Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Real conspiracies happen all the time, and it's reasonable to assume they're happening now. It's just that no one will believe you about the Koch brothers' influence over elections because they've also heard some rear end in a top hat tell them about the FDA trying to kill Americans with heroin pills.

Yeah, it really makes me angry that someone else's bullshit conspiracy theory somehow negates all conspiracies. It's incredibly ignorant.

chthonic bell posted:

To be fair to the chemtrail people, a sentence I never thought I'd type, the US government did spray a few communities with chemicals, from the air, sometime in the 1950s, I believe.

David Icke is still a disgusting Nazi apologist, though.

Honestly, I don't know what they're doing but I will sometimes sit outside and watch when the planes are spewing stuff, and, if they do it enough, it usually spreads out into cloud cover after about a half hour to an hour. I live in a desert with a decent sized farming community, and they usually do it on sunny days with very little clouds, so, I always assumed it had something to do with agriculture, like, not wanting to burn the gently caress out of the crops.

Regrettable has a new favorite as of 12:15 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Regrettable posted:

Honestly, I don't know what they're doing but I will sometimes sit outside and watch when the planes are spewing stuff, and, if they do it enough, it usually spreads out into cloud cover after about a half hour to an hour. I live in a desert with a decent sized farming community, and they usually do it on sunny days with very little clouds, so, I always assumed it had something to do with agriculture, like, not wanting to burn the gently caress out of the crops.

They're not spewing stuff, that's contrails from the pressure changes as air moves over the wing. They look like clouds because they basically are clouds. It's just condensation.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Have Chemtrails! people ever flown in a plane before?

SubjectDelta
Jul 15, 2010
Definitely seconding Ivan Milat. I've lived in the area he hunted in since I was a kid and it is probably best described as fairly dull otherwise. What makes it even worse was that there was at least one victim who escaped and reported it to the local police .. Who promptly lost the file. Paul Onions ended up being the star witness in the case against Milat when he was finally caught years later.
In an even creepier twist, Milat's great-nephew Matthew was recently charged with murder after luring another young guy out to Belanglo (where most of the bodies from the original backpacker murders were buried) and killed him with a double bladed axe.
http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/milat-matthew.htm

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They're not spewing stuff, that's contrails from the pressure changes as air moves over the wing. They look like clouds because they basically are clouds. It's just condensation.

Word

Phobophilia posted:

Have Chemtrails! people ever flown in a plane before?

I'm sure a lot of them have but it's not the pilot or flight attendants explain stuff like that to you.

Regrettable has a new favorite as of 14:56 on May 22, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Powerpoint

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

chthonic bell posted:

To be fair to the chemtrail people, a sentence I never thought I'd type, the US government did spray a few communities with chemicals, from the air, sometime in the 1950s, I believe.

David Icke is still a disgusting Nazi apologist, though.

Is he a nazi apologist? I thought he was just nuts?

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

quote:

chemtrail crap

Probably stems from Operation LAC; "Operation LAC (Large Area Coverage), was a U.S. Army Chemical Corps operation which dispersed microscopic zinc cadmium sulfide (ZnCdS) particles over much of the United States. The purpose was to determine the dispersion and geographic range of biological or chemical agents."

See also Operation Dew

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SubjectDelta posted:

Definitely seconding Ivan Milat. I've lived in the area he hunted in since I was a kid and it is probably best described as fairly dull otherwise. What makes it even worse was that there was at least one victim who escaped and reported it to the local police .. Who promptly lost the file. Paul Onions ended up being the star witness in the case against Milat when he was finally caught years later.
In an even creepier twist, Milat's great-nephew Matthew was recently charged with murder after luring another young guy out to Belanglo (where most of the bodies from the original backpacker murders were buried) and killed him with a double bladed axe.
http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/milat-matthew.htm

In sentencing, Acting Justice Jane Mathews read out this "particularly chilling" poem Matthew Milat wrote more than nine months after the murder.

