Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Icon Of Sin posted:

Everything about the site from the accident until now fascinates me. The wikipedia article on the Chernobyl disaster describes fungi that live within reactor #4 now :stare:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster#Flora_and_fauna

gently caress your normal/boring photosynthesis, I need some high-test poo poo. Give me gamma rays :unsmigghh:.

As much as people worry about climate change, the planet is going to be just fine. We'll be dead and extinct, but mother nature is gonna keep on truckin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Nah, videos of that poo poo went viral in early ... 2000s? Aughties? ... Naughties?

It was the plot to a Swamp Thing/Batman comic in the early 90s/late 80's as well.

loving... scary as hell too. People were climbing buildings and turning into explosions of puffy spores.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jack Gladney posted:

If you know about masonic stuff, could you tell if any of the details about Alan Robicheaux, a guy who has come up in this thread before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKrY0HXOz0

He was a guy in his early 70s who disappeared without a trace, but then in 1991 his body was discovered in a secret vault he built under the porch. He shot himself while looking into a mirror and had arranged mirrors and porcelain figurines around himself before he did it. I've always wondered about this case because of the ritual details. Are any of them masonic (if you can say without getting into trouble), or was he just a dude headed toward dementia?

More details here:

http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/orleans/newspapers/00000531.txt

gently caress, I remember reading that in a book a while back. Not that specific guy, just how these detectives or cops or something found some guy who had accidentally locked himself in his panic room in the basement, and no one really noticed anything for a few months. Had scratches in the door from when he went mental.

I wish I could remember the name of it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

subpar anachronism posted:

why would you shoot something you thought was dead

Well, I mean, if you have a gun and are pretty sure the ghost is gonna get ya, might as well give it a try.