Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

spixxor posted:

Not Wikipedia, but a post from these very forums in the Healthcare thread. I think it fits this one as well. Insanely :nms: story about what happens if you fall and can't get up...and no one finds you for a while.

Is there a way I can un-read this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

You do realise there are two entities called Tom Cruise, right? One is "Crazy Scientologist Wazzock" Tom Cruise, the other is "Pretty Good Actor Who Stars in Films I Like" Tom Cruise, and I refuse, refuse, to believe they are the same person :colbert:.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Nckdictator posted:

Oskar_Dirlewanger

I am now going to devote the rest of my life to the invention of a time machine so I can go back and do something unspeakably horrific to this man.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Yeah so it turns out the airliner that just crashed in the Alps was crashed deliberately by the co-pilot, after he locked the other pilot out of the cockpit.

http://news.sky.com/story/1453092/alps-crash-co-pilot-wanted-to-destroy-plane

#FuckThisPlanet

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

The Daily Mail may be wrong on a lot of things, but they are right on this. Why the gently caress did the airline company allow someone with a mental illness in the cockpit?

/puts on flame suit.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Also the Gays were somehow to blame

:britain:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

TheModernAmerican posted:

Are you one of those guys that stands in front of planned parenthoods with ABORTION = MURDER signs?

Hahahaha holy poo poo, look at this guy.

I'm guessing this is a troll, but yeah when the 7-months pregnant mother isn't actually planning on aborting, and is hoping to give birth and raise the kid, then killing her unborn child sure sounds like a crime equal to murder, in any sane person's books - even if it doesn't fit a textbook definition of "murder" - and it should be punished just as severely.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Mar 28, 2015

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

They've recovered a video of the final moments of the german plane crash, taken by a passenger apparently.

http://news.sky.com/story/1456421/video-captures-final-moments-of-alps-crash

quote:

Paris Match, which has not published the video, reported: "The scene was so chaotic that it was hard to identify people, but the sounds of the screaming passengers made it perfectly clear that they were aware of what was about to happen to them.

"One can hear cries of 'My God' in several languages."

The newspaper added that metallic banging can be heard in the footage, before the screaming gets louder and the video ends.

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be watching that.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Let's bring spooky back.

Scientists are recording strange noises from way out there in the dark, and they discovered a mathematical pattern:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22630153.600-is-this-et-mystery-of-strange-radio-bursts-from-space.html?full=true#.VR3jFvnF-7k

please be aliens please be aliens please be aliens please be aliens please be aliens

(It won't be aliens, but as long as it's a new natural phenomena, and not just one of our spy satellites or some poo poo, then that's pretty cool.)

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Yeah, I mean why couldn't they just have sent someone around to Hitler's house and shot him? That could have ended the war real quick and avoided civilian bloodshed.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Yeah we should have stuck with conventional weapons and let an order of magnitude more people die instead, because reasons and things.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

WickedHate posted:

Please, minorities were still being lynched in the streets and in their homes decades after WWII. Germany and Japan were doing that poo poo on a grand scale and in massive events that can be named, and that's the only reason people call them "the bad guys" when in reality nearly every country is just as bad as each other. I'm not sticking up for Japan or Germany, I'm just against framing the Allies as heroic do gooders when they'd also been extermanating and torturing people for their race, religion, sexuality, and mental condition for as long as they existed.

I, too, remember when Churchill killed 6 million ethnic minorities in the concentration camps of England.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

There's not a single global nuclear war scenario that doesn't result in a horrific end-of-times hellscape for everyone in the civilised world.

The only people that might still be able to cling onto a sense of normalcy are maybe some self-sufficient and remote southern hemisphere communities, but all bets are off if nuclear winter fucks over their ability to produce food I guess.

The question that fascinates me is: will humanity learn from this? Or will the civilisation that arises from the ashes just blow themselves up again in the same way, Ad infinitum?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Apr 12, 2015

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

benito posted:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2008/09/22/2003423869

A baby formula company was literally making formula with no nutritional content. And that's not a case of somebody not wearing a hair net or some bizarre cow disease, it's an entire company deciding to cut corners by making something that would vaguely look like milk when combined with water.

Sounds like a Libertarian utopia!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

p-hop posted:

quasi-relevant effort post incoming

I had a look, and yep sure enough...

:itwaspoo:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Kitsch! posted:

This was making the rounds on social media last night and I made the terrible mistake of listening to The's Lord Prayer snippet right before bed.

Edison's Talking Dolls Can Now Provide The Soundtrack To Your Nightmares

Edison's voice recordings from the 19th century are awesome.

From 1888 - William Gladstone, UK Prime Minister:

https://soundcloud.com/thisisparker/william-gladstone-recorded-by-thomas-edison

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Those loving faces. :shepface:

Looks like someone needs to do a "Faces of Scientology" thing.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Scientology: Not even once.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Not a wikipedia article, but this just popped up in the news.

I'll just link to it, it's a pretty short article, but very sad and unnerving:

http://news.sky.com/story/1489351/mum-found-pushing-dead-toddler-on-park-swing

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Dr. Benway posted:

For whatever reason, spelunkers have an odd obsession with food. See: cave bacon and popcorn.

Might have something to do with starving to death while trapped in tight spaces.

Bacon? Check.
Popcorn? Check.
A tendency to confine themselves in small, dark crevices, isolated from the outside world? Check.

Spelunkers and Goons have much in common, it would seem.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

pookel posted:

Back on topic: I was poking around this historical photos site that was posted above (but now I've forgotten what for) and found this bit of history both heartbreaking and creepy. Note: charred, unrecognizable human remains in a photo at the top. Lots of graphic historical photos in side links. Possibly :nws: or :nms: if you are sensitive to photos of death and violence.

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/remains-astronaut-vladimir-komarov-man-fell-space-1967/

RIP, Vladimir Komarov. :ussr:

That is one hosed up open-casket funeral.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Flint_Paper posted:

making GBS threads hell. Family moves into new home, starts getting letters from "The Watcher".

http://gawker.com/couple-flees-1-3-million-dream-home-after-threats-from-1713646299

Apparently this house has been "watched" for three generations.

99% chance this is just some kids being dicks?

Dat 1% tho... :ohdear:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Small chance he could have persisted indefinitely as a sort of badass skinless radiation lich, which would have been hella cool though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Tone down the monkeycheese a bit, and those flight stories would be great posts.