Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Why start a new thread just to post all the same things again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roch_Th%C3%A9riault

quote:

Roch "Moïse" Thériault (May 16, 1947 – February 26, 2011) was the leader of a small religious group based near Burnt River, Ontario, Canada [Between 1977 and 1989]

quote:

Despite his devastating punishments, the members of the Ant Hill Kids never questioned his authority. His punishments included making members break their own legs with sledgehammers, sitting on lit stoves, shooting each other in the shoulders, and eating dead mice and feces. A follower would sometimes be asked to cut off another follower's toes with wire cutters to prove loyalty. The children were not spared, and not only were they sexually abused, but they were also at times held over fires or would be nailed to trees while other children threw stones at them. Thériault was also responsible for the death of his own infant, as he left the child outside during a blizzard.

Surprisingly, it gets worse from there.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Mister Adequate posted:

I don't usually condone prison justice and suchlike, but uh... after reading that article, I think I'd be okay with forgoing punishment for the guy who killed this guy :catstare:

Odobenidae posted:

He was stabbed by another prisoner serving a life sentence who immediately turned himself in to the prison guards. The guy was 60 years old so there wasn't much chance of him leaving in the first place.

Uh, dont go here, stick to the thread theme.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

wyoming posted:

Eh, caffeine is a natural pesticide that just happens to have a stimulant effect on humans. So why not eat ant killing fungus? Could be delicious or fun!

I like the fact if you ate a whole cigarette you would die, but its hard to do because your body rejects it so hard you cant just like eat one with your mouth hole.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

We talked about cordyceps and nobody mentioned Instruction for a Help? Some shameful goons :smith:

This is an offensively lovely article.

Gripen5 posted:

Honestly, in the last thread someone always used to say something to the effect of "this is way worse than anything else can't get over that," about just about every new topic someone brought up (obviously everyone has different feelings about what is the worst thing they ever read). But I always thought to myself "How can you say that when Unit 731 is on the first drat page."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Basically.....

And now I need a break.

The Nazis did the same things.

Also I think the whole "And Now I need a break"/"OMG crying so hard now"/"Welp, not sleeping tonight" crap is far worse than Unit 731.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Neo_Crimson posted:

Speaking of cannibals, here's a particular one that especially makes my blood boil: Issei Sagawa

Basically this dude kills and eats a Dutch girl, gets away with only 2 years of detainment because his dad is rich and is now a free man. Hell, the guy is even a minor celebrity and has made money off book deals and films about his life.

Edit: Apparently since his parents died, he's been in and out of welfare because he can't get a job because no one rightly wants to hire a cannibal.

Its Vice, I know some people despise them, but this is still pretty interesting:
(Its also mentioned on the wikipedia page I see...)
"In 2010, VBS.tv did a short documentary about him, titled VBS Meets: Issei Sagawa"
http://www.vice.com/vice-meets/issei-sagawa-part-1

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Jun 10, 2014

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

duckmaster posted:

I didn't mean to be edgy, I just wouldn't want those horrible few seconds between being told I'm going to die and being comatose on morphine :(

But people have their beliefs and if that makes them a bit more comfortable then more power to them. I suppose it would be a good chance to pass a message onto my family so maybe I would want to speak to the priest. Then of course there's Pascals Wager, so yeh give me my absolution and I'll try to justify my life of sin and debauchery when I get up there and meet the big man.

drat dude, no one gives a gently caress about your pathetic atheist screed. How did you even get to this point?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Nurse Fanny posted:

Nitrogen mustard is used as a chemotherapy agent.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_mustard

That doesnt address the rest of the most likely bullshit in that comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Ol%27_Boys_Roundup

From 1980 until 1996.