Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

I can't remember a specific example from a movie, but I've seen it all over the place. Someone is trying to prove something to someone else, and they just totally omit some easy or crucial piece of evidence that would prove it. In Continuum, Kiera was trying to convince Carlos that she's from the future. She fails to prove it to him, and he leaves, angry. Meanwhile she's sitting there in her future-suit that lets her turn invisible and fully blocks bullets with her future-gun that unfolds and is basically magic. It's not like someone whipping out impossible technology would lend credence to their claims of being from the future, nope.

Meet the Robinsons at least had the kid from the future SHOW the drat time machine. And use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
In the Planet of the Apes movies, why do the apes live in human-like relationships? Gorillas live in family harems. Orangutans are solitary, and chimps don't form any form of partnership. Chimps have sperm warfare built into their genes, gorillas don't. Why the hell would they mimic human monogamy?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What weirded me out about Happy Feet was that the main girl penguin wanted to marry/mate with the main boy penguin, who still had all the baby penguin markings despite being an adult. Yes yes his egg was dropped he was the odd one, but really made me go Huh.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In the Harry Potter films and books, it's made clear that the prophecy of the one who can kill Voldemort is born at this month, etc, and it's between Harry and Neville. Voldemort goes after Harry, we know how that ends. But in the case of Neville, why the gently caress did the guys sent to kill him torture his parents to insanity and not loving kill the kid at all? You'd think at best they'd murder the kid and THEN torture his parents, but somehow the bad guys seem to forget their orders to loving murder the baby entirely.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen all of Season 4 Game of Thrones yet, but is there ever an explanation as to why the Targarean kids, Dany and her brother, weren't taken in by the enemies of the Lannisters, say, Elia Martell's family, when they were kids or even teenagers? As much as a lot of people hated the Mad King, you'd think someone from Elia's family or anyone who hated the Lannisters would have been all about seizing those kids and grooming them into figureheads, rather than the kids essentially being beggars for years.

Took a break from Frozen with the kids and watched Rise of the Guardians. Okay movie, but I found it very odd that the bad guy, the Boogeyman Pitch, had the little monologue about how he knew how Jack Frost felt, being alone and unseen, and how he didn't want to be that way himself anymore, maybe HE wanted friends and a family. It just felt weird and out of place and made him a far more sympathetic character than pretty much any of the other Guardians; all of them had helpers and some family and friends, even Jack could hang around with the others if he wanted, but Pitch was always Bad Evil Leave Him Alone. poo poo dude, I'd want to take over the world too at that point.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

Because the new King was Robert Baratheon and he hated Targaryen so much that when he found out a 13 year old Targaryen girl was still alive he sent an Assassin after her.

Basically if Dorne tried to shelter the Targ kids they would have faced war against everyone who declared Robert their King

See that always bothered me about kids, and they were kids, being on the run until they happen upon the one guy who agrees to help them and sets Dany up with Drogo. They are Targareyen kids, they look very distinct, there's no reason the Dorne people couldn't have grabbed them and hid them away in secrecy, dyed their hair, etc.

Was Robert sending assassins after the kids before she was getting married? I know he was not the brightest guy but did he even know or care about the issues with Elia Martell being murdered? She wasn't dragonspawn, etc.

quote:

When Pitch ran the world all kids had was terror and hopelessness. It's possible he's just being a manipulative dick because he can't overpower Jack like the others.

I know there's books Rise of the Guardians is based from, but only having seen the movie it seems to follow that the Man in The Moon either made or created Pitch and then later threw the Guardians in because everything being dark all the time was a drag.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I managed to keep the Red Wedding secret from my mom when we were on Season 3 GoT. She read in a waiting room magazine about Jeoffrey getting poisoned and dying in 4, so that was spoiled, but you should have heard her scream when the arrows started flying and throats were slit.

I seriously want a goddamn Greek myth movie that follows just ONE myth well. Like loving Perseus! We don't need the goddamn gods fighting, or do loving the labors of Hercules, if nothing else THE loving MINOTAUR. How hard does this poo poo have to be!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bippie Mishap posted:

You also forgot the rabbits that let themselves be killed and made their whole culture around it because they were fed.

