Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Avatar made only a tiny portion of its box office haul during the re-release. $10 million from re-release vs. 750 million domestically and 33 million vs. 2.8 billion globally.

Avatar was insanely popular in China. My boss was over there in our Shanghai office a month or two after it came out, and one day he casually suggested that they all go see it that afternoon as a teambuilding thing. Cue nervous laughter from the locals, and when pressed, the explanation that if you wanted to get into a showing of that movie, you had to buy tickets days to weeks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I was annoyed with Army of the Dead because I thought it was a sequel to Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake and I thought maybe they'd go into what happened on that island at the end.

Nope, just some road head .

I felt like the credits to Dawn of the Dead were pretty clear about what happened on the island at the end. Everybody got eaten. There is no escape from consumerism.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, now I'm convinced in like a thousand years or so when the post-collapse remnants of humanity stumble upon the WIPP they'll read the warning that's it's not a place of honor and then happily open it because obviously, the Lybz (a popular boogeyman of myth) are hiding freedom in there or something.

Or they do believe there's something dangerous there, and they try to dig it up so they can throw it at their enemies.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

My IMM is in the latest season of Stranger Things, which has them rolling dice Vegas style during their D&D montage. Which, ok, fine, but why the gently caress are they rolling a d20 and a d4 in the same throw? Or a d8 and a d12? THAT'S NOT HOW D&D WORKS! /nerdrage

I realize this is irrational nitpicking, but that's what this thread is for.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

The answer is always "house rules"

Lol, yeah. I did play D&D in that era and we never rolled damage along with the hit roll, but it does make sense.

Also LOL at the nerd stampede. I mostly lurk and this is the most responses I've ever gotten in my SA (poo poo)posting career. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

as to why they havent destroyed us, right now in real life present time? our poo poo is weak.

The asteroids are already on the way.

Azathoth Prime has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Mar 29, 2024