Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

Heres Hank posted:

Not to mention the idea that Batman, a strategically-minded tactician whose entire thing is finding an enemy's weakness and exploiting it (to the point that he carries around a kryptonite ring) would take one look at Bane's rebreather and NOT try to find a way to rip it off his face.

I watched that movie last night and they handled Batman pretty badly compared to the other two movies (and I've never read the comics so I can't comment on that). Like he's just standing around not doing anything a lot of the time, and the camera work is so dull as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
The best example of this is Robocop where he x-ray visions through the hostage's skirt and shoots her assailant in the dick. Dick shots erryday.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
Pro-click right there. That's hilarious

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

mng posted:

Having Brett do the typical trope of splitting from the group to find the stupid cat so it wouldn't show up on the motion detector again is definitely an irritating moment for me, even if it does fit with the theme of the xenomorph picking off the crew one by one. I definitely agree with the animals>human trope. You're being chased by a loving scary-rear end monster, who cares about Mr. Whiskers at that stage?

My favourite thing about that part is that when he's in that room by himself looking for the cat, he's looking up, and when the camera shows us what he's looking at, you can clearly see the alien hanging there (well, just it's head). And you'd think, given that he was one of the maintenance guys, he would definitely have noticed that weird organic-looking thing that shouldn't be hanging there but nah, he's just an idiot.