Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fauxtool posted:

“Their discs get to number 1, they have repeated million-seller chat-topping hits. But that’s because their fans are incredibly desperate, sometimes buying 10 discs each.”

Yes, as many as 10 each!

I remember reading about this poo poo years ago, that there for example is from a dude buying 3000 copies of the same CD, and it's easy to find other examples of people buying hundreds, if not thousands for this purpose. Idol culture is scary.

(e: of course like most stuff in the media this "thing" is grossly exaggerated, but a few crazy fans actually did/do this stuff)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tickle monster posted:

You have to remember, this is only a tiny tiny fraction of the population in a few countries.

But it's so much more fun to antagonize entire countries based on subcultures :(

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sarchasm posted:

Here's one of my favorite bizarre Japanese fashion statements, known as "mori." It roughly translates into "heap," since it's all about caking on as much makeup and hair product as possible.

Are you sure you're thinking of mori? Last time I checked it meant forest/woods and was a style all about dressing up in layers of desaturated earthy-colored loose-fitting dresses, knit-sweaters and frills.

e: my ex-girlfriend was way into that stuff :gay:

e2: gently caress, this is the funny pictures thread and this definitely isn't about funny pictures. Sorry.

Your Computer has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Jun 7, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You've all forgotten the OG ambigram tattoo:

Surely you mean :wom:?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

John Liver posted:

That expression kind of reminds me of the Ribs Kid.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Avatar-sized because I love the expression on that dog's face:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Planet Piss posted:

That's an amazingly good photoshop. Fooled the hell out of me for sure. Here's the real one:

I actually recognized the dickbutt picture :negative:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wait, it's not a joke? :psyduck:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Is no one going to point out that it says Lise instead of Lisa?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh, I never knew they subtitled it like that :downs: Lise (Lis-eh) and Lisa (Lis-ah) are two different names where I come from :norway:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Earnestly complaining about distasteful things on a site called Something Awful. Top notch posting.

Yeah, loving PC fun police amirite? Don't you know it's hilarious to post :airquote:ironic:airquote: discriminatory stuff, dweeb? :smug:

Seriously though, I get that the site is called Something Awful but surely we can keep that poo poo to 4chan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

e: people somehow think he's the sexiest man alive, I don't get it

• Locked thread