You talking poo poo about my home, man?

They should remake watership down. But only someone like Burton would make it right and dark.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Seeing all the Toph avatars reminded me. Aang is a cute and fun-loving kid, even after the end of the series. And then there is Legend of Korra, which timeskips, what, sixty years or so? We only see Aang in flashbacks. And during flashbacks it reveals he turned into a pretty racist douche when it came to his three kids, a nonbender, a waterbender, and an airbender. To the point he would only take his airbending son off to all of these holy temples and sites and teach him history, to the point no one in any of those places had any IDEA he had other kids. Aang was so wrapped in making sure his culture survived he alienated two of his three kids and treated the one special bender as, well, the most important person ever.

gently caress, even Ozai didn't treat Azula like that. She was special but she wasn't THAT important to him. Azula was the favorite child but we weren't supposed to LIKE Ozai the way we did Aang.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My main beef is the entire time leap. Because nothing great happened in, say, the USA in between 1930 and 1990, to compare the skip in avatar. Easy to gloss it over!

Also Korra herself didn't have any of the growth aang did. She started out knowing three of the four elements before the drat show really started. Aang we watched learn and struggle.

But aang being such a bigot to his kids, seriously. The gently caress was that about? And don't get me started on the 'omg new airbenders from nothing' poo poo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In The Walking Dead, where the gently caress are all the flies? Every zombie should be full of maggots. For that poo poo, the gently caress are all the animals? Dogs, cats, loving birds?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sleepy Hollow follows one trope I wish would loving die.

Woman wants the 'simple things' in life, not things like diamonds and wonderful paintings and poo poo like that! Because they are better for it!

It plays out in a ton of movies too, especially in terms of Big City Rich Living (never desirable) and Old Town Cute and Quirky place where people are Wholesome and Kind and Supportive, not like those fuckers in the Big City.

Jesus Christ can't we ONCE have a woman who isn't playing a bad girl/villain/gold digger go, "You know what, I DO enjoy the fancy and finer things in life and won't marry that oddball scientist but instead the rich guy who treats me well even if he shows me off a little. I don't want to marry the dude who still lives a mile down the road from his parents' trailer and does odd-man jobs!" But ambition always leads to downfall and Nice Girls like the Hometown Guy.

Sleepy Hollow somewhat is guilty of 'modern views in old time movies,' but I saw it worse in poo poo like The Patriot, where, so we like the main characters, who are usually white people, who have modern views on poo poo like slavery, like they might HAVE slaves but they teach them to read and pay them and etc. gently caress, didn't Sleepy Hollow show Thomas Jefferson and his slave (who was also his dead wife's half sister) Sally Hemmings as equal lovers, rather than master and property?

This was flipped entirely in American Horror Story: Coven, where Kathy Bates plays a horrible sadistic slave owner who tortured her slaves, woke in the modern world. She vaguely got along, but when pressed she said the world was mad, the negros needed to be back in chains, and this entire place was a nuthouse and she would never believe otherwise. She had her worldview and even Barack in the White House made her cry in denial that such a thing could happen.

Did anyone else see Into the Woods? Why the hell did they pretty much axe the Baker's Father from the movie, save for one tiny scene?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mng posted:

It does fit with everything else; a lot of things haven't gotten much forethought besides "dinosaurs!"

And the tour ride isn't even ready as we see.

And we have ONE game warden/zookeeper. Of course the rest could have left on that stupid boat for whatever reason, but in my experience working at a zoo, you have one or two people who actually know what the gently caress they are doing, and the rest mostly gently caress around and sneak off to smoke.

And like the zoo, Hammond knew zilch about the animals other than they will bring in a poo poo ton of money. gently caress, rereading the book when I worked at the zoo, the zoo's owner started sounding a lot more like Hammond. And he could have been a brother to the man who played him in the movie looks-wise.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
American Horror Story is a huge offender of the opening taking way too loving long. The first few episodes it's cool to watch all the new poo poo, and then it gets boring. Okay, get it, lots of creepy loving dolls looking at you and weird shots to make a balloon look like a dick. Got it. After three or four episodes they should cut the poo poo down or just do a brief one like Breaking Bad did.

