Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

mind the walrus posted:

The more I read about LUCY the less it sounds like a movie and more like a proof-of-concept that people would pay to watch Scar-Jo as the lead in an action movie for 2 hours no matter how stupid the movie surrounding it was.

When I watched Lucy I thought, "Luc Besson really dug Akira."
As for the "why not do clinical trials?" I believe the one guy that was given the drug early in the film died when he got a little too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Vahakyla posted:

This was early in Walking Dead, but it really annoys me how the Governor just overran the National Guard. They were a unit trained for fighting and had fought plenty already, how'd they get overrun like that?

I'm almost willing to let it slide since "National Guard" doesn't always equal "infantry." The National Guard statoined where I grew up was an artillery unit, so my guess is that their skills with small arms/infantry tactics aren't as great compared to the infantry National Guard unit where I live now.

Speaking of The Walking Dead, It's established at the CDC that everybody is infected and will turn when they die, but I'm still bugged that the guys from Terminus all freak out when they find out Tom is infected when they start chowing own on his leg. It's not like they're eating decayed zombie flesh; Tom's living & breathing (for the time being). I know it's really an issue of us the viewers knowing more than the characters, hence the "irrationally irritating."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

muscles like this? posted:

Its always kind of nuts seeing some "before they were famous" parts. Like Tom Hardy plays 7th Ranger SPC Lance Twombly in Black Hawk Down.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

sharts posted:

time travel does not exist

Au contraire! :nws:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Also, Scorcese gets to do some fun things with narration, like in Wolf of Wall Street:
:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tX40xe2cnw&t=44s
"No no no no no. My Ferrari was white, like Don Johnson's in Miami Vice."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
But Shadowcat is Jewish & is integral to the whole time travel shenanigans...

I with they just used another mutant instead of giving Kitty that stupid astral time travel ability.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Like how Mike Nelson has Roadhouse as his barometer for deciding whether a movie is good or not, Swordfish is how I judge all movies.
:buddy: : "Man, Birdman was great!"
:colbert: "Yeah, but was it better than Swordfish?"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Saw Chappie this weekend...

For a defense contractor making nigh-indestructible robots and mini-mechas, Tetravaal has the worst security in the world. The "guardkey" USB plug, robotic components, high-explosives, and guns, these all make their way out of Tetravaal's compound throughout the course of the movie, without ANY real oversight.

My gripe with Chappie is how Vincent Moore (Hugh Jackman's character) keeps trying to sell his Moose project to Tetravaal for police use. Realistically Tetravaal should be marketing that to the military & let that stuff trickle down to local law enforcement (like how current US LEO's do it through their DHS budgeting).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
How soon we forget the genius of the nü-metal God Fred Durst.

Limp Bizkit posted:

Now I know y'all be lovin' this poo poo right here,
L. I. M. P bizkit is right here.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Celery Face posted:

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry is probably the most homophobic (the gay characters are all flaming sexual predators) movie that came out in the past 10 years. Then again, it's a Sandler movie and it also has Rob Schneider in yellowface.

Since Rob Schneider is half Filipino, can you really call that stereotype "yellowface?"

Don't get me wrong. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is still a bad movie, and Rob Schneider is a bad actor.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Speaking of Adam Sandler films, Bedtime Stories was on the gym's tv. I now believe Sandler is a real-life demotivational poster as it was really hard to get through my daily PT watching that dreck.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
We do, but 1: We don't talk about it, and 2: we do not talk about it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I really want Marvel Movie Thor to team up with Loki to retake Mjölnir by dressing up as a woman & pretending to be a bride to a giant.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Cowslips Warren posted:

But lots of times they arrest innocent people first, and even then the defense attorneys are seen as scum-sucking vermin.

Is Saul Goodman the only sleazy defense lawyer that isn't a totally bad person?

How soon we forget a national treasure, straight from the early 2000's…

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I hope Golan takes off, because that would mean steady work for SA forums superstar Crosshatch.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I just figured Owen's 45-70 is more than enough to take down a raptor, but it's not going to be effective against a genetically engineered super-dinosaur.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The plague in Interstellar had its origins from the neurotoxin from The Happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The 1st time the T1000 met Sarah was in the hallway of the mental institution, and she was at most screaming at the sight of the T800. It still holds up for it to tell Sarah to call to John so that it could mimic her voice. I guess he was still smart enough/had enough processing power to mimic her after hearing her just say "gently caress you."

(poo poo quality, but it's the only lines Sarah speaks to the T1000).
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp2evTXi49s

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grendels Dad posted:

My IIMM with Desperado is when Antonio's band mates show up and wreck poo poo and then die. Those two guys were really cool but then kind of died like chumps and Antonio did not care at all.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Nothing about his character implies that he's prone to giving fucks though

Ah, but there was one gently caress he did give in the movie...

