Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Otana posted:

There were feral cats in his neighborhood and he would put food out for them and they'd wander in and out of his house, if I remember the story. One day he found blood everywhere and one of the cats dead, and when they ran tests at the vet they found poison in the bowl of food he'd left out. It was a really nasty, painful death too, that poor animal really suffered.

I don't think he wound up losing the court case, but killed himself while the protests were still going on, or so I heard. Really scary poo poo.

poo poo, olddirtybtard killed himself? Man, we were good friends for a while. I remember when his cat got poisoned, I was on irc with him at the time. Later on his other cat, one he actually owned , died of old age and he got really depressed. I dropped out of that community due to rl poo poo, but I really didn't think he'd actually kill himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Otana posted:

Pretty sure, yeah. I never knew him personally, but as I heard (from friends of friends, because I was never involved in the Scientology protests and had nothing to do with Anonymous or the old guard) from people who attended the protests, it was just too much for him. For a while people did suspect a Scientology hit, but it does look like it was just him being pushed over the edge. :(

By the time I'd dropped out of contact with him the scientology protests were petering out and it seemed like his troubles with them were over. He'd had some lady hiding in his bushes with a camera for a while, and he'd been arrested, but the LAPD turned out to be on his side and he didn't get in any more police trouble as far as I was aware. They killed his one cat with ammonia in the food he left out (apparently cats just ignore ammonia because of their pee) but that just seemed to make him more motivated (as well as sad obvs). Then his other cat who he'd had for years died. He got really depressed after that. I don't want to say that I talked him out of suicide a couple of times, because he wasn't like "I'VE GOT A GUN TO MY HEAD", he was talking about his life being pointless and ending it though and I did my best to try and convince him that things weren't so bad on a couple of occassions. I wish I'd not stopped going to that irc now.

He was a really nice, really funny guy and always a good friend to me. It sounds dumb, but I ended up an administrator at encyclopedia dramatica (the first one (I was 15)) cause he thought I was funny. It just seemed like he had lovely luck in life. He was rated as being a funnier howard stern, but his radio career never really went anywhere for no apparent reason. Poor guy.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Suzanne_Capper

If you thought Kelly Anne Bates thing was terrible you wont like this one. And all over a pink duffle coat and crabs.

This line really got to me

Why? :(

Wow, the dude who pulled out her teeth got out of jail in 2001. I wonder if he got a new identity? Cause I mean, if I was one of her family members I'd want to have words.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Now that I look back on it, I don't think the animals they ate were alive (at least not all of them), but rather were just freshly killed. And as far as social conditioning is concerned, Charles Domery in particular appears to have expressed regret about killing and eating a cat, and indicated that he was empathetic to a significant degree toward their plight and suffering. Don't know how much that can be said for Tarrare, but at the very least, it seems like both men had some form of functioning moral conscience.

What confounds me is how either man could've eaten the things that they ate while suffering relatively few outwardly-apparent negative side effects from doing so, and how either man was able to adequately digest it all. Domery in particular hardly ever vomited up any of the things he ate unless it included huge quantities of meat. Domery also doesn't appear to have undergone too many major hygienic effects from eating as much as he did; compare this to Tarrare, who stank to high holy heaven on a constant basis, and whose reakage was so rear end-heinous that his body may have given off visible, cartoon-like stink vapors (then again, he was also French, sooo... :france::downsrim:).

Unfortunately, since historical records about Domery are scarce and we don't have any record of his autopsy, and since there aren't any other well-documented cases of anybody else with similar symptoms, we don't have much info to help us say exactly what could've caused either man's condition. Both men's wiki pages offer some physical descriptions that might be useful from a pathological perspective, though. From Tarrare's page:

There's also this, from Tarrare's autopsy:

tarrare also constantly had diarrhoea. if you eat too much of something, especially like fat or oil, your body will just poo poo it out without fully digesting it

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

If I was king for a day I'd see all those child kidnap torture camp people, the people who do the kidnapping, and the parents, all swing. There's little in the world that makes me quite so angry.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

i would not kill te parents because they are often lied to about what the camp entails in order to get the money

they should do their research. The internet exists, and is full of horrifying accounts of what these places are. If you're such a lovely parent you have your kid kidnapped to be taken away for 'tough love', regardless if its truly what is advertised or the eternity, you don't deserve to have kids in the first place. And if you don't do your research before doing so, you deserve far worse.

