Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Killer robot posted:

I think that's right near here.
Are you a ghost? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's not how you snake a drain.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's lucky they have that fifth road there to keep it from being straight up a swastika.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Invalid Victorian is a guy with brass goggles and gears on his top hat.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"It tends to clog, but just use the snake."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hey it's all good as long as you eat vegetarian and get your eight hours. I like my steak as much as the next person but when it comes down to it...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They redesigned the Final Fantasy XV characters again?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

For anyone wondering, they did have wedding rings in medieval ages.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Certain pictures/audio/video which all happen to be from Doctor Who and Sherlock can describe it just fine.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Didn't know the Toy Dolls wrote tabloid headlines now.

Istari posted:

e: found the clip on Youtube, in case anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1FGLfwDLI
There was one in the related videos that you chaps might find helpful in the future.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

If Penguin is rereleasing a bunch of classics with this kind of cover, I may need to add to my library. I bought three of the Harry Potter books in a slick black "for grownups" jacket in New Zealand, but never found the rest. :(
I would pay very good money for pretty much any book I can think of rereleased with a 70s/80s science fiction cover.

That includes scientific literature.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Quick googling suggests no. Perhaps that's not a reputable scientific journal?
Why does it have a front page teaser about Fermat's Last Theorem then? :colbert:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Valentine's Day. Bummer.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So they pull that off 12 times and no one says, you know, maybe it's time we finally added that rule?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've been in Waterstone's once in my life and I recognize it immediately :allears:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Is there a definition for "hot sandwich" that rules out microwaving an oreo?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's not really... how long of drives do you take that you need a litre of coke to keep your spirits up? Like I'm gonna take a three hour car trip next week and my driver drat sure isn't taking a litre of coke along. Is it just the hope that holding in a piss will at least keep you from falling asleep?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Fat fuckers clomping around with shoes on wooden floors is bad, but it was the constant SCRRRAAAAPPPPPEEEE of someone who kept sliding a heavy wooden chair back on a wooden floor when I'm trying to go to loving sleep that filled me with murderous rage.
My neighbor has metal curtain rings and a metal curtain rod, and yes, the noise insulation is lovely enough for me to know that.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Malkovich?

Malkovich.

Malkovich Malkovich!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Would still watch it, particularly if he casts Pegg and Frost.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

drat, Dreamworks CGI is getting good.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sad lions posted:

Until we a monster with a big enough rear end in a top hat, that is.

So who do you call with ideas for a public art crossover, anyway?

If I ever saw that on a menu I would order it immediately, no foolin'.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

We like the moon
Coz it is close to us

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Which is a shame because I think there's not a soul on this site who wouldn't wear it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The girl is going to beat the poo poo out of him if he lets the fat cat slip.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

stubblyhead posted:

So will the cat. That thing is pissed.
He's sandbagging because he knows what she's up to.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Took me way too long to realize for some of these that they're actual tubs and not people photoshopping themselves into a sink.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pools? Pfft, we got an infinity edge trampoline!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Final Fantasy XV looking good.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Hey now, some tube also has a function.
Incidentally in case you were wondering, it's not really any clearer in German. Such as the entire mass is passed over almost all metal parts indeed, santamaria.

It's probably too much to hope for that the plasma globe is wired into the electronics somehow and you can do something with it, rather than just hanging out at the bottom end of your guitar being a nuisance.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Or if it was hooked into the electronics to introduce feedback whenever you brought your hand near it, theremin-style.
That's what I was thinking of. Turns out, though, that those things emit radio frequency that your guitar gear can pick up all on their own already! So it's not just unwieldy but potentially an active source of noise, good job.

Although apparently someone has managed to turn one into a MIDI controller so at least there's some potential:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7n-BYKB0is

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In Katy Perry's garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

• Locked thread