Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Help, I panicked and bought a pound of dried bonito flakes, what can I do with them besides make a lot of dashi?

EDIT
HELP I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE MY CAT HELP LOCKD IN BATHROOM WITH BONITO OH GOD THERES MORE CATS OUTSIDE

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Friends, I now have at my command a CAT ARMY. That's what you do with a pound of bonito flakes. Also, I'll be making this tomorrow.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/06/bonito-flakes-black-sesame-yaki-onigiri-recipe.html

I also apparently scored like crazy on the price, only paying 15 bucks for the bag. Or online prices are insane.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

1secondpersecond posted:

Are you implying that you should get more than one second at a time?

Smoke weed every day, get more day then you know what to do with.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I was picturing the cats going crazy for the bonito and Suspect Bucket reacting by hiding in the bathroom with the bonito.

I always imagine the bathroom to be the best spot to be trapped for a few hours. It's got water, the bath tub's not a bad place to sleep with some towels, and there's usually something to read. It's also where we keep the hurricane emergency kit.

I'll have hot eggy rice tomorrow and top it with bonito flakes. Pitty it smells a bit like a bad fish tank. I made some killer dashi stock with it, that's what kept me sane for a few days while the fall weather change brought it's usual sinus madness. Udon is awesome. I top it with a bit of sauteed green pepper, chopped dried chillis, onion, and rehydrated mushrooms in their stock. Add soy sauce and brown sugar to taste.

• Locked thread