edit: and if you don't trust your kid when they're telling you they're going through terrible poo poo at the camp, you're a piece of dogshit.

and describing these parents as vulnerable and at the end of their rope is generous. Half the parents are sending their kids there because they're emo or they want to be a hair stylist, or just unhappy. These parents are awful people and the industry would not exist without them.

juggalo baby coffin has a new favorite as of 03:38 on Jun 1, 2016

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

they are literally told by the camp that their kids are going to say this, and that it's going to be a lie to get the parents to take them home and that the parents have to stay strong

your vitriol for people who are lied to and fuckin scammed and taken advantage of is insane. yeah, they hosed up. they should have done research. but they are not nearly as bad as te people who feed off human misery for money.

it doesn't matter, trust your kids over some camp that you did sooo little research on that you don't even know what it really is. I don't care if they're scammed, ignorance isn't a defense for being that lovely a human being. I don't care if you think you're sending them to loving disneyland, drugging your kid and having people kidnap them is unacceptable. It's a betrayal of the basic bond of trust between parent and child. You're supposed to be a caregiver and on their side, but you're such a failure at that job that you have them kidnapped.

the pray the gay away parents absolutely deserve to swing

so you think its fine to let them swing if their motivation for doing the exact same fuckin thing is that they've also been conned by abusive faith beforehand.

juggalo baby coffin has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Jun 1, 2016

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

countdown to someone interpreting this as me saying i'm totally okay with the camps and think the parents are blameless saints begins now

you seem to think its understandable and pardonable to have your kids literally kidnapped when your defense is that you were too lazy to do any research. Literally, just google the name of any of these camps and the horror stories come up. But they couldn't spare that effort because they were so emotionally exhausted by their kid wanting to be a hair stylist that they just had to hand over the 16 grand and drug their daughter.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I should also mention that this actually happened to a good friend of mine when we were in 9th grade. He was a ginger kid who was really high energy, funny, etc. but he smoked weed and dress like/listen to punk and was starting to do bad at school so his mom (whom I was familiar with enough that I can say was absolutely insane and abusive) had him kidnapped and shipped off to a christian place in Colorado. We lived in PA.

He said he woke up around 3am to two men in his room and tried to escape in his boxers, but they wrestled him to the floor and handcuffed him. His mom came in and was yelling at him while this was going down and he was screaming and struggling. They eventually got him out to the car and had clothes they managed to get him into. They got him to the airport and by then they'd all calmed down a little. One of the guys bought him some food and was trying to be nice to him. When they weren't paying attention he made a run for it again and they tackled him and drug him back. This would've been in 2002 so it's hard for me to even imagine how the gently caress this would go down in an airport without people freaking the gently caress out/being denied a flight. How powerful can these places really be?

Anyway, he came back halfway through senior year and was basically totally brainwashed. Always wore khakis and polos or button-downs and was hyper religious where before he was really anti-religion. Was still nice and had some of his former qualities but it was a huge shock. Despite that it only took like 6 months of hanging out with us again that he was back to the old Bill and started talking about how horrific the "School" he was sent to was. They did pretty much all the stuff listed above (except for blatantly beating people, although they would make you run til you passed out from exhaustion) and it sounded totally horrifying to me cause I never knew that was a thing until then.

He lucked out and had a wealthy aunt who loved him and eventually invited him to stay with her so he could escape from his mother, and she funded him through the CIA (the cooking one) and he's got a pretty good job as a sous chef at a Connecticut country club now so things at least worked out for him.

like i said, these people should swing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Nobody is "too lazy to do any research", you dummy. They haven't been equipped with the life skills to think about research! A frightened, worried mother was told by a person who spoke calmly and with authority that this camp can fix her son (he just won't do his schoolwork why does he do drugs why won't he listen to me), do you seriously think they pause and go "Eh, I could check this out, but that takes effort"?

Not everybody has been trained to be skeptical, don't be a doofus.

Being an easily-misled dumbass isn't a defence for doing something totally evil. That defence has never held up in court anywhere any time it's been tried. I love the characterization of these people as frightened and worried mothers. If your kid wanting to be a hair stylist frightens and worries you, you're a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the 17 year old who broke out is a loving badass.

there's no way to really redress the balance, i think cases like this are why people like to believe there's a hell. the dad at the very least won't have a good time in prison. I don't know what things are like in womens prison.