Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Glorified Scrivener posted:

The University in the town where I live is dealing with budget cuts and while the comments section of the local newspaper's website always contains a rich vein of STDH, today they struck gold on a story about the University Library.

This reminds me of how in grade school there was the kid whose uncle works for Nintendo and by high school that same kid had a company interested in his program he can't show anyone.

As a platoon commander who has led soldiers in Afghanistan, I have nothing better to do than put tires in trees.
I love how the only two options are 'don't say anything' or 'ruin a man's life' - no first trying to just tell him to stop.

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Schoolyard Style

York_M_Chan has a new favorite as of 19:38 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Sorry if this is a repost but haven't seen in yet

quote:

A well-known speaker started off his seminar holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this."

He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants it...?" Still the hands were up in the air. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We may feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE.

You are special-Don't EVER forget it." If you do not pass this on, you may never know the lives it touches, the hurting hearts it speaks to, or the hope that it may bring. Count your blessings, not your problems

I love the generic "well-known speaker" at nondescript seminar.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr6aHi98iGI

This has popped up a few times on my FB feed today.

It just comes off so scripted and inhuman. And the religious undertones make this all feel like an anti-abortion ad. If I am wrong, I'm sorry. But if they faked a miscarriage just for internet hits.... Well I only know one other person who would use a miscarriage for internet fame. B^U

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

That miscarriage couple's story is getting weirder and weirder:
http://gawker.com/christian-vlogger...dium=socialflow

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Why do STDH stories always leave out proper nouns? "A small airport in Louisburg" - good thing he didn't say which small airport in Louisburg.

• Locked thread