Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think I need a night to get my thoughts in order and some photos uploaded, but that poo poo owned, also if you saw a dude in a Daniel Bryan shirt, glasses, and long hair marking out of his loving mind as Shield and Evolution brawled up through the crowd, that was possibly me.

They were two feet away from me, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Aw, crowd didn't come across on TV? Felt mostly lively when I was there. I think Bryan/Kane took awhile to click.

Despite Cena/Wyatt being frustrating (I thought Kane/Bryan was a decent late 90s brawl with some silly fun and roughly in the area of expectations), I rather enjoyed the show. WeeLC was so much better than it had any right to be, Shield/Evolution won the night (Batista had so much heat, it was great), hahahahah the Putin thing. Good times.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It was somewhat hard to get a clear picture, surprisingly

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

CapnAndy posted:

It was somewhat hard to get a clear picture, surprisingly

I see Abraham Lincoln on a personal watercraft!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Right next to the pre/post-show desk, we chanted for Booker T and Sheamus a lot

View from my seats

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A lot of you guys hate fun. :mad: That show wasn't great, but it was fun as hell.

During the 6-man there was some big spot right before Ambrose got thrown down the stairs where the crowd went nuts, but they cut back to the ring and never showed it. Did anyone who was at the show see what happened?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was a really fun event. My only complaint was in the Triple Threat match, it seemed like the wrestlers forgot it was an elimination match and kept breaking up pins and submissions. Then it seemed like the announcers forgot when Swagger was eliminated by questioning the ref's pin count.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Spikeguy posted:

That was a really fun event. My only complaint was in the Triple Threat match, it seemed like the wrestlers forgot it was an elimination match and kept breaking up pins and submissions. Then it seemed like the announcers forgot when Swagger was eliminated by questioning the ref's pin count.

Yeah that match was way more sloppy than I would have expected. Not bad, but it was off.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Right next to the pre/post-show desk, we chanted for Booker T and Sheamus a lot

Poor Alex Riley

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Niwrad posted:

Poor Alex Riley

Some Alex Riley chants came through really faint on the Network steam :3:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I'm just watching this now. In the opening match did they botch something, or did the announcers just not know the rules of the match?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

TheJoker138 posted:

So I'm just watching this now. In the opening match did they botch something, or did the announcers just not know the rules of the match?

It was an elimination match, but the ring announcer and the commentators all thought it was one fall.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So no one told the announcers, got it.

Also holy loving lol at Lana dedicating the match to Putin.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

So no one told the announcers, got it.

Also holy loving lol at Lana dedicating the match to Putin.

Nah, the announcers mentioned it during the match - i think they were just reacting to the delayed "Jack Swagger has been eliminated" voiceover.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I've been thinking about this and it just makes me angrier. What the gently caress is the writing team thinking? Why did they bring the crowd reactions into Cena/Bray?

Hear me out... the story here is that Bray, in each encounter, is taking the fans with him, that they no longer love John Cena, and that in the end he'll be all alone. There is no emotional conclusion to that storyline. At Payback when Cena wins, the crowd isn't going to burst out in applause and everything is hunky dory. Especially since it's Chicago right? They're just going to boo him. So how does beating Bray change a drat thing?

This plot has no conclusion, because even after smiting Bray, he's not going to "Get the fans back" or stomp out brays message or whatever. By bringing the crowd into this, they guarantee that they'll have a bad finish to the feud.

What the gently caress was wrong with "Bray Wyatt wants to prove Cena is a monster and a false hero"? That has a logical end.

Unless they decide to change the story again, this is not going to be good.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And then the cage match last night in no way played into the story they were telling. Bray's plan to bring out the monster in Cena apparently resulted in him having a bog standard Cena match (complete with Cena no selling a beating to literally jump up the cage wall) and the Wyatts trying really hard to have Bray win a match when he's said outright he doesn't care about that stuff. ahioshgds

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

DeathChicken posted:

And then the cage match last night in no way played into the story they were telling. Bray's plan to bring out the monster in Cena apparently resulted in him having a bog standard Cena match (complete with Cena no selling a beating to literally jump up the cage wall) and the Wyatts trying really hard to have Bray win a match when he's said outright he doesn't care about that stuff. ahioshgds

Hell, Cena, the guy who said "Wyatt can not escape this cage or his message escapes with him" who always says "If you want some, come get some" who's entire character is based around wanting to kick rear end and never back down or quit... his plan to stop Bray. The evil vile cultist demon who's corrupting that which he loves, even CHILDREN is not going full Paladin and smiting evil with righteous fury... it's to try to run the gently caress away.

Imagine we're talking about a fairy tale here, with the dragon and the princess and the knight and the Knight goes "I have to stop this dragon, for the good of the people, so they may never suffer again" and his means to this end is to run inside the cave, grab the princess and then leg it.

loving. Stupid.

And that's the thing. No one looked good, they all just looked loving retarded. Cena did not look like a brave Hero, Wyatt did not look like a crazed madman/demon who wants to corrupt and kill everything. They did not look like mortal foes locked away to murder each other, the plot of the match (Wyatt gets out, his message gets out, and Cena wants to stop him, while Wyatt wants to corrupt Cena to make him like him) is completely loving pointless, and... god drat.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 5, 2014

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Have to say that was one of the most boring PPVs I've ever seen. It's sad that one of the most fun and original matches of the night was the pre-show match.

