Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Suben posted:

I'd be surprised if they don't bring in Tadasuke at some point given his history with the promotion and the fact he's living in the US now, training with Funaki to try and get into the WWE.

I was told at the Inspire Pro show last night that Tadasuke was heading back to Japan after his match wit Jojo Bravo. DID WRESTLING LIE TO ME? AGAIN?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fuzzy_logic posted:

I love Mister Touchdown :allears:

Any chance of him going on to bigger and better, or is he too short? He's already conditioned to hell and back unlike most indy guys I've seen.

Also he looks like a goober in his twitter pic:

Lookit those eyebrows!

I'd say he's around 5'6", so that's probably a little too small. Agreed that he is fantastic, though

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Jojo Bravo is pretty cool. I know he's kind of a staple around the Texas indies (ACW and their off-shoot Saint Louis Anarchy, mostly). Saw him at Inspire Pro against Tadasuke last month. He is The Heaviest Sumo in the Land.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Colony regular version is team 4.

3 ants in, fifty ants remaining

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yup, that makes the lineup

1) Spirit Squad: Kenny, Mikey and Johnny
2) Spectral Envoy: UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked and Frightmare
3) Team UK: Damian Dunne, Pete Dunne and Mark Andrews
4) The Colony: Fire Ant, Silver Ant and Worker Ant

5) Devastation Corporation: Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch

Trying to figure out who else is possible:

Colony: Xtreme Force (also known as Those Jerk Ants)
The Odditorium
Bloc Party
Throwbacks (Not sure who would join Dasher and TD. Alternate possibility is Dasher, Jervis and Marion Fontaine)
Possibly the reanimated zombified versions of some of the "dead" wrestlers, like Kobald, Proud Oak and deviANT?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

Did Sugar Dunkerton and Chikara have a falling out?

He "quit" back at the end of 2012 and hasn't done anything with them or a Wrestling Is since then, I believe. That was at the time he was basically FIST's slave, so maybe he'd for real mad?

Seems to be doing well in Beyond, from what I've seen.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

King of Trios used to be where I could expect to see some weird dream match like Daisuke Sekimoto vs Michael Elgin but I don't think I'll even see two outside companies competing in King of Trios, much less a single dream match.

At least last event had Sendai Girls and Osaka Pro which were really fun to watch.

KoT 2012 made me want to see Tsubasa Kuragaki torture racking everybody, so I'll be grateful for that, but yeah, at this point KoT2k14 isn't looking too fantastic. I'm mostly using it as an excuse to hang out with all my east coast pals that didn't kick it with me at BOLA.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

2012 I seriously would have made the trip across the ocean for KoT if I'd had the cash. 2013 I happened to be in New York around this time of year and probably would have gone if it'd happened to fall on that weekend. 2014 I wouldn't bother to go even if I did happen to be nearby again. Apart from any roster issues who's to say I don't get ushered out halfway through the finals to further a storyline.

e: well not me specifically. I think.

Depends on if Quack specifically said whether or not you are Chikara

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

OmegaBR posted:

They could only kill Mantis if Dr. Cube found a way to resurrect him down the line. They could probably kill off Solider or another vet ready to take their leave.

Team #15 will be announced on youtube tomorrow. I'll still hold out hope #16 will be hype, but it's not like I'm scrambling to make travel plans to Easton this year. I would still go in a heartbeat if it was more convenient, but crossing nearly 500 miles to see the usual suspects isn't a trip I can budget. Plus, unless I'm mistaken, there's no announced fan conclave this time, which is surprising since it's a big draw (and would help draw them in with a mostly in-house roster.)

On the King of Trios report last week, Bryce said trio #15 plus info about the fan conclave and potluck supper thing will be announced on this week's KoT report. Though it could just be "Here's the info about this year's fan conclave: there will be no fan conclave, good night"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Chuck Taylor is the last person in the first RdV match

Guess that means the Bloc Party is out on night 1

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

...Holy poo poo, I never made that connection.

My first Chikara show was Chuck Taylor winning the first ever RdV tournament, so this will be like full circle for me.

It's okay, someone had to point it out to me, too.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Chris Hero makes his long-awaited return as part of the trio Bro/Manssiere.

BroMan-wich

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Also, Sean Waltman will be there. Not to wrestle. Just to do commentary and stuff. Okay.

Thank god for that

Sucks about the other people possibly not being there

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Qefka apparently didn't break his arm after all and the whole thing was just a misunderstanding from some misread/misunderstood text messages?