'your last day'

Click-clack
hear that,
stopping in the, middle of the track,
Are you Getting Nervous in the back,
Should be C--- your getting wAcked,
talk s--- here, talk s--- there,
No-one'z really gunna care,
but talk s--- with every breath,
You just signed away your health,
I can see you start to sweat,
Wanderin what your gunna get,
hopin 4-1 in the head,
C--- ILL Put it in Your Leg,
tell me, ARE YA HAVIN FUN,
get up C---, And start to run,
how fAr are ya gunna get,
Your Match C--- you have just Met,
stumblin all OVA the place,
Hear the crunch of leaves and feet,
feel your heart, skip a beat,
Are ya gunna get away,
No hope kid this is your day,
The day that you wont be found,
Six feet under Neath the ground.

:staredog:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Dude should have taken a tip from Israel Keyes and written an epic prose poem instead.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_J._Guiteau

Or from Charlie Guiteau, and written a song that would later be incorporated into a Sondheim musical!

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Crankit posted:

Is he a nazi apologist? I thought he was just nuts?

He's nuts with an occasional sideline into Protocols of Zion quoting and some early dabbling in holocaust denial but there's so much going on with him it's hard to sort through all the crap. It's a toss-up as to whether he's just using 'lizard overlords' as a codeword for 'jews' or he actually believes shapeshifting lizards (and a few dozen other alien species) are ruling the earth.

Jon Ronson did a good article/documentary on him (some of which can be read here) which suggests he is actually a true believer and means every word he says, while some of the guys following him are more on the 'jewish conspiracy' side of things. Googling 'Icke nazi' brings up a whole bunch of white power websites claiming he's part of the conspiracy himself and is just trying to slander the good name of Nazis though.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

The chemtrails talk reminds me of a recent incident in Illinois, where a crop duster sprayed fungicide over a corn field where a group of teenagers were detasseling the corn. http://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...16b58073ef.html

I detasseled corn as a teenager, my friends detasseled corn - its a very common summer job for teenagers in the corn belt. Everyone sprayed came out of the situation alright, but the thought of being sprayed by chemicals while you work in an open field off nothing other than a dumb mistake is pretty scary.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

FDA trying to kill Americans with heroin pills.

No, that was the CIA letting the Contras bring crack cocain into los angeles.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Mar 31, 2017

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

50 Foot Ant posted:

They were releasing biological and chemical weapons on the US population as late as the 1980's. Even Wikipedia has that stuff written down.

Here's your scary part: If that's what has been declassified and available through the Freedom of Information Act, then what is still hidden?

Yes that's sort of the implied thing.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

peter gabriel posted:

In sentencing, Acting Justice Jane Mathews read out this "particularly chilling" poem Matthew Milat wrote more than nine months after the murder.

'your last day'

Click-clack
hear that,
stopping in the, middle of the track,
Are you Getting Nervous in the back,
Should be C--- your getting wAcked,
talk s--- here, talk s--- there,
No-one'z really gunna care,
but talk s--- with every breath,
You just signed away your health,
I can see you start to sweat,
Wanderin what your gunna get,
hopin 4-1 in the head,
C--- ILL Put it in Your Leg,
tell me, ARE YA HAVIN FUN,
get up C---, And start to run,
how fAr are ya gunna get,
Your Match C--- you have just Met,
stumblin all OVA the place,
Hear the crunch of leaves and feet,
feel your heart, skip a beat,
Are ya gunna get away,
No hope kid this is your day,
The day that you wont be found,
Six feet under Neath the ground.

:staredog:

Oh my god... did he just try to rhyme 'breath' with 'health'?

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh my god... did he just try to rhyme 'breath' with 'health'?

It's called slant rhyme motherfucker

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

acephalousuniverse posted:

It's called slant rhyme motherfucker

Wow, they're called haikus you racist

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Wow, they're called haikus you racist

:golfclap:

That poem is legit unnerving though. It sort of let's you into the mind of a legitimately crazy person.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

nucleicmaxid posted:

:golfclap:

That poem is legit unnerving though. It sort of let's you into the mind of a legitimately crazy person.