But gently caress alive no matter how many times I see GoT's opener, I want to watch it all.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

I've been watching The King of Queens because I think it's kinda funny and it's funny you bring that up because they actually juked that cliche on the episode I just finished watching. Main character Doug is hit on by a hotter, younger woman than his wife (who is herself not hard on the eyes by any means) and I rolled my eyes because immediately I knew Doug was going to fall into her hands because that's the kind of character he is. But actually, they set the episode up so that Doug feels guilty about accidentally flirting with her in his attempt to tell her that he's married, and he spends the whole thing fretting about what will happen when his wife inevitably finds out... and then when she does, she's actually not mad at him and is instead mad at the hotter, younger lady for a) being hotter and younger and b) trying to steal her husband. So then they fight and it's like yeah okay sure.

But most of the time it does play out the opposite way, yes.

I remember a King of the Hill episode when the creepy weedy and nutjob-conspiracy theorist Dale, whose wife had been cheating on him for pretty much every prior season (and in fact their son is biologically the other man's, John Redcorn) and just recently stopped, gets heavily flirted at by his new younger female coworker. Dale is totally oblivious to it, his wife is rightly upset to herself, but since she's cheated on him so much (and he has no idea) it's hard for her to judge. When the coworker finally makes her move, Dale isn't just shocked, he's downright insulted because he has the best drat wife ever and he only holds two vows he's ever made as sacred: his membership to the NRA and his wedding vows. And his wife is utterly relieved when he tells her about the entire thing.

Not sure if that is funnier or not than when Dale explains he has no problem with his father finally coming out of the closet, because "John Redcorn's gay and I've known him for years."

poo poo, everyone BUT Dale knows his wife has been cheating on him. In fact there's an episode where Dale becomes convinced their kid isn't really his kid because he was in another state when the boy was conceived. Cue several "Mom, is Dad my real dad?" questions from the kid to his mom. Dale is convinced, though, that aliens made the boy and are coming to take him back...and in Dale fashion drives the poor kid out to Roswell and tells him to call for his real parents. But Dale also being Dale, cracks and runs after the teenager, screaming at the nonexistent aliens that they can't have him back, this is HIS son.

I miss that show.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Non Serviam posted:

I was going to post about the same thing.

Also, don't watch that show at all. That last season was loving horrible.

I kept waiting for a plot to unfold. Like in Asylum, it was for the inmates to escape. In Murder House, to survive the house and the ghosts. Coven, try to survive because even the people you should be friends with will loving axe you.

But Freak Show was just flat. And sorry, the whole two-headed girl issue "Will we be separated? OH I want my own life let's get separated!" was stupid as poo poo. The Brody twins weren't two heads on a single loving body. You couldn't just cut the girls in half Solomon style without them both dying. But that seemed to be the only drive for that character. How can a show about freaks be so loving boring?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Motherfucking goddamn loving narration. Maleficient, looking at you as one of your lesser crimes. The Book of Life, seriously? For a loving kid movie about Day of the Dead, why was so much time spent with the drat kids in the museum's reactions to the story? SHOW ME THE STORY, I don't need narration or the kids exclaiming stupid things!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's mentioned in the books, but in season 1 Game of Thrones, why the gently caress does Ned Stark bring his second daughter along with him to Kings Landing? Sansa makes sense, she's going to marry the prince. But Arya? The girl who never listens and is always causing problems, the gently caress do you bring her to a city where she will have no handlers?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For Hogwarts, wasn't there some mention in the books that the stupid Sorting Hat could be bribed/convinced to put you in another house, like it did with Harry, and also it could choose your house on the idea that you might, I don't know, grow into it? Which was how Wormtail Ratface (seriously how the gently caress is Wormtail an affectionate nickname? No wonder he sold the Potters out.) ended up in the Hero house.

Hero, Bad Bad Bad People, Smart People, Stupid Helpful People houses.

I always thought the love potions were really loving creepy, especially when, you know, throw in the shapeshifting spells and memory erasing and rape is so easy. gently caress alive, when they figured out that love potion and rape was how Voldemort was loving conceived, why didn't someone say hey, no more love potions, you guys, this poo poo is bad!

