Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

barren_sky posted:

It's on sale for $30 CDN for PS4 right now in Canada and it's still twice what i'd pay for this game. If you bought it from Walmart, see if they do a price guarantee.

They're usually pretty good about returning defective products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Teeter posted:

Speaking of booze, here's a game I've played a few times with friends/roommates...

2 players, 2 40s of premium malt liquor, and full 20 minute periods. Put a cup out and have each player pour a bit in so it's like 1/3 full, or about at beer pong/flip cup level I guess. Each player takes a drink out of their own bottle every time there's a stoppage of play (no skipping replays!). If you get scored on, you drink what's in the cup and both players fill it up again.

Only takes about an hour and all your sorrows disappear!

Wait, so you drink out of the cup (that's 1/3 full) or the bottle you're pouring from? This sounds fun and close to some rules a few friends of mine have used.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I can't post a video of the jumpdeke I did earlier tonight because the game does not have that feature anymore. So instead I'll post a video of a jumpdeke I did a couple years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6QPMMqims

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Hockles posted:

I can't post a video of the jumpdeke I did earlier tonight because the game does not have that feature anymore. So instead I'll post a video of a jumpdeke I did a couple years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6QPMMqims

Pretty sure the game still has jump deke.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Pretty sure the game still has jump deke.

The game has jumpdekes. You are unable to upload replays anymore.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Hockles posted:

The game has jumpdekes. You are unable to upload replays anymore.

Oh, pleb last gen version huh

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

After 7 long years....

I DID IT

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wait, so you drink out of the cup (that's 1/3 full) or the bottle you're pouring from? This sounds fun and close to some rules a few friends of mine have used.

The cup is used when you're scored against since it's a larger drink and a bit of a penalty. Other than that you just drink from the bottle at every stoppage of play.

60 minute games are intense.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
old gen > current get laff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxPkMG832Y

GET PSYCHED FOR 16

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Duke Chin posted:

old gen > current get laff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxPkMG832Y

GET PSYCHED FOR 16

Just as a reminder, they worked on NHL 15 for next gen for two years. :stare:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Bradf0rd posted:

Just as a reminder, they worked on NHL 15 for next gen for two years. :stare:

Judging by various comments and interviews, it looks like they got most of the tech up and running on Xbone/PS4, then EA swooped in and said "we need some people to work on this UFC game, so we're taking some of your team" and it hosed em up.

Doesn't change the fact that NHL 15 was the weakest offering in like 7 years.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I've been saying it for years that John Scott was just as good as Sidney IRL I mean come on now.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Judging by various comments and interviews, it looks like they got most of the tech up and running on Xbone/PS4, then EA swooped in and said "we need some people to work on this UFC game, so we're taking some of your team" and it hosed em up.

Doesn't change the fact that NHL 15 was the weakest offering in like 7 years.

I've never seen anything to back this up other than the echo chamber'ing of this here in SA. I'm not saying it's wrong or right, I've just never seen/read anything other than "my uncle works for nintendo..." hearsay. If it IS true: I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

NHL 16 feature hype & lies thing apparently leaked day early:

http://i.imgur.com/LYTWnGY.jpg

Dynamic playoff beard technology.

EASHL without boost and attributes just basic builds would be great thing if that is what they are implying. Improved skating and puck pickup are pretty important updates the game play mechanics needed. Gretzky actually doesn't need three tries to get pucks under control like NHL 15 tried to teach us. But the mechanics in 15 are so loving bad that even with these improvements it may not make the game play good. Well see.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
First line of the features list sums it up: "Available only on Xbox One and Playstation 4" ...they're abandoning the platform(s) that it actually worked on.

hahah putting playable goalies back in as a "feature" oh look everyone in here called it.

The NHL 16 thread better be called NHL 16 - it's the same bullshit with Dynamic Playoff Beard Technology :colbert:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If the beards ripple like the jerseys do this year I'm out.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

Pleads posted:

If the beards ripple like the jerseys do this year I'm out.

You have the spine of a jellyfish. I think you've :toxx: yourself.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Just take out replays and all the bullshit between plays on online versus, that's all I want. Oh and try to use menus that the consoles can render without overheating.

Edit: Balanced EASHL without stat boosting grind-to-win nonsense might actually be a lot of fun.

prom candy fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 19, 2015

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm an idiot. I am in. I am going to complain incessantly, though.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
NHL 2016 - Features:
  • Still the only hockey game
  • What are you gonna do, not buy it?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

prom candy posted:

NHL 2016 - Features:
  • Still the only hockey game
  • What are you gonna do, not buy it?