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Empty containers IMM chat:

Battle: Los Angeles had scenes of Marines running around with rucks/backpacks supposedly filled. The way they lightly bounced around on their shoulders made me realize they were filled with light packing material instead of actual stuff a person would need in a battlefield.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTDUYrImooM
Around the 1:20 mark. Sorry for the small size but I noticed it on the big screen & it bothered me.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My IIMM of The Martian is that Watney bothers shaving during his time on Mars, then shaves what he did grow before meeting up with the Ares III.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Oddly enough, my irrationally irritating moment from The Martian was when they were trying to simulate weightlessness on the ship. I guess Gravity spoiled me when it comes to people moving about in space.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hey, those doors ain't cheap. And with Hammond gone, they spare every expense they can.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

ultrabindu posted:

Not the whole thing but have a few videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pjThvRQ0gs
:psylon: "Come quietly or there will be… trouble."
:human being: "Yeah…" (pumps shotgun) "FOR YOU!"
I never knew that there was a swear word until I saw the unedited version in my early 20's. Then it became a little in-joke between me & my friends.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember going to Walmart the morning of the premiere of the 1998 Godzilla film & seeing the monster toy was accidentally out. I was so :flaccid: at its appearance I knew the movie was going to be rubbish. And I was right!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My IMM of The Force Awakens is how jagged the blaster bolts are. When Ken force stops a blaster shot it's really apparent.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Is it me or is it implied Nein Numb died at the battle at the Starkiller base?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I realize that Adam Driver reminds me too much of Marilyn Manson, which totally makes it worse.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Plot twist: it's Walter Goggins' feet.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Esroc posted:

It's been almost 40 years and there are people that still don't realize that Star Wars is fantasy not sci-fi. Just replace lasers with magic missles and aliens with demon monsters. It'll save you a lot of irrational headaches.

That brings up another somewhat IIMM: Neil loving DeGrasse Tyson chirping about all the science that's wrong in Star Wars. I bet he secretly enjoyed midichlorians used to explain The Force. :rolleyes:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Melee stormtrooper usurping Phasma is so :biotruths: that he should have been wearing a fedora.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pathfinder?!?
:frogout:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That someone was Monica Bellucci & he was torturing her by placing the hot barrel from his freshly-fired gun between her legs. :stare:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Viacom already blocked it. :argh:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Really? They're changing her race with CGI? That sounds... hard to believe? But I'd also love for it to happen just to see the reaction.

Screen Crush stands by the claims from their sources. At this point with all the bad press this movie's getting I'd be surprised if this film does well at all.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Guy Mann posted:

And asian men can lurk on the internet posting greasy awkward screeds about how Hollywood needs more asian dudes making out with whiteany women because their boner equalitytotal desperation for any form of representation.

For a while I was thinking Jet Li & Aaliyah in Romeo Must Die was one of the few movies where there was a romantic moment featuring an Asian male lead, but...

Wikipedia posted:

According to the documentary The Slanted Screen, Han and Trish were supposed to have a kissing scene, which explains the title of Romeo, but this was met with derision from a pre-screening with an urban audience.[3] Jet Li stated on his personal website that they had filmed both versions of the scene (with kiss and without), and decided to use the one without instead because it would be "somewhat strange and awkward" for Han to have witnessed his father's suicide and then to come out and kiss someone.[4]

Upon thinking on it, I realize the last movies I saw where an Asian male lead gets the girl are the Harold & Kumar movies.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I haven't factored Jessica Jones or The Walking Dead in my thoughts of mixed-race relationships because this is the Irrationally Irritating Movie Moments. :v: I also haven't caught up on my Fast & Furious movies so I haven't seen all the current racial diversity that franchise has.

I'm watching Last Action Hero right now and my IIMM is that this movie should be a lot better than it ended up being. :(

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

[insert almost any male and female leads of any movie or show who end up getting together] seems stupid to me because it's implying that men and women can't be good friends with each other without being sexually attracted to one another.

I bet you thought I was going to post

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

oldpainless posted:

In Die Another Day Halle Berry stares at pierce brosnans dick for like 10 seconds and then says "that's a mouthful" and it's just really really bad.

Rolo posted:

Oh come on this did not happen.
I didn't believe it either until I actually looked it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml75GSIY8mw&t=123s
2:03 in.

To be fair it's only about 3 seconds and I just thought she was looking down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

cheerfullydrab posted:

The Cell is a great movie if you just focus on the experience of it. Don't know how well the effects hold up, haven't seen it in quite a while.

Yeah, I caught it again on HBO & I loved how visually striking it was. The story itself is kinda meh but it's definitely better than its sequel.