I really wish GoT season four had included the Tysha explanation from the books. It would have explained just why Tyrion hunted down his dad other than 'the fans expect this so kinda make it good!'

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Totally stupid because I know you can't keep everything from the book when going to a movie, but two things in We Need To Talk About Kevin stand out:

1. The pet Kevin loving shoves in the garbage disposal is a shrew in the book, and I laughed out loud because no one, loving no one would have that as a pet. But fine, whatever. In the movie, it's a guinea pig. Which are about ten times the size, the pig shown is near adult, and oh yeah, unless Kevin killed it first and then shoved it down the disposal, the noise would wake the dead. Cavies aren't known for being quiet; open the fridge across the house and they squeal like mad until they get some food.

2. The kid in the wheelchair is explained only in the book, that two people Kevin tried to kill survive. The movie shows none of the kids he targets, or why, or how he sets up his act, other than the bike locks. It looks like he just randomly goes to school one day and attacks a gym full of kids. Which makes no sense with a bow and arrow. The book made it clear how he picked only a handful of kids, and a teacher, specifically, and set them up. Severe premeditation. In the movie he just seems to buy the locks and do the shooting for no real reason.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Rewatching Game of Thrones.

How did Littlefinger not recognize Arya Stark when she was in the burned out castle and was serving as a cupbearer? I know she looks nothing like her sister but of all people Littlefinger should know. Along similar lines, other than the girls, do the younger Stark boys have any idea about the Red Wedding happening? I can't remember Bran talking about it at all but compared to other characters his is kinda forgettable.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jaramin posted:

He did recognize her, he just didn't rat her out because he had the hots for her mom(and sister) and knew Tywin would find a particularly unpleasant way to kill her if he did.

But if I remember right, weren't the Lannisters still trying to trade the girls for Jamie? Actually having them both meant they could do the trade.

Or was Littlefinger already working for the Tyrells at that point and pretty much gave no shits about the Lannisters having the girls?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

The experiments were illegal so they had their base in international waters. Alternative answer, they built a giant James Bond Villain underwater lair because it is cool and they could?

My irritation with that movie lies with the nature of the sharks' intelligence. A high IQ or whatever doesn't magically make you know what doors are.

Not to mention that sharks DO get cancer. And brain cancer as well. If I remember right Head Bitch of the lab was all about finding a cure for Alzeihmers or cancer and making giant shark brains was the key.

Wasn't the original ending having her survive, and the cook guy die instead? I read that test audiences hated it, so they reshot it so the Head Bitch died instead.

The movie did have some decent death scenes. But the sharks were horrible CGI and poo poo, just seeing their size made me laugh hard enough to piss. A shark that size would be eating grown whales. I wish they'd have done a feeding time shot. Illegally whaling to feed the giant sharks would have been the icing on the poo poo cake.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pidmon posted:

Wait what? I thought that show ensed with George absorbing the evil soul of the abusive ex, getting shiny fingernails, then frustrating the poo poo out of me.

Also an annoying movie thing that might be rational: I've been looking forward to Book of Life since it came out in the states and it finally came out april 2nd. There's only two showings a day and they're both before noon. And here i wanted an excuse to take my mum to dinner and admit to being trans...

Basically I understand 1000% why so many Aussies pirate movies.

I will save you the trip: don't waste your time. It looks pretty and flashy, which it is, but the story is spoonfed to you (there are about four or five scenes where it cuts from the main story to the narrator telling kids the story and their various reactions. Because you NEED to be told when something is sad!) and overall it sucks. Nice animation, but lots of movies have that.

Excessive narration, is there EVER a good time for it?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
With all the remakes and sequels coming out, why the gently caress has no one remade Logan's Run?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In Game of Thrones, episode Kill The Boy, why does Ramsey Bolton look anxious/pissed that his stepmom is pregnant? He's a legal Bolton now, wouldn't any kid that is born to his dad now fall to be the second son while he'd be the first? Or do legalized bastards somehow skip the line of inheriting poo poo? I thought that was the main point to being legitimate. Or it is just because Ramsey is a loving nutter.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

That just sounds like a problem that wouldn't exist if AoS was just able to use the X-Men, and was able to send people off to them for training. They don't have at least one mutant member of Shield that they could assign as a teacher?

