait, Dr Who is aimed at an "older audience?" Are there dalek sex scenes I don't know about? I'm fairly certain that the show is supposed to be a family show aimed at all ages, and has always been the case ever since the very first series.

But, then again, this is stdh-land where people complain that popular show is popular.

You see. there are gay characters here and there, so the show's extremely progressive and mature. Even if it's a lizard lady married to her handmaid and they live in Victorian England and are real-life prototypes for Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rahonavis posted:

Less Doctor Who STDH, more Disney STDH.

"My little sister is so Goddamn special!!!"

Hello, little girl, where are you parents? Oh, I'm Joe Disney. Why don't you sing me a song? Oops, I think I can see your dad, I have to go.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'A girl makes a joke, lol. What an idiot.'

I think this one has actually happened, but the author is dumb as a bag of hammers.

canyoneer posted:

Yeah man, this cop totally tazed me on accident when I was a vigilante hero, and to apologize gave me a cake with a picture of a cop tasing another cop.

The thing is this cop is their dad.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 10:37 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Crime pays, kids.

• Locked thread