Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

MoreLikeTen posted:

We're pretty much the only mammals that aren't ripped. Predatory animals like cats, wolves and bears have a lot of muscle. Prey animals are either agile or fast, so they need muscles too. As for close relatives? Check out this guy:

This is a chimpanzee that is so old and infirm that that its hair has fallen out. The senior citizen of chimpanzees.

I'm reminded of Snowflake the albino gorilla that lived for 39 years at the Barcelona Zoo, and how much of a difference the hair makes in how apes look. I'd be interested in seeing like a blog or something collecting animals that have had their fur removed. Like our buddy up there, or then when the Spectacled Bears at the Berlin Zoo had mange and lost theirs, and went from adorable teddies to servants of Gozer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Really regret it.

I don't know, she might give him a boner.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Speleothing posted:

That's michigan central station, the number one top-spot for taking your detroit is decaying tourist photos. Those are also a bunch of random black dudes they asked to jump in for the picture. There are a bunch of really nice restaurants that are less than two blocks from that location.

I'd also just like to point out the blonde on the left totally checking out open-shirt dude's package.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

This is the worst suicide plan.

Maybe he wanted a Sky Burial and had no way to perform one?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Regular M&Ms don't have nuts in them and the ones that do aren't the same shape as Skittles though.

:chef: In high school I had a teacher with a nut allergy right when that "fad illness" was taking off (this isn't the place to rant about THAT phenomena) and she informed me that apparently the candy shells for M&Ms are made with nuts in their recipe, so even the chocolate ones still have nuts in them. Not to mention that they're made on the same machinery as the peanut ones, which apparently is often enough for those with allergies.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

My Little Pony.

Would that be a quarter-horse? :haw:

...I'll see myself out.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ElectricWizard posted:

From Hell, just outside Trondheim, Norway. They have a blues festival called Blues In Hell. And yes, they have had black metal shows there, although sadly no festivals.

I live in Michigan, in the US, and a half hour North of me is another town named Hell. It's a tiny rear end town with like, less than 300 residents, but they really play up the name game. They have a wedding chapel so you can be a match made in Hell, for example, and they regularly hold a marathon there where you can run through Hell. They had a huge party on June 6th, 2006.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Jamesman posted:

You forgot Sunny, which is an odd-name-out if we're being like that (and also born in America, funnily enough).

Also you have to match the names up with the picture.

I hate feeding derails, but I'm pretty sure that Sunny is fairly common in Korea. But then again, I don't know anything about K-pop, and base all my knowledge on being the only white dude in an all-Korean dry cleaners for the better part of a decade, and the occasional Korean films that would get mixed in with my J-horror obsession from ten years ago. So I'll defer to the guy with a S. Korean flag in his avatar...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

Is it as good as "Bear"?

She never actually fucks the bear, it's a metaphor for her dissociation with modern society. Also the bear messes up her back before she can try.

The video store near my GF's house has This French gem about a bear monster that graphically fucks women to death. That's pretty much all it's about.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I totally am going to have to buy that and use it for my lunches when I go to dialysis...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

They couldn't just tell passersby to beat it?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Try pinching your nose shut and then say the names of the pictures out loud.

They screwed up by using "meat" after all the other words just replaced N's with D's. Though I don't mind the buddy :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This one time over at Jayden's we played Cards Against Humanity and he said "The Best Thing About The Holocaust" was "All The Jews Died" and I laughed so hard I spilled my wine cooler

Reminds me of the story my GF likes to tell about how she won a game of Apples to Apples when her dad laid down "Things that are annoying" and she played "Anne Frank".

Len posted:

Gonna second this. It quickly turns into a game of people trying too hard to be funny.

There are 3 types of CAH players. Those that are like this, those that just lay down anything and create confusing non-sequiturs (play long enough or with a big enough group and every game becomes this) and the rare people who actually use it for its ice-breaking purpose and are chill about games. Guess which group is the only fun one.

Last May I went to a general-geek themed convention, and one of the events the board game people put on was what they claimed was to be "the world's biggest CAH game". Every person I knew was basically "Oh, that could be fu--wait that sounds like a terrible idea." When it was actually time for it, there were lines of people heading in, with people holding the Bigger Blacker Box over their heads like they thought they were King Nerd. :jerkbag:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Fishy Joe posted:

wikiHow do I jerk off to the lunch menu at Denny's?

Well he won't, he has no lower torso.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The son there can't quite get past that he got talked into posing with his family while wearing a sash that says "human being" on it.