See Disney's Frozen as well. The best way to be safe from your powers is to never ever ever loving use them?

The stupid rock trolls aside, the main WTF in Frozen was why the parents kept Anna in the castle too. She didn't have magic powers. Why not send her off to a princess boarding school or to live with relatives, rather than keep her locked up in a massive castle with her parents and a few servants to interact with?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn Facebook is blowing up about Game of Thrones this week.

And it's all about Sansa and her wedding night. Now, call me a moron, but did people really expect anything else? It's not like Ramsay was going to flip over a new leaf and be sweet to her: she knows he wants a heir loving right now and she's heard horrible poo poo and seen what he did to Theon, so yeah, I doubt anyone had any reason to think things would work out okay. Where was all the 'THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR" poo poo about rape when Dany was suffering in her marriage? Also there was a ton more nudity in the Dany rape scenes. But it is kinda funny that so many people are screaming they are done watching the show because of this when they had no issues with rape in other scenes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah and honestly walking out of the theaters that was the first comic book movie where I said "that story actually felt like something you'd read in a comic book". Which is a good thing.

The rest are all hollywood action movies using comic characters. Days of future past actually goes all the way with the comic style, and its better for it.

They still changed many of the plot elements from the comics (it was Kitty Pryde herself who did the time travel in the comics, but it makes sense to cast fan-favorite Wolverine in the spot and have her just kinda help out) but it kept the same feel which is important.

You have to expect it coming with Ramsay, but that didn't make it any easier to watch.

Somehow more uncomfortable for me than Daenerys and Khal Drogo. I'm not raging on facebook or anything, but I probably could have done without that.

I don't know, Drogo and Dany was hard to watch. And the rapes of Craster's wives, and the attack on the sheep people village where Dany is appalled that, gasp, the women taken captive are raped. gently caress, even Roslin Frey had tears when the word bedding was announced. Sansa knew what she was getting into and at the very least there was far less visual than with the other rapes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

KozmoNaut posted:

I saw it as adding insult to injury.

Sansa hates Theon, and Theon is haunted by the things he did to her family when he took Winterfell. So by making him watch, Ramsay's further asserting his dominance over both of them.

It amuses me that people are still raving about two particular scenes of rape and how this went over the line, when it's loving season 5 and in season one alone they show rape, incest, attempted child murder, more incest....and that's just the first episode!

Seriously you cannot apply modern day social norms to Game of Thrones or any movie based loosely in nonfictional history, like about slavery. I hate it when people try to. By GoT and gently caress, even some places present day, once a woman is married her husband cannot legally rape her because that entire body is his to do with as he wants. It doesn't make it right. But no one claimed Ramsay was a good guy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So to hopefully get away from Sansarapchat....grayscale. it's transmitted by touch, right? Not touch of the infected site, just a touch in general? So if anyone with active grayscale touches anything, like rope, clothes, people, the disease/fungus is passed along. So anyone who goes near the ruins of Valyria should get infected right off, that poo poo has to be on every rock and every drop of water. In short Jorah has it, Tyrion has it, the slavers who met them got it, everyone they come into contact with is loving doomed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If I remember right that was a point in a Discworld book, where the girl was the werewolf and the guy human, and she was fine with him seeing her in either form, but no stages in between. I always took it to be a more extreme version of you waking up, sneaking out of bed to freshen up, and then get back into bed before your partner wakes up, so they don't see you at your worst moment.

gently caress, it would look like a mix of a car accident and a torture rack to an outsider. Ever watch a snake eat a very fat mouse or rat? Watching the jaws work and the bulge go down freaks out some people, and usually there's not a lot of blood and actual muscles ripping.

Discworld also had the good point that a werewolf is a lot worse than a human or a wolf: the strength and speed and loving teeth of a wolf, and the mind of a human. Humans are not nice creatures sometimes. Throw on super speed and strength and we got something intense.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Has Disney released any promo images of whatever white girl they have to play Mulan yet?

