Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Would he have considered it a failure if he didn't sleep with the prostitute? I'm straight but there's no way I'm sleeping with a prostitute because I don't want STDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

SylvainMustach posted:

One I haven't seen posted here, or in the previous thread, is the Order of the Solar Temple.

The Order of the Solar Temple was creepy as hell. The Order of the Neo Solar Temple, however, was some drat fine entertainment.

DStecks posted:

(MKULTRA was also the money behind Robert Heath's experiments.)

I did not know this and that makes his work really unnerving. This is why I will never trust the government.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Real conspiracies happen all the time, and it's reasonable to assume they're happening now. It's just that no one will believe you about the Koch brothers' influence over elections because they've also heard some rear end in a top hat tell them about the FDA trying to kill Americans with heroin pills.

Yeah, it really makes me angry that someone else's bullshit conspiracy theory somehow negates all conspiracies. It's incredibly ignorant.

chthonic bell posted:

To be fair to the chemtrail people, a sentence I never thought I'd type, the US government did spray a few communities with chemicals, from the air, sometime in the 1950s, I believe.

David Icke is still a disgusting Nazi apologist, though.

Honestly, I don't know what they're doing but I will sometimes sit outside and watch when the planes are spewing stuff, and, if they do it enough, it usually spreads out into cloud cover after about a half hour to an hour. I live in a desert with a decent sized farming community, and they usually do it on sunny days with very little clouds, so, I always assumed it had something to do with agriculture, like, not wanting to burn the gently caress out of the crops.

Regrettable has a new favorite as of 12:15 on May 22, 2014

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They're not spewing stuff, that's contrails from the pressure changes as air moves over the wing. They look like clouds because they basically are clouds. It's just condensation.

Word

Phobophilia posted:

Have Chemtrails! people ever flown in a plane before?

I'm sure a lot of them have but it's not the pilot or flight attendants explain stuff like that to you.

Regrettable has a new favorite as of 14:56 on May 22, 2014

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

I have to comment on this.

I have seizures. Afterwards, I usually can't speak. This effect lasts for anywhere from a few minutes to hours. When I do start to speak, I am slow, unsteady, halting as I search for words. The more I speak, the more my ability to do so returns. Within a short time of resuming speech, I am back to normal. I can write, though my handwriting is worse than normal and it takes longer than usual to scrawl out a message.

Scared the hell out of me the first couple of times it happened.

This is seriously the worst part for me. I can deal with the exhaustion and general lack of motor skills but not being able to communicate with people around me is incredibly frustrating.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

packetmantis posted:

What the hell is wrong with you?

I actually thought it was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Didn't they already do this and like 11 of the 12 concealed carry people were outright killed by the gunmen and the only one that survived did so because she ran away instead of trying to fight them?

Nah, that was a reenactment of Charlie Hebdo but with armed civilians and yeah, the only person who would've survived was the one who ran away. Apparently they don't have a permit or permission to be on campus so if they try this they'll be arrested.