Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

That annoying buzzsaw sound they play whenever something "shocking" happens on any reality TV show ever. I noticed it once and now I can't stop!

How about the bass BEEERRRRwwwwww whenever there is a slow-motion shot. I hate that so much or rather just how so many movies with huge budgets have such terrible sound design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
While we're on Star Wars here's something I don't understand: why bother with a death star? It would take trillions of $Space, why not just nuke 'em? Failing that pushing asteroids into a planet or causing seismic activity, both seem like ideas that would be magnitudes cheaper than a death star.

I mean what are they the American military?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Mans posted:

What would a deaf person hear in his mind when he reads ROMANTIC POP SONG?

Nothing? I guess it would be better for the hearing impaired or those who used to be able to hear, then it would be worth adding the title.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

In Trailer Park Boys what happened to Randy and Lucy's baby? I assume they put the kid at the end of season 7 because they didn't expect to do any more but he shows up in a movie and then disappears never to be mentioned again.

Also what about J-Roc's kids from the same season? In season 9 he has a different kid he didn't know about that raps. I just don't think the writers of Trailer Park Boys really thought through their canon :colbert:

To me it seems like they always expected to end the series, then they got more episodes and didn't know how to write for this new stuff, so they just thought 'gently caress it'. TPB is a clusterfuck like that.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

Goku could lift it.

Well he can ride the nimbus, but I don't know if that translates into being worthy.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

effervescible posted:

It was Sean Astin. They included that incident on the DVD extras so you can see him limp out.

Yeah, you can see him pause and think Oh no, this aint right.

Such bad luck though, as gross as NZ and its rivers can be, glass isn't something I'd ever heard of as a problem in rivers before that film.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Krinkle posted:

I was an american in an english primary school and my teachers gave me no end of poo poo for changing utensils from whatever the gently caress hand I felt like at any moment.

I don't trust my left hand to do poo poo, not to handle a knife, not to point metal tines at my face and move closer to my face, nothing. My left hand is a unthinking clamp I use when there's nothing more suitable around.

Knife only needs to go back and forth, so it gets the non-dominant hand.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Cage posted:

That doesn't look like an elevator. :confused:

Though it elevates?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Agents of Shield season 3 ep 5 (?)

We get the very nice episode of Fitz going all-out to save Simmons. It's very touching and a great resurgence for the character after his brain was broken.
Then we get the same story from Simmon's perspective and all the hell she went through on the alien planet.
The episode is titled something like "47,550 Hours" because that's how long she was stranded.
My IMM is that she uses her cellphone to record notes of her progress and to watch saved video of her friends to keep her sane. I'm bad at math but how did a phone battery last over five years and then have enough juice to power an old NASA computer at the end?
She does say that Fitz "engineered it to last a long time" but that's loving magic.

It's irrational because it was a good pair of episodes set in a universe with literal magic.

I double checked and it's 4,722 hours. Still impressive!

Doesn't she mention that Fitz put in some sort of high tech super long lived battery?

Edit: I'm durr.

Bushmaori has a new favorite as of 02:58 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Explain what you mean without a Family Guy quote.

Like Tarantino constantly jerking himself off?