It's not really any worse than anything Eminem has said in his raps.

Oh, wait...

Buh
May 17, 2008
Yeah the creepiness entirely comes from knowing he actually did it. I'm pretty sure half the boys in my school wrote crap like that when they were 15 and edgy; if I'd read it without context that's all I'd assume it was.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Erghh posted:

Probably stems from Operation LAC; "Operation LAC (Large Area Coverage), was a U.S. Army Chemical Corps operation which dispersed microscopic zinc cadmium sulfide (ZnCdS) particles over much of the United States. The purpose was to determine the dispersion and geographic range of biological or chemical agents."

See also Operation Dew

They did use allegedly harmless bacteria in addition to chemical agents. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/weapon-secret-testing/

darkwasthenight posted:

He's nuts with an occasional sideline into Protocols of Zion quoting and some early dabbling in holocaust denial but there's so much going on with him it's hard to sort through all the crap. It's a toss-up as to whether he's just using 'lizard overlords' as a codeword for 'jews' or he actually believes shapeshifting lizards (and a few dozen other alien species) are ruling the earth.
I lean toward the side of believing that he's legitimately mentally ill and actually believes in lizard people. IIRC, the ADL confronted him claiming that he was using "lizard people" as code for "The Jews" and he was really upset about it.

4 year later edit: holy poo poo was I wrong, he's definitely ultra antisemitic

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Jan 1, 2019

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)
A Los Angeles hotel near skid row, the site of multiple suicides and murders, the residence of two serial killers. Not the type of place most people would want to stay at.
Last year, after complaints of the water tasting funny, the naked corpse of a college student named Elisa Lam was found in the water supply tank. Hours before her presumed death, there's footage from the hotel's elevator of her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM
Either she was hallucinating somebody really was out to get her.

snucks has a new favorite as of 08:09 on May 25, 2014

dk2m
May 6, 2009

snucks posted:

A Los Angeles hotel near skid row, the site of multiple suicides and murders, the residence of two serial killers. Not the type of place most people would want to stay at.

Last year, after complaints of the water tasting funny, the naked corpse of a college student named Elisa Lam was found in the water supply tank. Hours before her presumed death, there's footage from the hotel's elevator of her:

God her hand movements freak me out so much. I literally get shivers when I see it, I have no idea why.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

dk2m posted:

God her hand movements freak me out so much. I literally get shivers when I see it, I have no idea why.

Those are not the hand movements of someone with healthy brain chemistry.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what if... somebody poisoned the water hole?

probably with a gallon of LSD or something

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

GWBBQ posted:

They did use allegedly harmless bacteria in addition to chemical agents. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/weapon-secret-testing/

I had forgotten about that part. Years ago there was an article by a guy (student I think) who was reading through old medical journals and came across material from a CA doctor noting an outbreak of an unusual disease affecting the elderly. A lot of the resulting detective work helped draw attention to this stuff. Can't find the original but this on Serratia looks to hit the highlights.

Going back to Masonic/Orders :tinfoil: content: Propaganda Due

quote:

Propaganda Due ... or P2, was a Masonic lodge operating under the jurisdiction of the Grand Orient of Italy from 1945 to 1976 (when its charter was withdrawn), and a pseudo-Masonic, "black", or "covert" lodge operating illegally (in contravention of Article 18 of the Constitution of Italy banning secret associations) from 1976 to 1981. During the years that the lodge was headed by Licio Gelli, P2 was implicated in numerous Italian crimes and mysteries, including the collapse of the Vatican-affiliated Banco Ambrosiano, the murders of journalist Mino Pecorelli and banker Roberto Calvi, and corruption cases within the nationwide bribe scandal Tangentopoli. P2 came to light through the investigations into the collapse of Michele Sindona's financial empire.[1]

P2 was sometimes referred to as a "state within a state"[2] or a "shadow government".[3] The lodge had among its members prominent journalists, members of parliament, industrialists, and military leaders—including Silvio Berlusconi, who later became Prime Minister of Italy; the Savoy pretender to the Italian throne Victor Emmanuel; and the heads of all three Italian intelligence services (at the time SISDE, SISMI and CESIS).