Re: Jones Soda holiday mixes. I annually go to a b-movie themed event, and part of the experience is people bring in food that is horrible for you as well as having you watch movies of equal quality. Things like crab chips and chum candy, to get the ball rolling on your ideas. Anyways, one year, someone had all the holiday six packs brought in. I being the oh-so-manly-man I am (read: Goony McGoonerson), decided to go around the horn, and try every single flavor. Every thanksgiving flavor, every christmas flavor, every chanukah flavor, every super bowl flavor. Some tasted pretty dang good, especially some of the desert ones--I was surprised by how much I liked the latke one for instance. Some were bad but not nauseatingly so, and were just what they said they'd be, like sweat--gross, but what did you expect it to taste like other than salty carbonation? Then there were the truly dire ones like astroturf which just made me wretch. But I made it through. And I regret it all.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

You can't make me give up on my dreams!!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, I'm in Michigan, but I'm fairly sure Ohio works the same as us in that the letter/number combo isn't random but rather given out sequentially by the DMV to customers. So there's up to 10,000 people driving around Ohio with FAP plates right now. My father is named Richard, and recently got a new car. Completely randomly, his first three symbols are DCK.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nenonen posted:

edit: another local mall's entrance

I want to see the mall that actually has a "bears allowed" policy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

coleman francis posted:

why does bill looks so sad....

"What the hell? They said there was a Star Trek reunion in this room, but I don't recognize ANY of these guys!!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

Girl at a LAN Party

The guy with the sheet over his head is my favorite.

I like the two guys at their rig looking at the leerers as if they don't know how to react to a real live lady and need advising.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

A Moose posted:

That is... quite a lot of those cards.

He's going to run out much faster than he thinks he will.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

This picture makes my day better every time I see it.

"gently caress you, And gently caress you. I'm out!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

Who gives a gently caress about an Oxford comma?

80% of the girls I've ever matched with on OKC! They also like sushi, and think about how they'd fare in the zombie apocalypse :v:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Robot Randy posted:

Aphex Twin and the dudes behind Marble Hornets have hidden poo poo in spectrographs a few times as well so it can't be that difficult

Didn't Trent Reznor use them in that ARG thingie he did a while back? Also, I want to say that the game Payday (which I did not play) hid one in the static on a radio in one mission as part of the massively complex final secret vault clue set.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

antisodachrist posted:

Knowing, red lasers, blue lasers.

Yep, he is suggesting we create GI Joe.

Knowing that*, I'm suddenly starting to turn around my opinion on this O'Reilly fella.

(*and I'm told that's half the battle)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

FiddlersThree posted:

From a local Halloween store flyer:

Talk about a Boner. :downsrim:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

hooah posted:

That's nothing. Google Maps pronounces "Gd [Grand] Rapids" as "G.D. Rape-ids". :wtf:, "rapids" is not an unusual word, Google!

This might only be funny to military folks:

Siri regularly adds weird inflections to "Detroit", but recently we were in Saginaw, where it had no trouble with the road name "Tittabawassee"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Pictures:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Wendell posted:

If you click the link he has normal eyes and a normal hat. I don't know why someone decided to photoshop a random dead person to make them look weird.

Hat big

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I think it's the shrinking of the writing with each line. In my head the speaker pauses and gets less entusiastic with each.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Travic posted:

"What's this thing on the side of the road? I'll just stop in and see."

:ohdear:

Not sure why you're worried, all I see is a :krad: high five in process!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I've been looking at this all day and only now noticed the wind turbines, due to their lack of rainbows. Any idea what all that fine print on the archway with the eyeball next to the poop store is?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ElectricWizard posted:

Have a spooky Halloween!

So would that be a Woody with a Boner, or a Boner with a Woody?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Not going to lie, both of these ads strongly pertain to my interests...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dillbag posted:

Girls 6 to 16, eh? :pedo:

That'll teach me to try to make fun of myself without reading carefully. :downsgun:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

It's got the taste you can't resist.

:pusheen:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm from Michigan, but spent some time in the Norcal region. Memorize this map. Choosing the wrong word for your carbonated beverage is grounds for fights to the death most places.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

It doesn't include Canada, but it guessed either Buffalo, NY or Vancouver, OR, which pretty much covers the span.

They should add in a learning algorithm like Akinator so eventually it'll be able to pinpoint the town in Mumbai you grew up in by how differently you pronounce 'keef halak' and 'keef halek.'

I had a friend whose parents were from India but he was born in the US take the quiz. It had no clue where to put him. It just triangulated the whole drat country.

Meanwhile, I'm from SE Michigan, and can confirm Devil's Night. It's funny, the region map for when you answer that question that way shows SE Michigan, and like, some dude in the middle of Pennsylvania.

Also finally, we say Kitty-Corner for something diagonal across an intersection around here. It's one of those cutesy words you use when you're a kid and then just stop using because you don't have anything better and people know what you mean when you say it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Tony Phillips posted:

I refuse to believe that the MN fair can top this year's masterpiece.

Deep-Fried Breakfast On-a-Stick: A sausage patty, one egg and Canadian bacon between two pancakes, dipped in batter and deep-fried on-a-stick.

I drank multiple pints of both mini-donut beer and fuckin' smores beer this year, and the above makes me want to curl up into a heart attack ball and die.

Jimmy Dean brand makes lots of breakfast hodgepodges on a stick in your local freezer section?

I'm the 80's party cat in the lower left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

That apostrophe is making me unhappy.

Why? Cat is around the world, and he's visiting all his ethnic friends on the journey. Like Grumpy Nurse Cat, or Cat in a Mouse Costume.

• Locked thread