:sigh: ...yup. Though I've been good about NOT buying them the last few years. At best I'll try to angle for an early birthday present or something so I don't actually, directly spend money on it and thus feel like dirty dirty subhuman scum for giving EA :homebrew:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
The crossover between this thread and the SAS hockey player thread is ridiculous

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

prom candy posted:

The crossover between this thread and the SAS hockey player thread is ridiculous

It's how we know this game is poo poo. We all know how real hockey is supposed to be played.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The NHL franchise: making lower division beer league look competent since 2012.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well I'm definitely not buying it because I'm not buying a xbone/ps4 exclusively for NHL15 with flapping beards. It'll be the same underdeveloped piece of poo poo as last year with EASHL patched in, watch.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Ugh I already know I'm going to end up buying it so I'm not even going to start flapping my gums.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm just looking forward to seeing yet ANOTHER year of the stick-glued-to-puck-during-sprint animation that we've had for... hah wow I've lost count how many iterations at this point.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
that all sounds horrible

where do i begrudgingly put my money?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
so basically readding poo poo they took out/forgot to put in + playoff beards

I hope Rammer's car gets t-boned by an 18 wheeler on the way home today

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, the real feature list is out, and it is literally exactly that picture posted earlier, with in-line pictures in the article.

:woop: right?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't know why I feel the need to monitor the goings on with the NHL games considering I don't have a current-gen system, but here I am. I'm curious to see how the trainwreck goes this year.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dynamic Beard Technology

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Much like almost every year, the feature list reads really well.

We'll see how it looks come release and whether half the poo poo is functional or balanced. I have a feeling 5-Sniper teams are just going to be the same lovely danglefest QC groups we've played against for the last few years.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Diet Crack posted:

Well I'm definitely not buying it because I'm not buying a xbone/ps4 exclusively for NHL15 with flapping beards. It'll be the same underdeveloped piece of poo poo as last year with EASHL patched in, watch.

This is the exact situation I'm in. I typically buy the games every two years and 14 was my latest. Really disappointed they didn't give at least one more 360 or PS3 offering, especially seeing as how EA was making Madden games for PS2 until 2012.

E- I only really play three games right now anyway, so there's no way in hell I'm dropping over $500 for a system and copies of NHL and GTA V, games I essentially already have.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 19, 2015

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Pleads posted:

Much like almost every year, the feature list reads really well.

We'll see how it looks come release and whether half the poo poo is functional or balanced. I have a feeling 5-Sniper teams are just going to be the same lovely danglefest QC groups we've played against for the last few years.

yeah this is basically what I expect if they do away with purchasable boosts. Basically one class (sniper) being stupidly overpowered so that you can play the stupid lovely brand of hockey gently caress boy likes.

I will be waiting to see if this is actually the case though, because the gently caress if I believe that EA willingly removed a no-effort DLC thing that generates money.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'd be surprise if boosts go away.

If they do, I'd expect them to be replaced with equipment with stats on it (for sale).

The most acceptable thing would be cosmetic equipment so you could buy some gaudy flame gloves or one of those wiener golden helmets they have in the Euro leagues.

e: For $2, users from a Canadian IP address can buy the Domination pack. This cosmetic pack places gold medals around the player's neck from: Men's Olympic Tournament, Women's Olympic Tournament, Men's World Championship, U20 World Junior Championship :smuggo:

US players can pay the same to unlock a mismatched bunch of silvers, bronzes, and participation ribbons.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 19, 2015

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

You can buy Igilna that Cup he'll never get!!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hopefully it's a 2 for 1 so Hank can have one, too.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I want to believe that they're adding a mode that isn't pay-to-win, but I know they'll find a way to goof it. If it was just hats that would actually be awesome and I probably would spend real money to buy the digital tinted visor and yellow laces that I secretly want in real life.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I want a camo helmet and a big pot leaf on my stick tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

prom candy posted:

I want to believe that they're adding a mode that isn't pay-to-win, but I know they'll find a way to goof it. If it was just hats that would actually be awesome and I probably would spend real money to buy the digital tinted visor and yellow laces that I secretly want in real life.

HUT is their moneymaker. That is the mode where you pay to win.

• Locked thread