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

snucks posted:

She def had some kind of late onset schizophrenia or some poo poo but this video is so loving scary.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Lam's obviously having some kind of episode. The people trying to find paranormal tie-ins are pretty lovely. For actual scary hotels we have Hotel Carter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Carter_%28Manhattan%29

Some "highlights":

quote:

George R. Sanders of Brooklyn, New York jumped from the 14th floor of the hotel on March 13, 1931...

In July 1999 a clerk murdered a co-worker during a brawl near the front desk.

An infant, twenty-five days old, was beaten to death at the hotel in November 1983. Her father, Jack Joaquin Correa, a hotel resident, was charged with murder and child abuse.

On August 31, 2007, a housekeeper found the body[43] of Kristine Yitref, 33,[44] wrapped in plastic garbage bags and hidden under a bed in Room 608.

...and it goes on. Bonus, super creepy video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgBE1L8_WUs

Sad Mammal has a new favorite as of 00:51 on May 26, 2014

Helena Handbasket
Feb 11, 2006
Elisa Lam had bipolar depression and serious problems with insomnia - you can read her old tumblr, it kept auto-posting for a few months after she died. You can read about her last trip under the tags "Caliblah," including the fact that she a.) was planning to go to LA, despite the early reports that LA was not on her itinerary, and b.) missed a flight and had to spend the night in an airport not long before she died, which could possibly have triggered an episode.

I spent a few hours a while back reading through her stuff. She seems like she was a sweet young woman who was fighting mental illness and finally lost.

Helena Handbasket has a new favorite as of 00:02 on May 26, 2014

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sad Mammal posted:

Lam's obviously having some kind of episode. The people trying to find paranormal tie-ins are pretty lovely. For actual scary hotels we have Hotel Carter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Carter_%28Manhattan%29

Some "highlights":

...and it goes on. Bonus, super creepy video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgBE1L8_WUs

God drat, that baby that was killed, more info and one of the most startling pictures I have ever seen (NWS - dead baby) here:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f226/death-jasmin-correa-child-warning-134951/

Also, part 2 of that video is well worth checking out, the ending is crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQ8_LkkaW0&t=515s

peter gabriel has a new favorite as of 00:56 on May 26, 2014

Gishman
Jun 14, 2011

dk2m posted:

They bend in way that don't seen normal. Her story ended up being like that movie Dark Water that came out in 2005.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

God drat, that baby that was killed, more info and one of the most startling pictures I have ever seen (NWS - dead baby) here:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f226/death-jasmin-correa-child-warning-134951/

Also, part 2 of that video is well worth checking out, the ending is crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQ8_LkkaW0&t=515s

Can anyone point out specific points in the video that are crazy/creepy? The first one just seemed like a bunch of shots of a dingy, gross hotel. Is it all just shots of stains on the floor and sheets or does something really strange happen at some point?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the weird part. Starting at 7 minutes, she talks about the creepy bellboy, then returns to her room the next morning to find that someone had used her bathroom during the night.

Double Plus Good has a new favorite as of 04:38 on May 27, 2014

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

Helena Handbasket posted:

Elisa Lam had bipolar depression and serious problems with insomnia - you can read her old tumblr, it kept auto-posting for a few months after she died. You can read about her last trip under the tags "Caliblah," including the fact that she a.) was planning to go to LA, despite the early reports that LA was not on her itinerary, and b.) missed a flight and had to spend the night in an airport not long before she died, which could possibly have triggered an episode.

I spent a few hours a while back reading through her stuff. She seems like she was a sweet young woman who was fighting mental illness and finally lost.