That's what happens when you only communicate in emojis

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I think I am more hyped to see the dudes I already saw at BOLA, but KoT should still be :krad:

I will be the doofus wearing a Montgomery Biscuits hat in the 4th row if you want to say hello

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Blessed be the wrestling fans for they know now how to score wrestling matches properly thanks to Paragon Wrestling with this handy guide.

I have just watched King of Trios 2014, Night 1 and feel the need to fill you all in on how the roster stands at this point.

I have begun watching Night 2 today and will update tonight so you are all properly informed!

Thank you for this update!

Are you also tracking everyone's Finisher Effectiveness Rating?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

To add to that fantastic write-up, Juan Francisco got mad at Remington for using the German suplex, and has said that much like his Battle of the Bowtie at King of Trios against Rockstar Spud, this will be a battle of the suplex (Juan Francisco is now calling his move the Ecuadorian suplex)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm sold, thanks for prepping me for the show.

See you there!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Parasara posted:

Were either Moonraker or Thunderdome taped for eventual video release? I'd really like to see Peck's death since it seems so important storywise but I can't find a place to buy it.

Everything is taped, it should be a few weeks before they come out. Trios had a crazy quick turnaround, but that's special for Trios.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

I finished Thunderball, the Saturday show from the last set released. It's easily the most solid in-house (not counting the Aftermath) show Chikara's done in forever. In other words, the best non-Trios show they've done since at least 2012.

What sucked is how Silver Ant vs. Shynron was this great match with an awesome idea for an ending spot, only they botched it. If they did it right, it would have been in Chikara highlight reels forever.

Ashley Remington vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado had one of the best moments of the night. They were doing a bit where JFDC was on the outside, wanting to brawl while Remington was holding the ropes open, insisting he return to the ring. Suddenly, a huge black widow spider crawled across the ring and Bryce and Remington freaked out until it was gone. There was this great improv between the two where they kept checking on each other to make sure they were okay. JFDC went back to yelling that he wanted to fight on the outside, but now Remington's all, "No, we're going to wrestling in HERE... where there are no spiders."

Ace crushers weren't hitting well at all in Gibsonville.

I was right next to JFdC yelling at him to watch out for the spider. Fun fact: Bryce basically kicked it out of the ring and into the face of a 10 year old kid

Also fun fact: the spider returned between matches and was murdered.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Double-posting because I'm halfway into Moonraker and the Atomicos Ridiculoso match (four tag teams split up into an 8-man tag) is the hardest I've laughed at a Chikara match in years. It's up there with the Duck, Duck, Goose match at Trios 2012, if less coherent.

The part that killed me begins with Archibald Peck and Ashley Remington hugging in the ring. Bryce starts to count at them, causing them to immediately break off because, "I break at one!" Ashley then winks and does his finger-gun point at Archie. Archie sells it and screams, "YOU SHOT ME!" while clutching his gut. El Hijo del Ice Cream enters the ring, falls to his knees and screams in horror. Ashley is all confused with his finger-gun still out, waving it around while all the other wrestlers and Bryce scream and try to duck. Archie gets back up and pulls out his own finger-gun. With an angry yell, he points it at Ashley just as Bryce dives in front of him. Bryce takes the bullet and dies in the center of the ring.

As the chants of "YOU KILLED BRYCE!" started to die down, all eight wrestlers remain quiet and wide-eyed. Then they slowly and awkwardly remove themselves from the ring and try to walk to the back. That is, until Shane Matthews says, "Hey, guys! ...WE CAN CHEAT!" Then everyone starts immediately delivering back-rakes, eye-pokes, chokes, purple nurples, etc. as they move back to the ring.

I saw both of them live, and I think Atomicos Increibles was super way funnier than the Submission Squad vs Gentleman's Club match at Trios (Even if it did feature a lot of Bryce getting involved, which I'm not a huge fan of)

Edit: someone posted a snippet of it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBv8UoLc3yk

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 13, 2014

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Saint-X posted:

Well, The Shard is dead.

:qq:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Flood Crew:

Jakob, Nokken, Flex, Jaka, Oleg, Grimsley, Volgar and Soldier Ant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1YddtVsm1w

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The whole Bloc Party/Baltic Siege seems to rely way too heavily on "look at the wacky foreigners with their CRAAAAZY passports" schtick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Someone has bought me a ticket to go see Chikara in London, obviously knowing my love and respect for the promotion and it's high quality product.

Quick question: Are there still ants on the roster?

Yes

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Suben posted:

Heidi Lovelace is going to be on STARDOM's 2/7 show.

Actually didn't realize that STARDOM has a US branch now run by Cheerleader Melissa which is pretty much just what they're using to help them book gaijin wrestlers. Wonder if that means there's a chance of a Team STARDOM at next year's KOT as well; that'd be neat.

