Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Tea Bone posted:

The Jonestown massacre, from wikipedia

The really chilling part is the audio tape With Jones encouraging the mass suicide and the sound of children screaming in the background. The entire thing is eerie as gently caress but the famous part starts at around 35:40.

:nms:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Peoples_Temple_Cult_Death_Tape_Q042.ogg:nms:

Of course the weirdo had a lithsp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Nckdictator posted:

Obligatory "The Bridge" mention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwl-Pa_QT0M

The full thing is on YouTube, it's depressing as gently caress.

Ah yes, I remember watching that docu at 3am because of insomnia on HBO like 6-7 years ago. It is very sad, especially for a suicidal teenager whose tendencies carried over to adulthood.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Not saying this happened, but there is also the possibility that it could have been rolled up more conical than cylindrical, which would permit one part to be narrower than the other side.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Just booby trap the poo poo out of it with millions landmines. Even brain rotted desert apocalypse scavengers will eventually get the message when half their tribes has been turned to a fine red misty paste.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

Maybe it's because I believe everyone should have the right to die if they want to but I didn't like how the article tried to insinuate that the boyfriend was to blame, that she was just being dramatic. Like, at some point before maybe she was just being a drama queen but after you pick out the gun, its kind of on you.

While I do agree that everyone has the right to die when they wish to do so, a belief I have had for a while now and which will be what finally ends me when I feel life has given me all it has to give me, I do believe that in the case of physical capability, the only one that can carry it out is yourself.

In the case of physical inability, it must be carried out by a doctor where legal. Only when you absolutely cannot and a doctor cannot perform the killing, do I think it is ethically sound for someone to carry it out.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

America has probably the most frightening and hostile medical system in the western world. If you're not a rich white you're pretty much encouraged to die or buy pain pills until you're addicted.

I've had swelling and tightness on the left side of my testicles and shaft for literally years and haven't been able to convince doctors to give it more than a cursory glance and tell me to jerk off less.

Seems to me like you should lay off of jerking your gherkin for a while.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I learned the word waaaay back in high school (80's) art class, when we were doing self portraits, drawn from life in a mirror. The teacher was looking over my drawing, complimenting my work but adding "Y'know JD, when you draw eyes, they don't have whites that go all the way around the iri---" I turn and look up at her --- "OH! Uh, in your case, they do." She told me I had sanpaku and that, according to the Japanese, I was doomed to have bad luck. :smith: While my luck has been pretty terrible, I'm not a psycho nutbar, just 'cause I inherited big wide eyes from my dad (who is not a psychotic serial killer, he spends his retirement years cleaning beaches to save sea turtles :unsmith: ) So don't fret if you got the sanpaku goin' on.

Come clean, how many hookers do you have buried in your basement?

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I can somewhat put myself in the shoes of those girls. A year ago went on a solo hike to a trail I had not ever been before. There were 3 parts of the hike, the first to the top of a small mountain, took about 3 or so hours for your average person, not too demanding but not a walk in the park. This was the most popular hike, people climbed here and back down for a half day trip. Then there was the second part which was about an hour or so more, to a slightly higher mountain, in which I only bumped into two dudes. And the third part was a full loop up through the mountains and back down to the parking lot, for a full day hike, which very few people do.

I originally set off to do the full day hike, but I just so happened that it had snowed a week earlier and the hike was harder for it. So I got to the second milestone, at about 2 pm, thinking I could still make the full journey, rested a bit, had something to eat, I continued about half a kilometer further when I realized the trail had dissapeared from the snows, and since almost nobody else went for the whole hike, there were also no tracks to follow. In the end I had to turn back, for the better, because otherwise I would have gotten stuck up there all night, with dwindling supplies. It is REALLY easy to overestimate yourself.

I did get some cool shots though. these two are from just a little before turning back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Wasn't there a stampede at a german techno festival a couple years ago with a pretty high number of fatalities?