Hey thanks for this actual info, I didn't know stuff was out there.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Erghh posted:

I had forgotten about that part. Years ago there was an article by a guy (student I think) who was reading through old medical journals and came across material from a CA doctor noting an outbreak of an unusual disease affecting the elderly. A lot of the resulting detective work helped draw attention to this stuff. Can't find the original but this on Serratia looks to hit the highlights.

Going back to Masonic/Orders :tinfoil: content: Propaganda Due

The key thing to remember here is that their true creepiness peaked while their charter revoked, making them masonically, as stated, irregular and unrecognized. This, mind you, didn't help us at all when the media jumped all over it, but at least the Grand Orient of Italy did the right thing when they realized just what was going on.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

peter gabriel posted:

quote:

Looks Like You Have Exceeded Your Allowed Views For Today,

Documenting Reality is a private, invite only community. You must follow the link in the email you received in order to register. If you do not have an invite, you can get one from someone you know who is a member of the site.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
The Jonestown massacre, from wikipedia

Wikipedia posted:

"Jonestown" was the informal name for the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project formed by the Peoples Temple, an American religious organization under the leadership of Jim Jones, in northwestern Guyana. It became internationally notorious when on November 18, 1978, 918 people died in the settlement, at the nearby airstrip in Port Kaituma, and in Georgetown, Guyana's capital city. The name of the settlement became synonymous with the incidents at those locations.

A total of 909 Temple members died in Jonestown, all but two from apparent cyanide poisoning, in an event termed "revolutionary suicide" by Jones and some members on an audio tape of the event and in prior discussions. The poisonings in Jonestown followed the murder of five others by Temple members at Port Kaituma, including United States Congressman Leo Ryan. Four other Temple members died in Georgetown at Jones' command.

The really chilling part is the audio tape With Jones encouraging the mass suicide and the sound of children screaming in the background. The entire thing is eerie as gently caress but the famous part starts at around 35:40.

:nms:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Peoples_Temple_Cult_Death_Tape_Q042.ogg:nms:

IAmNotYourRealDad
Sep 6, 2011
The Chowchilla school bus kidnapping has always struck a chord with me.

Basically, a school bus is en route to dropping the children off at their homes one afternoon. The driver sees a motorist in distress and stops to assist only to have the bus overtaken by three men wearing nylon stocking hats and waving guns. In a matter of minutes, the driver and 26 students (ranging from ages 5-14) find themselves as hostages. They are forced to board a van and taken on an 11 hour disorienting drive. They are then made to climb into a hole into the ground. After about 12 hours, and with no idea of when or if they would be freed, the captives began to look for any possible way to escape. They manage to climb out of their chamber and 36 hours after their capture, the driver and children are free. However, during the hours that their captives had been underground, their kidnappers had not been inactive. The next step of their plan was to demand a $5 million ransom. Unfortunately for them, they are soon greeted with the news that the hostages had safely escaped. The article goes more in depth as to their panic at this point and time because they had failed to plan for this particular scenario and investigations quickly zoom in on their men.

I can't imagine being one of those school children heading home only to be confronted with scary men brandishing weapons.
I can't imagine being the driver, responsible for the children under such duress.
I can't imagine the terror of the parents wondering where their children have disappeared to.

The whole thing is pretty damned unnerving. The article is worth a read as I've left out some fascinating details including, but not limited to, the driver being hypnotised for clues (he remembered their license plate!) to the bungled plans of the perpetrators who had set out to perform a "perfect crime" (as one of the defense lawyers later told The Chronicle, the trio's plan "would make a great...comedy because nothing went right.")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Tea Bone posted:

The Jonestown massacre, from wikipedia

The really chilling part is the audio tape With Jones encouraging the mass suicide and the sound of children screaming in the background. The entire thing is eerie as gently caress but the famous part starts at around 35:40.

:nms:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Peoples_Temple_Cult_Death_Tape_Q042.ogg:nms:

Of course the weirdo had a lithsp.