:pray: I want this to happen more than anything, especially if YOSHIKO gets to show up and lady hoss some ants

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sockser posted:

An Ecuadorian flag and a bunch of bananas

I know one of the dudes in that group

He said they were trying to get Juan to sign the flag and bananas during intermission, but a friend noticed the fruit was from Guatemala, not Ecuador, so Juan hucked them across the room

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Quack made an announcement of this year's big gimmick. He didn't give too many details, but much like 2011 was about the 12 Large Tournament, 2015 will be about something called the Challenge of the Immortals. 10 team captains have been chosen and on Monday on Twitter, there's going to be a draft. Looking at the roster page, I guess we're getting 10 teams of 4 for whatever's going on and a couple will have to sit it out.

prediction: oleg doesn't get picked by the rest of the wrecking crew

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A special message from Hallowicked you say? This should be some weird grunting.

http://youtu.be/QWG2o4mj0pw

:stare:

The Cannibal Prince? THE LORD OF ROT?

Uh-oh

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Your Challenge of the Immortals team captains:

Amasis
Juan Francisco de Coronado
Hallowicked
Jacob Hammermeier
Dasher Hatfield
Ophidian
Princess KimberLee
Max Smashmaster
Chuck Taylor
UltraMantis Black

Interesting to see the Portal is split up

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I don't know what they're doing with the Portal right now. They're playing it up that Ophidian is super frustrated that the gods aren't hearing his prayers and you'd think that it would be leading to him turning heel, but the last Amasis/Ophidian feud is still too fresh.

What I find interesting is that UltraMantis is a captain in light of that Hallowicked video. Hallowicked specifically warned him not to recruit any followers and that's pretty much what UltraMantis' is tasked to do.

Predicting that one of the teams is Kimber Lee, Jervis, Remington and Oleg. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck Taylor poaches Remington first. He'll also probably get NRG, since they seem like a good fit for him.

I want Ophidian to at least get Argus so they can be reptile pals

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

When is the draft happening?

Top of the hour

Draft order so far:

1. Max Smashmaster
2. Dasher Hatfield
3. UltraMantis Black
4. Chuck Taylor
5. Hallowicked
6. Jacob Hammermeier
7. Amasis
8. Ophidian
9. Juan Francisco de Coronado
10. Princess KimberLee

Round 1

1. Blaster McMassive
2. Mr. Touchdown
3. Kodama
4. Drew Gulak
5. Frightmare
6. Soldier Ant
7. Fire Ant
8. Eddie Kingston
9. Mr. Azerbaijan
10. Jervis Cottonbelly

Round 2

1. Obariyon
2. Icarus
3. Flex Rumblecrunch
4. Orange Cassidy
5. Silver Ant
6. Nokken
7. Worker Ant
8. Shynron
9. Prakash Sabar
10. El Hijo del Ice Cream

Round 3

1. Oleg the Usurper
2. Heidi Lovelace
3. Jaka
4. Swamp Monster
5. Blind Rage
6. Pinkie Sanchez
7. Ashley Remington
8. Argus
9. Proletariat Boar of Moldova
10. Ice Cream Jr

TEAMS

Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Obariyon, Oleg the Usurper
Dasher Hatfield, Mr. Touchdown, Icarus, Heidi Lovelace
UltraMantis Black, Kodama, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka
Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy, Swamp Monster
Hallowicked, Frightmare, Silver Ant, Blind Rage
Jacob Hammermeier, Soldier Ant, Nokken, Pinkie Sanchez
Amasis, Fire Ant, Worker Ant, Ashley Remington
Ophidian, Eddie Kingston, Shynron, Argus
Juan Francisco de Coronado, Mr. Azerbaijan, Prakash Sabar, Proletariat Boar of Moldova
Princess KimberLee, Jervis Cottonbelly, El Hijo del Ice Cream, Ice Cream Jr

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 17, 2015

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Apparently trades are allowed

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Thauros posted:

Who's Argus?

WrestleFactory rookie

Sockser posted:

But what of Ashley Remington?

Picked by Amasis

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

OmegaBR posted:

Rookie who debuted for Wrestling is Fun! last August. Got a robot thing going on.

he is a lizard-man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

WadeBartender posted:

One of them really hates women and thinks that none of them should be wrestling or something like that so KOT booed the hell out of them and archibald peck

It was so much fun to boo that idiot THREE POINT BOOOOOOO

Parker asked me at the NC show last year if the hate for 3.0 was all Matthews, which it is

• Locked thread