Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Does anyone know the wiki article about human experimentation done without consent and funded by Proctor and Gamble? It was either that or Johnson and Johnson. Googling doesn't bring anything up for me for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I don't think it was done directly by them, instead it was sponsored. I can't remember any more details aside from that. :( Might just go through the previous thread and see if it's there (I'll post it here if I find it).

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

For some reason Joe Exotic reminds me of the guy who tried to hire a hitman for a big cat rescue org owner.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize that was the same person. I just assumed there were multiple weird/crazy circus dudes RIP.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Speaking of unnerving, I was re-reading this thread today and, well.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Humanity managed to live for millennia with out antibiotics. So even if this was the start of a "post antibiotic apocalypse," it isn't, we'd be just fine. Mortality rates in children and the elderly would sky rocket, but that ain't nothing more fuckin and eating can't fix. Just like always.

That70sShirt posted:

Just because we don't have anything right now that can fight these so-called "super bugs" doesn't mean we won't in the future. A lot of people might die in a Black Plague style manner before we do, but that hardly means extinction.

darkhand posted:

Leave it to this thread to come up with "it's only the plague" being a sigh of relief.

That70sShirt posted:

Well, that's only one possible scenario. We could very well invent new techniques to fight them before it gets that far.

From an e.coli discussion in 2016.