Outside of Bryan and Seth jumping off the balcony everything was boring :(

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Going waaaay back to the pre-show, Cole, Lawler and JBL cracking up over the WeeLC commentary team plugging the network non-stop is hilarious.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Every time Cole or Lawler mentions that Bray has brainwashed the fans into cheer for him I :rolleyes: Also this feud will end with that kid hugging Cena in the middle of the ring after John saves him from the Wyatt cult.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

weekly font posted:

Every time Cole or Lawler mentions that Bray has brainwashed the fans into cheer for him I :rolleyes: Also this feud will end with that kid hugging Cena in the middle of the ring after John saves him from the Wyatt cult.

And then sticking a knife in Cena's chest.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

No worries, he'll pop up and high five the front row of the audience. "I'm okay folks!"

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
The forklift shenanigans in the main event reminded me of the classic Buried Alive match where Stone Cold brought out a backhoe to finish burying Taker.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

weekly font posted:

More like he'll take off his Wyatt robe to reveal a neon green Cena shirt then do U Can't See Me in Wyatt's face

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Onmi posted:

And then sticking a knife in Cena's chest.

Ahh, so the kid is New Jack.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

weekly font posted:

Also this feud will end with that kid hugging Cena in the middle of the ring after John saves him from the Wyatt cult.

Given WWE's tendency to troll the IWC as of late, I'd say there is a legit 50% chance of this actually happening.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope Batista sticks around.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

sticklefifer posted:

A lot of you guys hate fun. :mad: That show wasn't great, but it was fun as hell.

Yeah, anyone saying this is the most boring PPV they've seen should go watch some older PPVs. This thing was not the best, but it wasn't the worst either. It was kinda good with most of the problems being execution. Also, for the reality era, the amount of carny was really high.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

thelazyblank posted:

Yeah, anyone saying this is the most boring PPV they've seen should go watch some older PPVs. This thing was not the best, but it wasn't the worst either. It was kinda good with most of the problems being execution. Also, for the reality era, the amount of carny was really high.

This, go check out some of the 90s In Your House pay-per-views if you want boring. WeeLC wasn't boring, The Shield match wasn't boring, the cage match wasn't boring (maybe dumb depending on your point of view) and the main event was too wacky to be boring. I can forgive you if you thought the elimination triple threat or the IC title match was boring but I found them to be enjoyable. My daughter loves BNB's cape and called him Superman so that's enough for me.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with all you sad sacks but this PPV was super goofy and weird and I loved it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
This PPV was a bunch of really silly Pro Wrestling poo poo, and was fun to watch, other than John Cena still existing. GF and I spent most of it laughing and saying "wrestling is loving dumb" and enjoyed feeling like dumb kids watching it.

The commentary was hilariously bad, especially with the constant "bad news" shoehorning for BNB. It reminded me of Rob Conway years ago, when his gimmick was that he was Rob Conway, the con man, who did things the Con Way (whatever that meant). JR would be like "Rob Conway using that foreign object while the referee is distracted" and King saying "well he's a con man, JR; he does things the Con Way!"

won't you just look at me... ain't I a sight to see? just look at me....

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Any match that has a legitimate candidate for match of the year is worth watching - and I got that and the dumbest poo poo ever, so double win!

Sad that Evolution is unlikely to be sticking around, but oh well. Not gonna be able to top that match.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Any match that has a legitimate candidate for match of the year is worth watching - and I got that and the dumbest poo poo ever, so double win!

Sad that Evolution is unlikely to be sticking around, but oh well. Not gonna be able to top that match.

I thought Shield/Evolution was clearly inferior to Shield/Wyatts from EC or Raw and possibly Main Event as well. Evolution didn't really seem to bring too much to the table. They weren't dragging things down, but they weren't really making it better either. It was the Shield doing all their wicked signature offence, detailed mannerisims, and bumping like lunatics but with the Wyatt matches you get all that plus some excellent story telling.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Something I just remembered that I meant to post. There was a little kid, maybe 6 or 7 years old, in front of me 2 rows decked out in Cena stuff, and halfway through the cage match he just started booing Cena. By the end he started signing Whole World with other people and even yelled "FOLLOW THE BUZZERS" at the end of the match. His dad looked over at him and said "Its follow the buzzards" so he yelled it again correctly and it was pretty drat :3:

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
What was with the whole "Crowd is cheering for Bray, so they must be possesed!" poo poo by the way? Why the hell did they do that?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

No one would boo Cena unless they're brainwashed, duh :D

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Some writer had the dumb idea to try to tie crowd reactions into the story plot.

See the reason you don't do this is because you can't control crowd reactions, so when the blow-off happens, it's just going to be people booing Cena.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Air Julio posted:

No one would boo Cena unless they're brainwashed, duh :D
Ok that must mean Chicago boos Cena because Punk is mind controlling the crowd. Makes sense.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don't think what happened on the PPV, save whateverthefuck that was in the Cena match, was WCW level but we're not seeing WCW level shenanigans every week so it stands out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That PPV was a lot of fun and made me feel good about my purchase of the network. Weelc and shield/evolution was worth :10bux: alone

• Locked thread