My first beef with the Human Centipede is that a centipede is a loving carnivore, it's loving millipedes who eat half-rotten food, and rarely poo poo. But the dude was clearly crazy so maybe he missed basic biology.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Well SVU is the one where every case is sex crimes.

You probably don't want to make the rapist's side sympathetic on network TV.

But lots of times they arrest innocent people first, and even then the defense attorneys are seen as scum-sucking vermin.

Is Saul Goodman the only sleazy defense lawyer that isn't a totally bad person?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"Insane-asaurus Rex is the FIRST genetically engineered dinosaur!"

No it's not. Every dino in the JP franchise is part loving frog. So no, they are not 'pure' dinosaurs. All of them have been genetically engineered.

I'd like to see a GOOD Lantern Corps movie. Dex-Starr would be awesome.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

Possibly bitter from the divorce. Because they were married, in real life. And then divorced. And then the producers/writers/whoever wanted to put an incest angle into the show. Yeah.

Dexter got real, real bad.

drat. I think watching Dexter as a series would be a bad idea then, or can you cut it off at some point and still have it end satisfactorily?

Finale of GoT: Not so much the end itself, boo hoo, Jon Snow knows nothing and is killed, but so many people flipping out that he's dead, when there's the loving priestess at the wall now, and we've seen people come back from the dead before. Until they burn his body, he's not dead dead. But compared to shows like AHS Coven, where someone was brought back every other week, at least GoT seems to use the 'non wight resurrection' sparingly.

If the mystery of his parents' real identities is never resolved, that'd be kinda cool as well, since his mother was last even spoken of way back in season 1, and the reason the writers omitted Tysha's crucial mention in 4 was because 'no one will remember that from so many seasons ago.'

Edit: Season 5 overall was good, but I still am wondering wtf was the point of that incomplete flashback with Cercei and the witch. Why bother showing HALF the prophecy she was told in the books, when the entire thing could have taken less than two more minutes and made so much more sense than what amounted to a timefiller?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Got the kids hooked onto 90's cartoons, and Gargoyles is in now.

I didn't have a good answer, but in City of Stone when we see all of Demona's backstory, the kids wanted to know just why the hell she kept away from the castle when she saw Goliath at the sight of the massacre? She knew drat well what had happened, heard and saw he was alive...and she didn't go to him at all, instead she hid. And when she came back later he was stone, oh, and the humans she hated so much are packing up the clan's eggs, the only thing left of her family. And still she stays back and does jack all. I used the excuse she was in shock over the deaths of everyone but the kid mentioned she KNEW everyone would be dead since she didn't do her part of the deal, IE, get every gargoyle the gently caress away.

Sometimes it sucks having smart kids around.

Am I the only one who thought JK Rowling shot herself in the foot when she wrapped up the Harry Potter movies (and books) with that stupid 'here is everyone married and with kids and shoehorned names in' crap? It would have opened the series up for more things, and the movies themselves were pretty okay.

Also, oglaf has a good comic about why we don't summon the eagles in LOTR: You don't want to be riding one when they forget you're there and see a tasty snack on their backs.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's been a long time since I saw it, but I think she was afraid Goliath knew that she sold out the castle and didn't want to face him.

We watched it again, and she does look a bit guilty in the shot, but even the kid said she could have come out at any time, shown she was alive, and easily made up some lie about why she wasn't at the castle. He would have believed his mate over the drat guard who pretty much let the slaughter happen. Younger brother had the idea that she abandoned Goliath because he'd want her to become a statue with the rest of them, and abandoned the eggs because 'some people are just mean and dumb."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Into The Wood was a crapsack but one of the things that really turned my stomach was the Baker's Wife and how, when the curse was broken, her stomach instantly swelled up like some kind of inflation fetish video. Like, really? That was not a visual anyone needed.

The lack of the Crazy Woodsman was also pretty bad. Nope, we'll just voiceover EVERYTHING.

And the Wolf song, loving creepy since Little Red was a goddamn child. How did THAT make it in the movie but Rapunzel dying was seen as overboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Desk Lamp posted:

You won't find any nazis on The History Channel unless they're pawning off whatever crap they got from an abandoned storage unit or hauling goods across America.

And who among us would NOT watch that?